Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
^

FeffMyTXgAATUq2

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian

I have zero faith they won't just continue these rituals off the books. This is a cult we are dealing with, and they are always convinced they are the good guys, even when mutilating children. If anything, more whacko lib parents will convince themselves their children are transgender so they can claim to be oppressed by evil conservatives.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Pelican
Catholic
Gold Member
I have zero faith they won't just continue these rituals off the books. This is a cult we are dealing with, and they are always convinced they are the good guys, even when mutilating children. If anything, more whacko lib parents will convince themselves their children are transgender so they can claim to be oppressed by evil conservatives.

Maybe...more likely they'll refer "transgender kids" to clinics in more demonic states. But this is still a major win.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Trump and him the two right-wing figures that's the best at baiting and trolling the media. He recently put out a sarcastic video of him saying anime is satanic and pretty much all the usual liberal outlets jumped on it with the "dur look at this dumb out of touch theocrat who doesn't get it" without realizing that was the reaction he was trying to get from them.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Aids Skrillez has resurfaced.

You can always entirely predict the physical appearance and facial features of these types of protestors. We should really just skip all the BS and admit this is ultimately just a war between the lower/sexless caste of human genetics and upbringing, versus the higher caste of happy childhoods and healthy genetics. Maybe we could come to some sort of understanding.

Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
You can always entirely predict the physical appearance and facial features of these types of protestors. We should really just skip all the BS and admit this is ultimately just a war between the lower/sexless caste of human genetics and upbringing, versus the higher caste of happy childhoods and healthy genetics. Maybe we could come to some sort of understanding.

I've told them that and I don't think I've seen them more mad.

Early Bird

Woodpecker
Catholic
For those that listened to the podcast above ^, I thought Matt Walsh did a horrible job articulating why he opposes gay marriage. Joe definitely had him on the backfoot, displaying the smug liberal entitlement mentioned below. It should have been an easy W.

Often in these debates, the left is extremely aggressive from a combination of resentment, hatred of limits, and smugness knowing they wield the power to cancel and hurt you.

Why can Ben Shapiro, when asked about gay marriage, easily say with 100% confidence that homosexuality is a sin and he would not go to a gay friend’s wedding under any circumstance out of principle. When asked why he can simply answer, “because those are my religious beliefs” knowing that any further probing or rebuking can easily be countered with the “anti-semite!” accusation.

When Christians make religious arguments they are hateful bigots. We understand the game is rigged against us, but that does not absolve us of our duty to speak the truth and honour God’s word.

Here are some easy retorts to combat the gay marriage brigade:

Start from the premise that the onus is on those in favour to sell it to you, not the other way around. Remember: you are not the aggressor here – you are simply fortifying the walls of the kingdom from the Barbarian onslaught. They are the ones constantly tearing down all facets of civilization. They are the aggressors and it is very much a war.

You don’t have to accept the left’s terms or definitions. Make them defend their own illogical clown world creations (like forcing a dog’s nose in its own excrement when wrongly defecating inside). The main leftist tropes can all be easily dismantled without even making a religious argument.

Claim: It’s just about two people in love!

Refutation: According to whom? When did this become the definition? Why just two people? Why not more? What is love? Why is that the primary justification for marriage? If it’s just about love, what is stopping a parent from marrying their child, or other family members marrying each other? A person from marrying their pet? Or themselves?

Claim: How does it harm you? Why do you care what consenting adults do?

Refutation: It might not harm me directly today, that some gay couple in another country, state or town is married. The problem accumulates and compounds. If we incentivize something, we get more of that thing. If there is shame and stigma around something, we get less. The whole trans nonsense is not some random aberration that just fell out of the sky – it’s the inevitable progression from something as absurd as gay marriage. So this is a very painful reminder of how it will end up affecting all of us eventually. Why does sexual activity get a special pass? Why is sexual activity somehow immune from criticism or limitation? Leftists certainly don’t think that when it comes to rape and sexual assault. And we know sexual abuse and homosexuality are inextricably linked. Consent alone is not a blanket license to commit crime, indulge perverted delusions or inflict self harm. The "why do you care" argument is a dishonest shaming tactic to make you look square and uncompassionate, posed as a question. It's basically another term for "you're not supposed to notice the obvious".

Claim: You say marriage is about raising children…what about straight couples who can’t have kids, or don’t want them?

Refutation: Once again leftists point to an exception to try and disprove the rule. In principle, straight couples are capable of creating life. In principle, a homosexual union cannot – therefore the homosexual union is unnatural. It lacks both logos and telos, thus rendering the act of marriage completely superfluous. Not wanting children is also a very modern phenomenon, no doubt exacerbated by the recent normalization of various disordered sexual appetites. Not wanting children makes you a sort of demi-queer. Homosexuality deliberately takes what is fertile (the sexual act) and makes it sterile. In the Christian view this is why it is sinful. As a secular argument, this is why it is different. Not being able to conceive as a result of health problems or age is not the same thing as deliberate, rebellious inversion.

Catholic Alan Keyes masterfully schooled a smug Obama on this precise point with beautiful logic. Absolute A+ mic drop: (around 39:30 – 44:30)

So much soy from Obama here, especially after Keyes mentions how children born to gay parents do not know their father (cut to Obama at 43:41, who sadly realizes he did not really know his absent father). He is so uncomfortable from hearing the truth.

Claim: You don’t know what it’s like to be oppressed. How would you feel if you couldn’t do something you really wanted?

Refutation: I am part of the most hated and persecuted group of people in history (Christians). We don’t just get to do whatever we want in a life with natural limitations and suffering. Simply desiring something isn’t justification in itself. We can want things that are wrong, unhealthy, illegal, etc. I can’t just play in the NFL because I identify as a pro football player. I can't break into your home because I want a glass of water. If you choose to be gay, you forfeit a normal lifestyle and a family of your own. You don’t get to mirror straight life and enjoy all the same responsibilities and privileges, just as I don’t get to earn millions per year for throwing a ball.

Last edited:

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
For those that listened to the podcast above ^, I thought Matt Walsh did a horrible job articulating why he opposes gay marriage. Joe definitely had him on the backfoot, displaying the smug liberal entitlement mentioned below. It should have been an easy W.

Often in these debates, the left is extremely aggressive from a combination of resentment, hatred of limits, and smugness knowing they wield the power to cancel and hurt you.

Why can Ben Shapiro, when asked about gay marriage, easily say with 100% confidence that homosexuality is a sin and he would not go to a gay friend’s wedding under any circumstance out of principle. When asked why he can simply answer, “because those are my religious beliefs” knowing that any further probing or rebuking can easily be countered with the “anti-semite!” accusation.

When Christians make religious arguments they are hateful bigots. We understand the game is rigged against us, but that does not absolve us of our duty to speak the truth and honour God’s word.

Here are some easy retorts to combat the gay marriage brigade:

Start from the premise that the onus is on those in favour to sell it to you, not the other way around. Remember: you are not the aggressor here – you are simply fortifying the walls of the kingdom from the Barbarian onslaught. They are the ones constantly tearing down all facets of civilization. They are the aggressors and it is very much a war.

You don’t have to accept the left’s terms or definitions. Make them defend their own illogical clown world creations (like forcing a dog’s nose in its own excrement when wrongly defecating inside). The main leftist tropes can all be easily dismantled without even making a religious argument.

Claim: It’s just about two people in love!

Refutation: According to whom? When did this become the definition? Why just two people? Why not more? What is love? Why is that the primary justification for marriage? If it’s just about love, what is stopping a parent from marrying their child, or other family members marrying each other? A person from marrying their pet? Or themselves?

Claim: How does it harm you? Why do you care what consenting adults do?

Refutation: It might not harm me directly today, that some gay couple in another country, state or town is married. The problem accumulates and compounds. If we incentivize something, we get more of that thing. If there is shame and stigma around something, we get less. The whole trans nonsense is not some random aberration that just fell out of the sky – it’s the inevitable progression from something as absurd as gay marriage. So this is a very painful reminder of how it will end up affecting all of us eventually. Why does sexual activity get a special pass? Why is sexual activity somehow immune from criticism or limitation? Leftists certainly don’t think that when it comes to rape and sexual assault. And we know sexual abuse and homosexuality are inextricably linked. Consent alone is not a blanket license to commit crime, indulge perverted delusions or inflict self harm. The "why do you care" argument is a dishonest shaming tactic to make you look square and uncompassionate, posed as a question. It's basically another term for "you're not supposed to notice the obvious".

Claim: You say marriage is about raising children…what about straight couples who can’t have kids, or don’t want them?

Refutation: Once again leftists point to an exception to try and disprove the rule. In principle, straight couples are capable of creating life. In principle, a homosexual union cannot – therefore the homosexual union is unnatural. It lacks both logos and telos, thus rendering the act of marriage completely superfluous. Not wanting children is also a very modern phenomenon, no doubt exacerbated by the recent normalization of various disordered sexual appetites. Not wanting children makes you a sort of demi-queer. Homosexuality deliberately takes what is fertile (the sexual act) and makes it sterile. In the Christian view this is why it is sinful. As a secular argument, this is why it is different. Not being able to conceive as a result of health problems or age is not the same thing as deliberate, rebellious inversion.

Catholic Alan Keyes masterfully schooled a smug Obama on this precise point with beautiful logic. Absolute A+ mic drop: (around 39:30 – 44:30)

So much soy from Obama here, especially after Keyes mentions how children born to gay parents do not know their father (cut to Obama at 43:41, who sadly realizes he did not really know his absent father). He is so uncomfortable from hearing the truth.

Claim: You don’t know what it’s like to be oppressed. How would you feel if you couldn’t do something you really wanted?

Refutation: I am part of the most hated and persecuted group of people in history (Christians). We don’t just get to do whatever we want in a life with natural limitations and suffering. Simply desiring something isn’t justification in itself. We can want things that are wrong, unhealthy, illegal, etc. I can’t just play in the NFL because I identify as a pro football player. I can't break into your home because I want a glass of water. If you choose to be gay, you forfeit a normal lifestyle and a family of your own. You don’t get to mirror straight life and enjoy all the same responsibilities and privileges, just as I don’t get to earn millions per year for throwing a ball.

Marriage is a religious institution. The left could have easily had the secular equivalent in "civil union," but they wanted to stick their finger in the eyes of Christians, and hijack the existing marriage framework. That's all it really comes down to. I don't believe the vast majority of gays have any real interest in paperwork from the state with the M word on it, and certainly not the lifestyle, they just want to piss conservatives off.