The Matt Walsh Thread

BasedBaker

Robin
Trad Catholic
I think on most issues (especially cultural ones), the speakers on The Daily Wire agree although there are slight variations between the hosts. I would guess Matt Walsh is the most traditional but I have only watched Andrew Klaven a few times and I have only seen a few clips from Candace Owens.
I would add racial issues into the cultural issues and Shapiro is pro-browning of America. He's Sean Hannity who talks faster and hates our Blessed Lord.
I would say that Shapiro is more traditional than Biden who is the first Catholic president since JFK and it makes me wonder if the Catholic religion must have split between the real one that Knowles and Walsh must follow and the light version that Biden follows.
This isn't the thread for a Tradition vs Novus Ordo(Modernism) debate, so I don't want to go too deep into the weeds on this. However there is a very big split between Catholics who follow tradition and those who follow the post Vatican II, Novus Ordo version of the church. Biden, Pelosi and such are these types of "Catholics". Now before I upset anyone, there are very good and pious Novus Ordo Catholics, so I'm not saying that they are all in that camp. Dr. E. Michael Jones is a Novus Ordo Catholic. However, they do subscribe to the modernism that has infected the Church.

The Church has never split, because the Church is built by our Lord Jesus Christ and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. However it is surely under siege from within.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
260c3dd1070ef3cd.jpeg

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
Is truth relative? Should we care about the truth in the modern world or should we just have the right to define our truth as many new age type people believe? Is Matt Walsh out of date and old-fashioned for thinking this way?

These might be interesting to pose to liberals in your life who are willing to watch this clip.

Number one bummer

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Gold Member
This is one of the reasons I have skepticism of Walsh. However, it was back in 2018 a lot could have changed since then.

I find it suspicious that Money and Kinsey were the only two critical theorists Walsh picked to highlight in his documentary. If you look up lists of prominent "sexologists" you will find that 70% are the usual suspects, 20% are WW2 Germans and the last 10% are the useful idiots like Money and Kinsey.

They were just 4th generation critical theorists that were building upon the degeneracy.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
I find it suspicious that Money and Kinsey were the only two critical theorists Walsh picked to highlight in his documentary. If you look up lists of prominent "sexologists" you will find that 70% are the usual suspects, 20% are WW2 Germans and the last 10% are the useful idiots like Money and Kinsey.

They were just 4th generation critical theorists that were building upon the degeneracy.
My wife and I watched it and enjoyed it.

Look, anything from the Daily Wire is just popcorn. You don't watch their content for groundbreaking critical analysis, it's entertainment. I'm pleasantly surprised he called out who he did, but I don't expect him to call out every subversive from Plato to Freud. Including Money was actually surprising in a good way.

stugatz

Pelican
Catholic
I want to watch this documentary badly but I don't want to subscribe to Daily Wire at the moment. Do they not have some kind of one-time a-la-carte option where you can just watch it a single time?

stugatz

Pelican
Catholic
This is one of the reasons I have skepticism of Walsh. However, it was back in 2018 a lot could have changed since then.
Walsh got pretty based under Trump, and keep in mind that he enthusiastically denounced him in 2016. Around 2019 or so he was beginning to post a number of videos of vibrants doing violent things in order to point out where a lot of violent crime in the US was coming from.

Sure, he's a recovering Israel Firster, but well...Republicans and people who lean that way have been gushing about Israel for half a century. It's not going to reverse overnight. And keep in mind how much time Trump spent kissing Netanyahu's butt, even populists are guilty of continuing this.

Elipe

Ostrich
Protestant
I want to watch this documentary badly but I don't want to subscribe to Daily Wire at the moment. Do they not have some kind of one-time a-la-carte option where you can just watch it a single time?
It reminds me of how in video game RPGs, you're the Chosen One who is destined to save the world from the ancient terrible evil thing that wants to destroy the entire universe, but all the merchants still charge you money for the weapons and armor you need to, well, destroy the world-ending evil thing.

I get that business is business, but...

stugatz

Pelican
Catholic
It reminds me of how in video game RPGs, you're the Chosen One who is destined to save the world from the ancient terrible evil thing that wants to destroy the entire universe, but all the merchants still charge you money for the weapons and armor you need to, well, destroy the world-ending evil thing.

I get that business is business, but...
I know they're making some decent quality media right now (Run Hide Fight, that movie Shut In, whatever that new Gina Carano flick is) but I'm just not all that interested at this time. Not to mention that I always found Shapiro and Klavan pretty cringe.

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
I am too cheap to buy the patch. However, they sold out quickly and more are on the way. The idea is quite amusing and clever and it would save money vs. buying new patches every quarter to fit the current narrative:

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
I respect Matt for being in the frontline and doing more for the good cause than most of us, and I get his sentiment, but this is exactly what the regime wants: two fronts in trenches opposite one another.
Someone posted a link to it on Rumble.

No come back from this.

WMvqkU9yO5if.jpeg
It's fun when they say a woman president, which means an alpha male in a female's body as president. Someone like Hillary Clinton has all the characteristics of an alpha male, yet she has a female body. There will never be a true woman as president or leader, who is feminine, as a feminine woman by default isn't a leader, nor possesses qualities such as competition, ruthlessness, work ethic, vision, perseverance etc.