The Kanye West thread

Both Cordon and that alleged music nerd review guy are followed by people you probably shouldn't be fcking with.

Both he and Piers Morgan came over here and hustled executives. Wack imports.

DamienCasanova

Ostrich
Gold Member

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...hing-abortion-and-welfare-on-black-americans/

Rap superstar Kanye West slammed the Democratic Party for pushing abortion and dependence on welfare on black Americans, explaining that many people have become “brainwashed” by the party’s destructive ideas.
In a wide-ranging interview with radio host Big Boy to promote his album “Jesus Is King,” West opened up about his disdain for Democratic Party policies imposed on black people over decades.

“Bro, we brainwashed out here bro,” West said. “C’mon man, this is a free man talking. Democrats had us voting Democrats on food stamps for years bro.”

“What’s your talking about?” the Grammy-winner continued. “Guns in the ’80s, taking the fathers out the homes, plan B, lowering our votes, making us unborn our children. Thou shall not kill.”

In the same interview, West also argued it was racist to assume that black people must vote Democrat because of their skin color.

“I can’t tell y’all how to feel, but what I can tell you honestly is how I feel,” the “Jesus Walks” crooner said. “And when I sat there seven years and six years into the Obama administration, when I was sitting out there at the Met Ball, when I was sitting in front of white people and they thought ‘I wouldn’t have thought you’d like Trump because of the racism.’”

“So you mean to tell me I make every decision based off my color? he continued “The most racist thing a person could tell me is that I’m supposed to choose something based on my race.”

The 41-year-old rapper also spoke in detail about his becoming a Born Again Christian, defending religious conservative values and argued that those who push political correctness are the same people who want to destroy Christianity altogether.

“I’ve been canceled before. That was canceled culture. Who told you that my career would be over? The same people that are telling you that you can’t have a right to say who you will vote for,” West said. “Those people will be soon to take Jesus out of school. Those people will be soon to remove Jesus, period, from America, which is the Bible Belt. Those people will be so mad. Come on man.”

Enoch

Hummingbird
Kanye is big enough that he doesn't need the (((producers))) and (((distributors))) to sign off on his music anymore.

Props to him for his willingness to alienate a large part of his fan base with this album. Putting faith over money is not easy.

That said I hope this works out financially for him as well.

wwtl

Kingfisher
Sosa said:
"But honestly if Kanye does nothing to us but deliver Christian rap from here until eternity, I think that's going to mean kind of the end to his career ......"

These powerful liberals in the music industry ALL have the same talking points. Now that Kanye's has turned his life to God, they want to to cancel him.

Talk about money, murder, high fashion, f**cking girls and bleaching their butt holes - they'll promote your message to the masses, however the moment you even mention the word "Jesus", everyone loses their damn minds, your music is trash and you're a lame. They wish the "old" Kanye was back.

If this does not convince you a spiritual manifestation is ongoing right now, I don't know what will. #JesusisKing caused a nuclear sized glitch in the simulation, just as when Roosh announced the rule changes on the forum banning casual sex and hooking up. The vicious backlash he received was shocking, even though hes been the same guy we've known for over a decade. Imagine the backlash Kanye is getting globally. There are people who actually want to KILL this man. It makes you wonder who is controlling the system.

Getting baptized into the Holy Spirit is what makes you go all the way for Jesus Christ.

Easy_C

Peacock
Yep.

To some extent, I don't really give a crap whether he's serious and/or actually understands the subject matter. He's always been a personality of unhinged excess but it's still remarkably useful for the cause to have someone with this kind of celebrity cache displaying rabid enthusiasm.

wwtl

Kingfisher
EHwroxCU4AAYnou.jpg

Seems he's also been slagging off his wife Kim Kockdashian an awful lot these days, whether directly or indirectly. No man who has made a turn to God, (if his turn to God is indeed genuine) could feel good about himself when you choose to marry a cum dumpster like her.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
^ The Orthodox church teaches us not to divorce in this situation. She's the cross he has to bear, and her salvation will likely be due to him. God intends all to be saved. Instead of insulting her, pray for her salvation.

PainPositive

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
Here's something to think about-

Imagine in two years Kayne falls away from Christ and goes back to making mainstream hip-hop. He declares himself a Scientologist and denounces God. How would you feel. Would it affect your faith?

Imagine a Christian hero who has produced half a dozen Christian albums, led millions to Christ, some of whom are your friends, and you see him denounce it all. How would they feel? Would it affect their faith? Probably at least some of them would be negatively affected.

The thing about Kayne that not a lot of people are talking about is that he's newly saved. Lots of people "get saved" and then fall off or mostly go back to their old ways. Lots. Maybe even most. I'm glad Kayne has found God and believe his faith is genuine but you don't know how many newly saved people talk just like him and are back out drinking in the club inside a year. I've seen it plenty as a teenager in church ministry.

I think before we put too much responsibility on him we should wait and see how his faith develops or otherwise we'll be setting ourselves up for a let down. It can be a huge stumbling block to see a Christian you love and respect fall or turn around and outright reject Christ only a few years after having been saved. This happens more than you think.

Be careful with putting too much faith in Kayne is all I'm saying. Don't let his walk affect yours and don't let a celebrity's faith (or fall from faith) affect your own.
Be happy for him and pray for him but don't make him your idol.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
@PainPostive

Yes, wait and see seems like the best approach to any conversion, especially a celebrity one.

A person can get through the first year of faith on enthusiasm and adrenaline alone.

Wait until it gets boring or tedious or you realize you have to do some seriously difficult apologies and amends makings, and you really start white knuckling it, and a lot will fall away.

The fourth year might be the killer, long after anyone bothers to have an opinion about you anymore, and it is just you and God, and you are expected to do what's right just because it's right, and not because anyone notices.

You might be surprised at all the inner demons that bubble to the surface, little demons that you thought you had cast away in those first giddy months.

Still, all the best to him, it is a tough stance in his world.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
PainPositive said:
Here's something to think about-

Imagine in two years Kayne falls away from Christ and goes back to making mainstream hip-hop. He declares himself a Scientologist and denounces God. How would you feel. Would it affect your faith?

Imagine a Christian hero who has produced half a dozen Christian albums, led millions to Christ, some of whom are your friends, and you see him denounce it all. How would they feel? Would it affect their faith? Probably at least some of them would be negatively affected.

The thing about Kayne that not a lot of people are talking about is that he's newly saved. Lots of people "get saved" and then fall off or mostly go back to their old ways. Lots. Maybe even most. I'm glad Kayne has found God and believe his faith is genuine but you don't know how many newly saved people talk just like him and are back out drinking in the club inside a year. I've seen it plenty as a teenager in church ministry.

I think before we put too much responsibility on him we should wait and see how his faith develops or otherwise we'll be setting ourselves up for a let down. It can be a huge stumbling block to see a Christian you love and respect fall or turn around and outright reject Christ only a few years after having been saved. This happens more than you think.

Be careful with putting too much faith in Kayne is all I'm saying. Don't let his walk affect yours and don't let a celebrity's faith (or fall from faith) affect your own.
Be happy for him and pray for him but don't make him your idol.

Sober truth. I hate to admit it, but there seems to be a fairly big turnover rate of Christians artists who ended up not only renouncing their faith but ended up becoming pretty hostile towards their former beliefs. Earlier this year there was one guy who used to be part of the original Hillsong United worship team who's not only left the faith but went full on fedora atheist. And remember these are guys who were started off as Christian artists/worships leaders from the beginning as opposed to only having gone a recent conversion like Kanye. And also unlike Kayne, they aren't wrapped up in the whole Hollywood life yet that still fell. I've seen a few comments that expressed being hopeful about his change but also said the best thing for him would be to withdraw from the public for a while. I agree with that.

Nineteen84

Ostrich
Orthodox
Gold Member
Lazuli Waves said:
One odd thing he has done recently is sell $225 sweatshirts and two pairs of socks for $50 on Easter Sunday at his Sunday Service at Mountain concert at Coachella.

$50 ‘Jesus’ socks. Ridiculous. I browsed a few articles and see no mention of where the profit from these sales is going. Is it a Christian or other charity? I doubt it. This reminds me of the time JayZ exploited the ‘Occupy Wall Street’ movement by selling OWS inspired t shirts but kept the money for himself. Kanye has taken this to a whole new level. Thumbs down.

Athanasius

Pelican
I remember back when Mike Tyson was baptized. Then he became a Muslim and later (I think) abandoned Islam.

On the other hand, you have guys like Steve McQueen and Alice Cooper. Seeing God change someone you would have never expected to change is a glorious thing.

Perhaps the most appropriate response is cautious optimism.

MaceTyrell

Pelican
Nineteen84 said:
Lazuli Waves said:
One odd thing he has done recently is sell $225 sweatshirts and two pairs of socks for $50 on Easter Sunday at his Sunday Service at Mountain concert at Coachella.

$50 ‘Jesus’ socks. Ridiculous. I browsed a few articles and see no mention of where the profit from these sales is going. Is it a Christian or other charity? I doubt it. This reminds me of the time JayZ exploited the ‘Occupy Wall Street’ movement by selling OWS inspired t shirts but kept the money for himself. Kanye has taken this to a whole new level. Thumbs down.

The profits are for his Yeezy clothing brand.

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Athanasius said:
I remember back when Mike Tyson was baptized. Then he became a Muslim and later (I think) abandoned Islam.

On the other hand, you have guys like Steve McQueen and Alice Cooper. Seeing God change someone you would have never expected to change is a glorious thing.

Dave Mustaine, the Korn guys, and even Victor Griffin from Pentagram. Griffin does a Christian doom metal band now called Place Of Skulls, highly recommend.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
MichaelWitcoff said:
Athanasius said:

Dave Mustaine, the Korn guys, and even Victor Griffin from Pentagram. Griffin does a Christian doom metal band now called Place Of Skulls, highly recommend.

Brian Welch has a good testimony.

Athanasius

Pelican
As does Kerry Livgren (Kansas), who wrote a lot of their songs and was involved in Urantia before his conversion. He wrote a book years ago about it.

I don't remember if there was a conversion biography, but Keith Green... Biography was No Compromise. That pretty much sums up Keith Green in two words. Guy had drifters coming in off the street living in his house. Amazing man.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Athanasius said:
As does Kerry Livgren (Kansas), who wrote a lot of their songs and was involved in Urantia before his conversion. He wrote a book years ago about it.

I don't remember if there was a conversion biography, but Keith Green... Biography was No Compromise. That pretty much sums up Keith Green in two words. Guy had drifters coming in off the street living in his house. Amazing man.

Thanks for the info on Livgren, will check it out. You could tell from the start by their lyrics that Kansas was a band delving deep into life.

By the way, I saw an amazing documentary about Keith Green. He has one of the most amazing stories out there, and I had never heard of him before seeing it.

He made the great point that everyone is in your corner when you are searching for the truth, however when you find it, they all fall away or criticize you.

The pose of the seeker. How true.

Slight caveat. While his story is amazing, and you can tell by the reminiscences of his friends and family in the video that he was well loved, Keith Green was extremely annoying in a Cat Stevens sort of way.