Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Y5TQ0IV7462B.jpeg
dvpjT5fq0c96.jpeg

traelo

Banned
Orthodox Inquirer
So I realized something about the New Testament. Many leftists/atheists will claim that most of the arguments against homosexuality were in the Old Testament, and that "Jesus never said anything about homosexuality." (Wrong actually, he defined marriage as between a man and woman and also mentioned sexual immorality, which homosexual acts fall under). However, when it comes to the 21 letters, it starts with Romans, and in the first chapter of Romans it mentions homosexuality where men exchange natural use of woman for other men, and women likewise have lust for each other. Then in the last letter, Jude, it mentions Sodom and Gomorrah being punished for going after "strange flesh", and being set forth as an example. This is right before Revelation, he book about the apocalypse. So the 21 letters both start and finish with anti-homosexuality. The way I see it, this is God saying that homosexuality is a very serious sin and foreshadowing that a big part of his wrath upon earth at Armageddon will be because of homosexuality and society not only accepting it, but flat out promoting it.

Last edited:

Towgunner

Kingfisher
So I realized something about the New Testament. Many leftists/atheists will claim that most of the arguments against homosexuality were in the Old Testament, and that "Jesus never said anything about homosexuality." (Wrong actually, he defined marriage as between a man and woman and also mentioned sexual immorality, which homosexual acts fall under). However, when it comes to the 21 letters, it starts with Romans, and in the first chapter of Romans it mentions homosexuality where men exchange natural use of woman for other men, and women likewise have lust for each other. Then in the last letter, Jude, it mentions Sodom and Gomorrah being punished for going after "strange flesh", and being set forth as an example. This is right before Revelation, he book about the apocalypse. So the 21 letters both start and finish with anti-homosexuality. The way I see it, this is God saying that homosexuality is a very serious sin and foreshadowing that a big part of his wrath upon earth at Armageddon will be because of homosexuality and society not only accepting it, but flat out promoting it.

I'm no theologian, but, there's a concept that I think is quite useful called "via negativa", which means I may not know who or what God is, but, I can safely say what he is not. And, I think its very clear that God is not a depraved sexual pervert.

Also, whether homosexuality is or isn't explicitly mentioned, per se, there is no question that the moral ideal of sex is for procreation and therefore for sexuality to be respected and honored instead of debased and perverted. In this broader context, there's no doubt, therefore, where Christianity falls when it comes to homosexuality. As you said above, its a part of a broader umbrella of sexual immorality. If someone nitpicks that homosexuality isn't condoned because its not tirelessly labeled, underscored and in bold, misses the obvious, which is sexual immorality of all kinds is not condoned, which very much includes homosexuality because homosexuality is the ultimate in sexual immorality.

Regarding Jesus, I think his position on all is this is best summarized by the interaction with Mary Magdelene. If you confess and are sincere you are forgiven, but, the part most people always leave out is "go on and sin no more". Meaning, stop being a sexual deviant.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

Note: @ms_piffle (Rachael Piffle) set her Twitter page to private.

Christmas carol rewritten to be more ‘inclusive’​

A church in the UK altered the verses of a popular hymn to make mention of women and queer people

A British church has taken it upon itself to update the lyrics of the 17th century Christmas carol 'God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen' to make it more “inclusive” of women and queer people. The song, which was performed with the altered lyrics at a carol service on Monday, has sparked a row within the Church of England as critics say the changes are a blatant attempt to inject a progressive political ideology.

In its version, The All Saints with Holy Trinity church in Loughborough, England, removed all references to Christ as savior, any mentions of overcoming Satan, and completely scrapped the nativity story featured in the original. Instead, the new version addresses the “queer and questioning,” as well as “women, who by men have been erased, through history ignored and scorned, defiled and displaced.”

The updated text was shared on Twitter by a parishioner named Rachael Piffle, who uses ‘she/her’ pronouns, according to her Twitter bio. After her initial post elicited a backlash, she explained that the service where the updated version of the carol was sung was what is called a mayor’s community carol service, which raises funds for a children’s hospice, and was attended by people from the community who don’t regularly attend church.

“We had reps from major charities in our area working with homeless, refugees and other vulnerable people groups. Don’t you think ignoring their work would have been disingenuous?” Piffle argued.

Nevertheless, traditionalist factions within the Church of England have condemned the attempt to rewrite the traditional lyrics. Church official Sam Magrave responded to the new text by stating on Twitter that he was “absolutely disgusted” that an act of worship was being used to push a “political ideology.”

Former vicar Reverend Matthew Firth added to the outrage by stating that the words were clearly changed to fit a “woke, unbiblical agenda.”

The All Saints With Holy Trinity in Loughborough is part of the Inclusive Church network, which is an educational charity whose mission is stated as to challenge the church “where it continues to discriminate against people on grounds of disability, economic power, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, learning disability, mental health, neurodiversity, or sexuality.”

GigaBITE

Woodpecker
Oriental Orthodox

Lol. Your home is now a prison.

Where's the outrage that we were all imprisoned in our homes for the past 3 years?

Look how effective the brainwashing was in just 20 years of American occupation. Afghan women are literally unable to know what to do other than have a career.

The GAE preys on emotion and moral outrage to drum up support for intervention and their neo-imperialist excursions, so I'm rather desensitized to it and mostly wondering how many of those Afghan women belonged to a special class receiving paychecks from Uncle Sam. The GAE will always offer a photograph or video of some shrieking and sobbing Afghan (or Syrian, or Libyan, or Ukrainian) women and children.

I'm sure the women will simply adjust to not having Uncle Sam and Moshe aren't around anymore.

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
I'm no theologian, but, there's a concept that I think is quite useful called "via negativa", which means I may not know who or what God is, but, I can safely say what he is not. And, I think its very clear that God is not a depraved sexual pervert.

Also, whether homosexuality is or isn't explicitly mentioned, per se, there is no question that the moral ideal of sex is for procreation and therefore for sexuality to be respected and honored instead of debased and perverted. In this broader context, there's no doubt, therefore, where Christianity falls when it comes to homosexuality. As you said above, its a part of a broader umbrella of sexual immorality. If someone nitpicks that homosexuality isn't condoned because its not tirelessly labeled, underscored and in bold, misses the obvious, which is sexual immorality of all kinds is not condoned, which very much includes homosexuality because homosexuality is the ultimate in sexual immorality.

Regarding Jesus, I think his position on all is this is best summarized by the interaction with Mary Magdelene. If you confess and are sincere you are forgiven, but, the part most people always leave out is "go on and sin no more". Meaning, stop being a sexual deviant.

The term "homosexual" was coined in the 19th century by psychologists. But sodomy as a shameful act existed as a concept all throughout biblical history. Even Ancient Greeks found it shameful:

etwsake

Woodpecker
Catholic
Gold Member
One of the kids from "Stranger Things" just "came out" as gay today.

Poor kid never had a chance.

Since the kid was a pre-teen he's been bombarded with nothing but constant pressure from "social media" insisting to him that he "likes boys." So now they get what they want. Through the sheer force of will of the retarded masses, they've convinced a kid that not only is the character that he plays on TV a homosexual, but he is in real life as well.

Not only is his character abducted/tortured/etc on the TV show (again, when the poor kid was like 12) but he also appeared in a music video when he was quite young where they don't even try to hide the fact that they're torturing this kid. Talk about satanic imagery...

If he's being abused this badly ON camera, I don't even want to imagine what they did to him behind the scenes.

Like I said...poor boy never even had a chance.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
They're laughing at us. Spinning the strings like we are bunch of retards, and sadly we can say we've become that to apt degree. Just like ADHD and depression and things like that are just business models to sell you drugs, the medical industry goes as far a mutilating your children for some coin. Unlimited capitalism truly ushers in a situation where there's no boundaries on how to make a buck, however immoral it is, especially in a world where there is no morality anymore acknowledged by society, or when there is, it's the opposite of morality that is presented as morality.

FlzV9ZSXgAA8Xl1

Last edited: