The Kanye West thread

Wishing the best for this man.

What Kanye is essentially attempting here is challenging the oldest scientific law of our time...and that is, he is trying to turn a hoe into a housewife.

After that conversation, he could only walk out of the room because he just witnessed the beast that he was up against in all its glory and all that he saw was a potential massacre. Therefore, he needed to retreat in battle so that he could win the war. Instead of approaching her directly, he needs to subtly remove the demonic influences that are surrounding his family. Like anyone who has ever tried to "redpill" anyone, it is a futile exercise trying to exorcise the possessed without addressing the multiple demons puppeteering them head on.

The journey and the fight that lay before him will be gargantuan, and most will say impossible, but as I said earlier...I'm wishing the best for this man.

Athanasius

Pelican
It's hard to say with celebrities, but I pray for him. Even the Pulpit & Pen guy has said that Kanye West is getting undiluted counsel from solid, faithful pastors, not money grubbers and spotlight seekers.

^ if his advisor is talking about TULIP then he is a Calvinist

edit: reading more about the church, I see they pick and choose doctrine... which is actually interesting and on its face I have no problem with it

Roosh

Cardinal
gework said:
West's pastor recalls Kanye said rap is the devil's music:

Timestamp: 23:30

Not sure if you can say he is Armenian Orthodox. This church is non-denominational.

Did the pastor get an okay from Kanye to talk about things said in private? Seems weird that a pastor would talk about someone in his congregation to a journalist.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
Roosh said:
His new album is here:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0FgZKfoU2Br5sHOfvZKTI9?si=mTzMYOw2SVW7HuuVhyu9dg

My favorite song from the album, which mirrors my experience:

I'm excited to see Kanye in the spiritual path.

Helps that Kanye will probably never have to worry about money ever in his life (in the future). Also, he was hit with a profound sense of loss when his mother passed away in late 2007. His music started becoming increasingly eccentric from that point forward (as well as his behavior). Hopefully his intent is pure with the whole "Jesus Is King" campaign.

Roosh

Cardinal
Hopefully his intent is pure with the whole "Jesus Is King" campaign.

Do you know that people still say the same about me? That I'm a new kind of grifter.

It's clear to tell that you are not a practicing Christian, because you wouldn't judge a fellow Christian in such a cynical, prideful way.

Sosa

Woodpecker
Roosh said:
His new album is here:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0FgZKfoU2Br5sHOfvZKTI9?si=mTzMYOw2SVW7HuuVhyu9dg

My favorite song from the album, which mirrors my experience:

I'm excited to see Kanye in the spiritual path.

My favorite song is "Use This Gospel" with the Clipse and Kenny G. You can hear the pain in their verses, and Kenny's saxophone solo was sublime.

This whole album was fire! Awesome music and a far cry from most "cheesy" Christian rappers you hear in recent memory. High quality production - but would you accept anything less from Kanye West?

I'm a die hard hip hop head. The greatest album I've ever heard from any artist was Kanye's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" in 2010. That was an absolute MASTERPIECE. "Jesus is King" is not on that level, but I could argue it's going to be more culturally impactful due to it's message, quality of music, and reach it will have to the masses. This album is going to save a lot of souls and that's what I think Ye was ultimately trying to achieve.

I give "Jesus is King" a strong 8/10.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
Roosh said:
Hopefully his intent is pure with the whole "Jesus Is King" campaign.

Do you know that people still say the same about me? That I'm a new kind of grifter.

It's clear to tell that you are not a practicing Christian, because you wouldn't judge a fellow Christian in such a cynical, prideful way.

I think it's a misunderstanding my man. I would not be one to judge a man like that. Furthermore, there are certain folks I will always appreciate & respect unconditionally. I diddn't mean to come off as cynical or prideful my brother.

I actually was a Kanye West fan since his early days (much like I've been a fan of your work since the early days). It has been exciting to see how the journey has progressed for all of you (and my own life as well). Nothing stays static & change is inevitable.

Roosh

Cardinal
^^ I understand.

If someone attacks Kanye for his conversion then they might as well attack me too, since we've been graced in a similar way.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
Roosh said:
^^ I understand.

If someone attacks Kanye for his conversion then they might as well attack me too, since we've been graced in a similar way.

For sure. I think it's moreso the fact that some folks that knew Kanye's work in the past or knew your old work expected you to stay the same as you once were. We still need to accept that it is possible to take the God pill. And your assessment earlier was not entirely off. I grew up in the Catholic church, but I have certainly struggled in my faith for a long time. I still have a long way to go in the spiritual journey. Nonetheless, I appreciate & respect the path that you have taken and look forward to seeing where it takes you in the future.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Roosh said:
^^ I understand.

Well, you actually have more of a relationship with people on the forum than you do with Kanye West so using a shaming strategy against skepticism towards a public figure might not be the most effective strategy for dealing with dissent.

I know that you have had an intense experience that you feel strongly about, and that is all to the good.

It just doesn't seem like taking criticism of Kanye as an attack on you is a good idea.

This could creep towards the "people who look like me" style of identity politics that you have been against for a long time, only now it is "people who believe like me."

Christianity is perched on a strong set of shoulders which can handle criticism after all.

Your forum. Your rules. My two cents.

Sosa

Woodpecker
Kanye West on Jimmy Kimmel promoting his new "Jesus is King" album and talks about the transformation has had over the past year.