The Kanye West thread

Sword and Board

Kingfisher
VNvet said:
It's a good development for Kanye and society as a whole. And I'm not surprised that this came from Kanye.

My only skepticism comes because he's signed to (((Def Jam))). Hopefully they aren't using Kanye to promote some type of Noahhide 'Christianity, 'Zionist 'Christianity,' or subvert the current Christian revival.

It seems unlikely at this point - the album is named 'Jesus is King.' Only time will tell how the record label plays this one though.

I also remain sceptical, perhaps cynical on this. Especially when false prophets like Olsteen come sniffing about and the establishment hasn't shown any revulsion or significant resistance.

Sooth

Pelican
Gold Member
I love seeing this conversion process. It's literally miraculous.

The album is not that musically exciting compared to his other work but the message is good.

Here is another Christian rap artist:

Crow
Gold Member
Roosh said:
I don't trust Joel Osteen. I went to his service in Houston and he pitched his congregation for $10 million so he can get on more TV channels (it's on my latest Babylon Road video). Hopefully Kanye declines the invitation.

Holy moly Roosh, how did you endure the traffic and all the mess getting in and out of Lakewood?

Mad respect for attending his service. I personally stay away from that entire area Sunday morning because of the traffic in Upper Kirby.

CalvinC

Chicken
I feel like there's a lot of momentum going right now, lots of light dispelling the raging darkness. It's going to get worse before Christ returns, but I'm just enjoying this moment so much. Kanye's not perfect, but lots of souls will be saved from this album. Where Christ is, the devil cannot be.

God is, Use this Gospel, and Selah are top three for me.

Sosa

Woodpecker
"But honestly if Kanye does nothing to us but deliver Christian rap from here until eternity, I think that's going to mean kind of the end to his career ......"

These powerful liberals in the music industry ALL have the same talking points. Now that Kanye's has turned his life to God, they want to to cancel him.

Talk about money, murder, high fashion, f**cking girls and bleaching their butt holes - they'll promote your message to the masses, however the moment you even mention the word "Jesus", everyone loses their damn minds, your music is trash and you're a lame. They wish the "old" Kanye was back.

If this does not convince you a spiritual manifestation is ongoing right now, I don't know what will. #JesusisKing caused a nuclear sized glitch in the simulation, just as when Roosh announced the rule changes on the forum banning casual sex and hooking up. The vicious backlash he received was shocking, even though hes been the same guy we've known for over a decade. Imagine the backlash Kanye is getting globally. There are people who actually want to KILL this man. It makes you wonder who is controlling the system.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
Sosa said:
"But honestly if Kanye does nothing to us but deliver Christian rap from here until eternity, I think that's going to mean kind of the end to his career ......"

These powerful liberals in the music industry ALL have the same talking points. Now that Kanye's has turned his life to God, they want to to cancel him.

Talk about money, murder, high fashion, f**cking girls and bleaching their butt holes - they'll promote your message to the masses, however the moment you even mention the word "Jesus", everyone loses their damn minds, your music is trash and you're a lame. They wish the "old" Kanye was back.

If this does not convince you a spiritual manifestation is ongoing right now, I don't know what will. #JesusisKing caused a nuclear sized glitch in the simulation, just as when Roosh announced the rule changes on the forum banning casual sex and hooking up. The vicious backlash he received was shocking, even though hes been the same guy we've known for over a decade. Imagine the backlash Kanye is getting globally. There are people who actually want to KILL this man. It makes you wonder who is controlling the system.

True. Now granted Kanye did put out the hit single in December 2004, "Jesus Walks", but the powers that be probably figured it was just a one-off. Critics actually praised the song & it did great numbers commercially. Go figure.

antman333

Sparrow
Sosa said:

That doesn't sound far off for me.

I'm coming at this from a casual listener's standpoint. I'm not bashing the message behind the album or christianity. But it's definitely... overwhelmingly... christian. It's to the point where if you aren't christian you aren't going to like it. This personally isn't something I could just throw on, and I'm sure a lot of people feel that way. Even if they love it now, the hype will die down and I don't see anybody but devout christians actually listening to this album. I REALLY don't believe that the majority of people who are loving this album, are routinely listening to christian hip-hop, and I don't think Kanye is going to magically change that.

Mortay

Sparrow
Man, I've been playing this album on repeat for the past 2 days, and I gotta say, the synchronicity of Roosh and Kanye taking the God Pill at the same time has been eye-opening. I watched the interview with that kiwi liberal weirdo, and you can see the serenity in Kanye. He was dropping many red pills but wasn't sperging out. Just clear and at peace with his faith in God. He said something interesting that a lot of men in history have that God Pill moment at age 40 and denounce their previous work that was promoting sin. Seeing the transformation of both Roosh and Kanye at that age gives me hope that I can turn around my life after living as a degenerate in my 20s.

Sosa

Woodpecker
gework said:
Good news, but better hope Kanye built some wings on his way down.

[NSFW]

Kanye West clearly explains "Why?" he made this song and how this very song was a turning point in his spiritual awakening here. ----------->

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
Sosa said:
The internet's busiest music nerd Anthony Fantano gives his review of Kanye's "Jesus is King" album.

This dweeb has attacked me a couple times on Twitter. I suspect he's a homosexual.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
If, in a magic dream world of my own creation, Kanye ever asked my advice on how to handle his conversion, I would counsel him, as I would any public figure, to fade out of the public eye while you are making the difficult transition to the new ways of your faith.

There are so many mistakes and exaggerations and over-corrections ahead of him, so many certainties that will end up being the tailings of his secular pride, that I would wish for him the time and the space and the privacy to make his mistakes somewhere that has the recording button set to off.

The chief danger is that he will mistake old ways for new ways, and by the time he has figured it out, he will have already committed publicly to some new course, and it will just be too hard to course correct after having made a public statement. Too humiliating. The tendency to hamster will be too great.

It is going to be hard enough with a private steep learning curve. Staying a public figure will make it nearly impossible.

Teedub

Crow
Gold Member
As an aside it's rather remarkable what James Corden has pulled off. He was a B-List TV actor over here who somehow managed to convince American execs and audiences that he was the hottest thing since Sacha Baron Cohen or Ricky Gervais, who were superstars when they jumped over the pond.

His agent deserves half his salary.