The Mark Zuckerberg thread

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

This has been one hell of a strange week: Zuckerberg's Congressional hearings, Syria gas attack and Trump's lawyer's office raided.

Once Was Not

Kingfisher
I don't really care about this but it sounds like Cuckerberg is wiping the floor with these technologically illiterate senator dipshits.

FB to the moon, can't Cuck the Zuck.

Now twitter, that is a company I would salivate over the death of...

kaotic

Owl
Gold Member
Once Was Not said:
I don't really care about this but it sounds like Cuckerberg is wiping the floor with these technologically illiterate senator dipshits.

You should care about this.

You should care how facebook influences.

You should care what data facebook has of you.

He isn't wiping the floor with anything.

You should salivate over the death of Facebook more than twitter.

Unless you prefer have your head in the sand.

Once Was Not

Kingfisher
kaotic said:
Once Was Not said:

You should care about this.

You should care how facebook influences.

You should care what data facebook has of you.

He isn't wiping the floor with anything.

You should salivate over the death of Facebook more than twitter.

Unless you prefer have your head in the sand.

I say I don't care because I don't believe these hearing will do or accomplish anything. Nothing is going to stop the mass collection of our data, which only benefits the government. If not facebook then the NSA is surely picking up the slack, or any number of other nameless government institutions who track our every move. Nor is any meaningful amount of social media or facebook users going to care enough to quit their dopamine fix. Even if they did, Google is right there doing the same exact thing. Not the mention this is all because a group that helped Trump benefited from facebook data. The left has been, as usual, getting away with whatever they want for years, using our data, and zero fucks given by these idiots who can't stop throwing softballs at this guy.

Meanwhile we have twitter waging full war against critical thinking, conditioning everyone to think and speak in hashtags and 170 or whatever character bits of thought. Fucking tweets are regularly referenced everywhere as legitimate professional commentary. Half the news and media is about tweets from people. It's insane.

It's all shit, it all needs to die, but people can't put the crack pipe down.

Ice Man

Robin
^Seems to be:

S59dtC2.jpg

71cVjd96FqL._SX355_.jpg

kamoz

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Think about this: why on earth would the (((MSM))) rally the public against one of their own (((Zuckerberg))) to the point where he’s testifying in front of congress? Especially when all he’s been doing is helping them in their agenda? Simple: he failed, just like the rest of social media.

He and Facebook are the canary in the coal mine. The Deep State has decided that social media benefits us more than it benefits them. They’re shutting it down. I wouldn’t be surprised if some sort of pork barrel legislation comes around that in practice prevents the formation of social media like websites. That will take care of most of the masses. Then they will come for the rest in forums like this.

Days of Broken Arrows

Crow
Gold Member
kamoz said:
Think about this: why on earth would the (((MSM))) rally the public against one of their own (((Zuckerberg))) to the point where he’s testifying in front of congress? Especially when all he’s been doing is helping them in their agenda? Simple: he failed, just like the rest of social media.

He and Facebook are the canary in the coal mine. The Deep State has decided that social media benefits us more than it benefits them. They’re shutting it down. I wouldn’t be surprised if some sort of pork barrel legislation comes around that in practice prevents the formation of social media like websites. That will take care of most of the masses. Then they will come for the rest in forums like this.

Follow the money. Newspapers find "truth" when and where it's convenient to their bottom line.

The MSM recently rallied the public against Backpage.com, spouting the Feds' unsupported claims about "child trafficking." Yet before online classifieds, newspaper ran these same ads. Back then if you criticized that, they'd write editorials in support of these ads, claiming "freedom of the press" and calling their critics Moral Majority prudes. Up until about 2003-04, massage parlor ads appeared on sports pages of a lot of dailies.

The reason newspaper write a lot of what they write goes beyond left/right politics because it's ultimately about cash flow. There is probably some deal that publishers are trying to make with Facebook about story links, and they're turning up the heat on Zuck so they get the bargain end of that deal.

Most of the liberal nonsense by writers is lip service and moral preening. Look at where they live and where they send their kids to school to get the real story. Hint: It's not Southwest DC or East New York.

rpg

Ostrich
Mercenary said:
Question to Zuck:

Does facebook consider itself a neutral public forum ?

Answer:

Cruz wrecked the Zuck.
Zuckerberg is fascinating because he has insulated himself for so long that the real world looks like a zoo exhibit to him. Deep state is going to rip his company out of his hands and put him out to pasture.

Mercenary

Hummingbird
kamoz said:

It's a very good question.
Why do (((they))) suddenly turn totally against one of their own (((tribe))) ?
A large part may have to do with Trump winning the election in November 2016.

Facebook was supposed to help prevent this...but they failed miserably. In fact, I think Trump used facebook data to find out where his supporters were and which swing states to target, as well as spread damaging stories about the opposition on facebook.

Also, (((they))) want to go try to go back to a world where people can't spread alternate information & alterate news online...and try to bring it back to a system where most people get their info from (((mainstream approved))) sources only.

Ultimately, they don't want people who share the same ideas (meaning "subverse" ideas) to be talking, meeting and exchanging info. Not online, and certainly not in real life.

If all social media platforms get shut down totally sometime in the next 3 years, then this will be the starting point of it all.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
I don't see what this is accomplishing. Zuckerberg gets to practice evasion and playing dumb, politicians get to grandstand.

He looked like a slimy bullshitter, but didn't really admit to anything, probably just looks at it like the cost of doing business.

Grown-ups scold little boy so older voters feel good.

Little boy lies so kids high five each other about how easy parents are to fool.

Life goes on as before.

Kingfisher
Zuck's always doing the "Hey look, I am having 'Good Posture' right now! Hey I am still doing it!" vibe that someone who is trying really hard to Act Normal And Be Confident does.

(Remember a year or two ago, that body language expert lady had a video analyzing how Zuck clearly takes "power coaching" to appear more powerful and relaxed? She used all kinds of TV appearances to point it out. Fascinating.)

dosequis

Banned
Piankhi said:
I dont get all the hate for Mark. No one is being forced to use facebook. Dont hate the player, hate the game.

Agree. I mean he seems like a normal and very likeable guy regardless of the different stories you hear. Still got his feet on the ground. If most of us had the same amount of fuck you money we would probably be fucking horrible to deal with.