The Louis CK thread

ru2486

Pigeon
There have been other threads in here about Louis CK, but more often than not they've been bashing him.

Disclaimer: I'm a huge Louis CK/George Carlin fan, so not even pretending to be neutral here. I apologize if this has been posted before/is a duplicate, I'm in a bit of rush with exams.

I think he drops some seriously Red Pill outlook starting at 26:00 minutes in. Watch the whole thing if you want to laugh.

6TWZI66KRl4?t=26m

He uses the phrase "value in the sexual marketplace"!

RE: Louis CK: Did he (partially) take the Red Pill?

I love Louis CK - but as with Chris Rock I feel that whilst he builds his routines around Red Pill ideas. He is always backs off at the end in order to not alienate the masses.

The classic one was with Chris Rock slamming women for getting fat, old nd boring. But then ending on some dumb note about how 'new pussy is great - but who is going to cook for you if you get sick? New pussy can't cook - hell new pussy can't even read!' To which all the married betas in the audience start cheering loudly.

To me that is a really sad Blue Pill conclusion to such routines.

Below is an example of the drippy beta idealism which Louis CK seems scared to truly confront. It is an example of the rollercoaster ride approach to his comedy. Where he shocks and scares his audience with glimpses of Red Pill thinking before safely leaving the audience back where they started.

It is probably the secret to his success. And I say this as a fan of his work.

Anyone see his latest special on Netflix?

I thought it was hilarious and may be his best one so far!

9/10

YossariansRight

Ostrich
Gold Member

He's an executive producer of "Baskets", which has pretty much become my favorite TV show.

Sisyphus

Woodpecker

DetlefMourning said:
Also the version of himself that he plays on Louie is extremely beta.

Yes, but that's make-believe. His character is the endearing hard luck schlub with a heart of gold. But if he were that much of a sniveling little wimp in real life he would not have had success in any career let alone comedy.

YossariansRight said:
He's an executive producer of "Baskets", which has pretty much become my favorite TV show.
I'm gonna look for this. I love Louie and I enjoyed the show "Louie" lots. Though that show was a lot darker than I wanted it to be. Laughing one minute and then his girlfriend dies or something else horrible. I don't want to feel bad while watching something funny.

YossariansRight

Ostrich
Gold Member

BrewDog said:
YossariansRight said:
I'm gonna look for this. I love Louie and I enjoyed the show "Louie" lots. Though that show was a lot darker than I wanted it to be. Laughing one minute and then his girlfriend dies or something else horrible. I don't want to feel bad while watching something funny.

"Baskets" is...different. Season 2 just finished up about 2 weeks ago. The show gets better and better as it goes on.

I'm not a big Zach Galifianakis fan, but he's winning me over.

YossariansRight said:
BrewDog said:
YossariansRight said:

"Baskets" is...different. Season 2 just finished up about 2 weeks ago. The show gets better and better as it goes on.

I'm not a big Zach Galifianakis fan, but he's winning me over.

If it's got Zach in it then I'm definitely going to check it out.

I recommend the two-part interview he did with Marc Maron. He breaks down at one point when talking about his daughter, it's intense.

In his stand-up, he really hits those comedic high points usually reserved for the greats.

Nonpareil

Pelican
Gold Member

I find that while he's pretty funny and sometimes you can tell he's at least held the red pill and considered washing it down, there's always one bit, in each of his specials, that's pure and unadulterated blue pill pap. I know in one special he had a bit about date rape, and another about the wage gap; the former becoming a farce because it's less and less becoming 'date rape' as it is 'slut penance', the latter which doesn't exist.

He's better than most of the comedians out there but at best I would consider him purple pill, taking the red pill kills the white knighting reflex.

But then again maybe he's pandering, because he knows he can't be too edgy if he wants to keep his job. Without knowing him personally, we'll never know.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox

He spoke out against Trump on the Colbert show:

Louis C.K. didn’t pull any punches when talking about President Trump on “The Late Show” Tuesday night.

“Some people lie — ‘That guy lied, they found out he lied.’ Then there’s somebody who lies because they can’t quite stay inside the boundaries of truth," he told host Stephen Colbert.

“Then you have a liar, somebody who it’s almost like a problem, they lie a lot. Then you have a lying sack of s--t. That’s somebody who just they just lie, they like it — he likes it. He goes, ‘Heh heh, it wasn’t even true. Wasn’t even true. Then I said ‘they were liars.’ It’s just insane. It’s just gross. He’s just a gross crook — dirty, rotten, lying sack of s--t.”

The comedian also said his comments weren’t political, but said Trump voters were “the victims of the lying.”

"Look if you voted, that’s the guy he lied to," he said. "He didn’t lie to me. He lied to him. He didn’t lie to me. Everybody else was like ‘yeah, no that’s not true.' But that guy bought it."

Louis C.K. is currently on a promotional tour for his new Netflix special.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

I saw his disgusting face on imgur the other day, I went to upload couple of pics and when I clicked my imgur bookmark, I saw his mug so I clicked, I don't know why.

I have utmost disdain for stand up comedy as it's yet another of many forms of pure-bred American degeneracy, but I used to watch some of it, long long long time ago, and I recognize him as a comedian.

The image was a series of screencaps with subtitles from his (latest?) "SPECIAL" (LOL). It basically took 20 screencaps from the show to show his retarded, absolute bottom of the barrel 3rd grade Le Atheist level "do you know why we count years? - jesus years!" routine.

I trembled in cringe. You burgers have some really, really, really troubling pop culture.

Jaihoo said:
I saw his disgusting face on imgur the other day, I went to upload couple of pics and when I clicked my imgur bookmark, I saw his mug so I clicked, I don't know why.

I have utmost disdain for stand up comedy as it's yet another of many forms of pure-bred American degeneracy, but I used to watch some of it, long long long time ago, and I recognize him as a comedian.

The image was a series of screencaps with subtitles from his (latest?) "SPECIAL" (LOL). It basically took 20 screencaps from the show to show his retarded, absolute bottom of the barrel 3rd grade Le Atheist level "do you know why we count years? - jesus years!" routine.

I trembled in cringe. You burgers have some really, really, really troubling pop culture.

This forum has the unique option of letting you choose whether or not you click on something.

la bodhisattva

Kingfisher

I laugh harder at Louis CK than any other comedian but to say that he's partially taken the red pill is probably a stretch...at least in his act. His bit about women deserving the right to choose an abortion based on their "innate ability of better judgment" and thereby be the arbiters of humanity was so blue pill you'd think it was stolen from a lena dunham tweet. Conversely, that same abortion did call to task the feminist acceptance that abortion is murder and I believe he has at least joint custody of his kids, so maybe he was man enough to not totally capitulate to his wife in the divorce.

Bacchus

Ostrich

Shit, maybe he doesn't give a fuck anymore and no longer feels the need to restrain himself (or just recognizes that the dreaded anti-PC crowd are the only ones who will listen to him):

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/GMA/Cult...ng-survivors-gender-neutral/story?id=60089678

In the new routine, CK recounts his trials during 2018, saying, "Ever have an entire year that sucks."

He added a joke that his mom sent him the New York Times article, where the women first accused CK of the harassment, saying, "Mom, that’s not a good f----- article."

He later turned to the survivors of the Parkland, Florida shooting, who have helped to organize rallies and marches all across the country in support of gun control after 17 students and faculty at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School were killed by shooter Nikolas Cruz.

"How does that make you interesting? You didn’t get shot," CK can be heard saying. "You pushed some fat kid in the way and now I got to listen to you talking?”

He then adds, "Everybody gets upset when there’s a shooting at a high school, I don’t see why it’s worse than anybody else dying, I don’t.”

CK also went after those who identify as gender-neutral.

After explaining that gender-neutral people prefer to be identified as "they," he responds, "Oh okay, okay. ‘You should address me as 'there,' because I identify as a location.”

Get 'em Louis

MealyZestyGrison-size_restricted.gif

Atlanta Man

Ostrich
Gold Member

The whole thing is on YouTube. It is hilarious and brutal. I was screaming laughing. He is back, he still has it!