The Mark Zuckerberg thread

Brodiaga

Ostrich
Gold Member
I hope somebody starts a class action lawsuit against Facebook for privacy leaks. Then we can all jump in and get a bit of money from Zuck. I got $30 from a similar LinkedIn lawsuit a couple of years ago.

rpg

Ostrich
The only time I thought Zuck was funny was when he said he would kill everything he ate. I think he chopped the head off a fish and then wussed out.
Somebody should take this guy bear hunting with a bow.

Mercenary

Hummingbird
Piankhi said:
I dont get all the hate for Mark. No one is being forced to use facebook. Dont hate the player, hate the game.

There is no law that states you MUST have an email address or a mobile phone either. But try doing anything without either of them, and tell me how that works out for you.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Mercenary said:
Piankhi said:
I dont get all the hate for Mark. No one is being forced to use facebook. Dont hate the player, hate the game.

There is no law that states you MUST have an email address or a mobile phone either. But try doing anything without either of them, and tell me how that works out for you.

The most successful people I know use email and cell phones for productive purposes.

None use FB personally*

Facebook is 99.99% time suck and the remainder a distraction.

*Social media for business purposes is what interns an PA's are for

Super_Fire

Kingfisher
PapayaTapper said:
Mercenary said:
Piankhi said:

The most successful people I know use email and cell phones for productive purposes.

None use FB personally*

Facebook is 99.99% time suck and the remainder a distraction.

*Social media for business purposes is what interns an PA's are for

FB is for keeping up with old friends and family, as well as promoting business.

JayR

Kingfisher
Atheist
Mercenary said:
Piankhi said:

I get by without a phone. For work, I have a WiFi-connected iPod Touch that runs the dual-factor authentication software required to sign onto my employer's VPN.

It is true though -- it is getting more and more difficult to go without a mobile phone in modern society. Airport pickups? I'm an asshole now because I don't have one.

For me the benefits of being phone-free still outweigh the disadvantages, but I sense the day is coming when I'll have to cave and get one of those fucking things. I intend to hold out as long as I can.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member
Mark has the answers.

DZWj_Ffi_Ws_AAh_R6_R.jpg

Roosh said:
It's looking increasingly likely that Facebook is a sanctioned extension of the CIA or NSA:

Funny - it was clear from the onset and the same going for Google. Google had even ex-CIA bosses as CEOs. There was a strong connection to Dharpa - the CIA business front.

Facebook and Google are businesses that form natural monopolies. It's even possible that Microsoft was highly aided by the same group as such large software companies are ideal for creating backdoors - the more they are aided by the NSA, the easier it is to spy on people.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Zelcorpion said:
Roosh said:
It's looking increasingly likely that Facebook is a sanctioned extension of the CIA or NSA:

Funny - it was clear from the onset and the same going for Google. Google had even ex-CIA bosses as CEOs. There was a strong connection to Dharpa - the CIA business front.

Facebook and Google are businesses that form natural monopolies. It's even possible that Microsoft was highly aided by the same group as such large software companies are ideal for creating backdoors - the more they are aided by the NSA, the easier it is to spy on people.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Edit. Also, it obviously started with the PRISM data-mining project during Obama Administration's two terms.
article-2337228-1A30AD82000005DC-39_634x462.jpg

article-2337228-1A30AD76000005DC-751_634x475.jpg

Other source
Revealed: Google and Facebook DID allow NSA access to data and were in talks to set up 'spying rooms' despite denials by Zuckerberg and Page over PRISM project

Genghis Khan

Banned
Piankhi said:

Apparently doesn't stop Facebook from tracking you:

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/shock-facebook-tracking-even-youre-not-facebook/

Facebook's problems just keep accumulating, drip by drip—or more like splash by splash. It’s now been discovered that Facebook not only collects and uses the personal data of its members but also collects the data of those who never signed up for Facebook.

So if you're one of those who blames Facebook users for allowing their personal data to be compromised, don't be so smug. Facebook may be sharing your personal data as well.

Daniel Kahn Gillmor, senior staff technologist at the ACLU, discovered that, although he never joined Facebook or any other social network, Facebook has a detailed profile on him.

Now you might think, so what? Facebook could not possibly know who the person is. Gillmor notes that “the profiles Facebook builds on non-users don't necessarily include so-called 'personally identifiable information' (PII) like names or email addresses, but they do include fairly unique patterns."

He then conducted a test. "Using Chromium's NetLog dumping, I performed a simple five-minute browsing test last week that included visits to various sites — but not Facebook," he wrote. "In that test, the PII-free data that was sent to Facebook included information about which news articles I was reading, my dietary preferences, and my hobbies," said Gillmor. "Given the precision of this kind of mapping and targeting, 'PII' isn’t necessary to reveal my identity. How many vegans examine specifications for computer hardware from the ACLU's offices while reading about Cambridge Analytica?"

But don't worry though - if the left ever arrests you for thought crime because you have an account on this forum, I'll be sure to remind you not to hate the player.