The Mike Cernovich thread

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Cerović Is An A-list killer. Like Trump he thrives on conflict and Spartan battle; an area where the left fail miserably. The beauty of his game is that he forces the left into bad optics. We're in a situation when the left will typically rush to the defence of anyone who is under criticism from us. Occasionally their actions are so bad the optics of defending a Weinstein - not that they haven't rushed to the defence of all manner of other creeps - is too bad. But the more threatened they are the more likely they are to ignore how bad they will look and just side with their tribe.

This will push the less political and less idealogical either towards us ( Candece Owens ) or to the sidelines.

That Mike is one of the few people who has become an international name in the battle from his own systems and his not backing down and fuck you attitude drives these people nuts. They got used to knowing they could button mild mannered conservatives up by negatively characterising them.

In the chasm they've created of largely banning conservatives with outrage culture they've forced the creation of a new generation of, for lack of a better word, conservatives who are thrived by battling their outrage culture.

So while Mike is rooting around for weird peado types, who the left won't disavow, the big money boys at Shareblue are splicing together fake child abuse videos. Terrible optics.

The left pioneered the tactics of scraping around every dark corner, infiltrating organisations to bring down their enemies. They should have left it, as it's now being turned on them more effectively. The left's biggest scalp was conservacuck, Bill O'Reilly. The result of that is he was replaced by Tucker Carlson, who gets better ratings, especially online and in the youth demo which has dwindled dramatically elsewhere in the dying MSM. And that was all backed by billionaire donnors. The Trump wing is far more effective with a few shitposters working independently from home.

The left have never had arguements. They've only had outrage culture to make themselves look good and their opponents bad. But now with their rabid calls for censorship, siding with the biggest corporations in history against the little guy, being in bed with Goldman-Eu-Monsanto-MSM etc. On virtually every issue they're not looking so good. Mike and others are herding them into making themselves look bad. The worse they look and the less effective their outrage is against their opponents they will have no option but to use their outrage culture against themselves.

Pretty much whatever we say is bad, the left starts running towards to defend. Radical Islam, Iran, Kim Jong-Un, Sharia Law. And anything we may casually be associated they run from: two scoops and steaks with ketchup. If you were wondering why Fake News' Brian Stelter brought back the man boobs. . .

We need to weaponise their Achilles Heel by going after their ranks of peadophilles. They have no option but to defend them.

ChicagoFire

Kingfisher
Beautiful! Seriously just take one look at Vic Berger. Clown hair, unhealthy obsession with someone, and can get his ass kicked in a fight? Ridiculous.

gework said:
Cerović Is An A-list killer. Like Trump he thrives on conflict and Spartan battle; an area where the left fail miserably. The beauty of his game is that he forces the left into bad optics. We're in a situation when the left will typically rush to the defence of anyone who is under criticism from us. Occasionally their actions are so bad the optics of defending a Weinstein - not that they haven't rushed to the defence of all manner of other creeps - is too bad. But the more threatened they are the more likely they are to ignore how bad they will look and just side with their tribe.

This will push the less political and less idealogical either towards us ( Candece Owens ) or to the sidelines.

That Mike is one of the few people who has become an international name in the battle from his own systems and his not backing down and fuck you attitude drives these people nuts. They got used to knowing they could button mild mannered conservatives up by negatively characterising them.

In the chasm they've created of largely banning conservatives with outrage culture they've forced the creation of a new generation of, for lack of a better word, conservatives who are thrived by battling their outrage culture.

So while Mike is rooting around for weird peado types, who the left won't disavow, the big money boys at Shareblue are splicing together fake child abuse videos. Terrible optics.

The left pioneered the tactics of scraping around every dark corner, infiltrating organisations to bring down their enemies. They should have left it, as it's now being turned on them more effectively. The left's biggest scalp was conservacuck, Bill O'Reilly. The result of that is he was replaced by Tucker Carlson, who gets better ratings, especially online and in the youth demo which has dwindled dramatically elsewhere in the dying MSM. And that was all backed by billionaire donnors. The Trump wing is far more effective with a few shitposters working independently from home.

The left have never had arguements. They've only had outrage culture to make themselves look good and their opponents bad. But now with their rabid calls for censorship, siding with the biggest corporations in history against the little guy, being in bed with Goldman-Eu-Monsanto-MSM etc. On virtually every issue they're not looking so good. Mike and others are herding them into making themselves look bad. The worse they look and the less effective their outrage is against their opponents they will have no option but to use their outrage culture against themselves.

Pretty much whatever we say is bad, the left starts running towards to defend. Radical Islam, Iran, Kim Jong-Un, Sharia Law. And anything we may casually be associated they run from: two scoops and steaks with ketchup. If you were wondering why Fake News' Brian Stelter brought back the man boobs. . .

We need to weaponise their Achilles Heel by going after their ranks of peadophilles. They have no option but to defend them.

stefpdt

Woodpecker
I bought Cernovich's Mindset Master Class, which was admittedly the first video course I've ever purchased, but it was pretty fucking epic.

I'm not trying to shill anyone's products here on RVF. But I think the course is pretty cheap for the value that you get.

"If you're not on the verge of a breakdown, you're not on the verge of a breakthrough."

^^That was a golden nugget from the course that stuck with me. Helps you get through the tough times.

Castelnau

Kingfisher
I think Cernovich fills a important role and he does great work but he can be a ass sometimes.

I'm sure he has a lot of annoying people tweeting stuff at him but what's with the "I'm blocking you" power trip? Its not even liberal trolls sometimes its just people that ask him a question he deems stupid. He does it all the time on Periscope too. I've never seen a person on the dissident right act like this besides him.

He also stupidly posts pics and video of his toddler like he's Kelly Ripa or something and putting his kids life in danger.

doc holliday

Pelican
Gold Member
Cernovich could have been so much more based on his ability to self promote and put out some decent content with the mindset stuff but his thinned skin nature along with his inability to remain calm and degenerate into near hysteria when things are not progressing as fast as he would like is turning people off to him. I'm not sure how he can talk about mindset with the way he melts down on Twitter and his Periscopes. I'm noticing a lot of these Manosphere blogger types are very thin skinned and cannot handle any dissenting views which is extremely unhelpful when we are being subjected to censorship from the big tech companies. If some of these guys like Cernovich had the same power as Google and Amazon, I suspect that they would be acting in a very similar fashion. Human nature trumps ideology. Cernovich really needs to check his ego and get back to what he was doing a couple years ago which was some decent stuff. And yeah, he also needs to get the videos of his child off of Twitter, so very stupid, again all for the sake of his fragile ego.

godfather dust

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Mike Cernovich is a public figure but he holds no power (unlike media talking heads, Hollywood rapists and pedophiles, politicians) so any attacks are more personal. I hate to sound liberal ("prejudice plus power is racism" concept is utter garbage) but saying terrible things to Mike Cernovich is not "speaking truth to power," unlike talking shit to people who are actually making sociopathic power plays behind closed doors.

edit: also Cernovich's greatest crime against the left was the "Pizzagate hoax," which if you hadn't noticed was never actually debunked, Comet Pizza got lucky with an idiot "right wing (CIA op)" bringing a gun in the place.

DarkTriad

Ostrich
Gold Member
godfather dust said:
Mike Cernovich is a public figure but he holds no power (unlike media talking heads, Hollywood rapists and pedophiles, politicians) so any attacks are more personal. I hate to sound liberal ("prejudice plus power is racism" concept is utter garbage) but saying terrible things to Mike Cernovich is not "speaking truth to power," unlike talking shit to people who are actually making sociopathic power plays behind closed doors.

edit: also Cernovich's greatest crime against the left was the "Pizzagate hoax," which if you hadn't noticed was never actually debunked, Comet Pizza got lucky with an idiot "right wing (CIA op)" bringing a gun in the place.

Luck had nothing to do with that. He also happened to shoot right through the computer holding any possibly incriminating records. That was a lucky shot indeed.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
Castelnau said:
I think Cernovich fills a important role and he does great work but he can be a ass sometimes.

I'm sure he has a lot of annoying people tweeting stuff at him but what's with the "I'm blocking you" power trip? Its not even liberal trolls sometimes its just people that ask him a question he deems stupid. He does it all the time on Periscope too. I've never seen a person on the dissident right act like this besides him.

He also stupidly posts pics and video of his toddler like he's Kelly Ripa or something and putting his kids life in danger.

It isn't just the SJW masses he's blocking. I DMd him once - one fucking time - on Twitter suggesting an upcoming event that he might be interested in. It had to do with free speech in the modern era, and this was not long after the de-platforming of Richard Spenser. Some important voices in the tech and legal community were there. Maybe they would have him on a panel, maybe not. For someone allegedly into calling out the left, this would have been a great place to debate them on the merits, if they would have even consider the opportunity.

Who knows if the organizers would give him the time of day, but that's the kind of thing you do if you're a smart charismatic guy well versed in the law who is really interested in anything beyond eyeballs hitting your social media posts. Seemed to be right up his alley - or so I naively thought.

No response. I checked for a reply not long ago and only saw "You can no longer send Direct Messages to this person." WTF?? I know he's busy as shit, he doesn't owe me any special treatment just because we're on the same team or because I bought a book from him once. Nevertheless, I can't help noticing that ever since that Atlantic magazine article featuring him he comes across as a self absorbed narcissist more than someone thoughtful and effective.

First it was a law blog, then PUA-ish content, then self improvement, then a drift into political current events where I think he finally found his voice. One moment he's got the left on the run, the next he squanders the opportunity for follow through. It's looking like he's really only interested in himself. Notice too, he shows for events like the Night for Freedom in NYC where his ideological allies are on stage, but never in a forum where he might actually get challenged live by anyone other than a retard "resister" on the street in a Che t-shirt. He is capable of so much better.

His vocal tone is already difficult enough to listen to (not his fault - maybe needs better sound equipment) but combine that with the weird self-important attitude and his obsession with baseless Pizzagate conspiracies and I'm done - good luck.

And yeah, putting his toddler in the middle of all that is irresponsible.

Sooth

Pelican
Gold Member
Mike had a bigger impact on the culture when he was catering to a small number of men using his advice to better themselves rather than being the political barker that he is now.

He mentioned on Twitter today that he wants to take a break and fire up the old non political podcast again. He says this every now and then but always gets drawn back into the drama. Hopefully he does it this time.

I image there's a certain adrenaline and dopamine rush in doing what he's doing. It may be hard to get away from it.

Enoch

Ostrich
Sooth said:
Mike had a bigger impact on the culture when he was catering to a small number of men using his advice to better themselves rather than being the political barker that he is now.

He mentioned on Twitter today that he wants to take a break and fire up the old non political podcast again. He says this every now and then but always gets drawn back into the drama. Hopefully he does it this time.

I image there's a certain adrenaline and dopamine rush in doing what he's doing. It may be hard to get away from it.

Dude had a big segment on 60 minutes. Fame gets to everyone.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Without a Trump like figure to promote / post about.
With the upcoming November elections, perhaps all these 'low-energy' establishment Republicans or not so savvy Republicans are sapping Cernovich's mood.

He even leans to the idea of a 'blue wave' despite his colleague Voxday outright rejecting that idea.

ChicagoFire

Kingfisher
^^
I've always wondered what's up with that CC. Vox and Cernovich are very smart but only one of them will be right. I personally think Mike is doing the right thing by getting out of politics because frankly speaking can the new right overpower the establishment and traitorous cuckservatives? I don't think so. I do have an idea that can help the right out but I am contemplating on waiting until the midterms finish up. A big factor in my decision is why bother sticking my neck out helping conservatives if they would rather lose with dignity? If there really is a blue wave my focus should just be on myself. The right isn't exactly the place to be at that point. Don't get me wrong and I'm not trying to come across as a defeatist but if the macro trends aren't looking good which Cernovich claims is the case then just cast your vote and if that blue wave comes worry about yourself.

Mike Cernovich is okay in some regards but he is sensitive and blocks a lot of people on twitter that he thinks offends him.. i.e. myself. After reading up on him and his actions on this forum I have mixed feelings about him and his intentions, he's an inconsistent person.

jeffreyjerpp

Kingfisher
I have gotten tremendous value from Cernovich's writing/tweeting/podcasting, and paid almost nothing for it. Just speaking objectively, I have benefited greatly from him, and he is overall a force for good.

However some of the stuff he does now is just infuriating and hypocritical.

What is most annoying is the pretense. It's always some sort of benevolent sounding, ambiguous bullshit. The guise of "leveling up" or something like that.

I get the Machiavellian angle in play. He needs to wield influence in the most effective way possible, to do the most good possible, which naturally requires doing some bad things. And he's never claimed to be an Angel, so is it really right to judge?

In most cases, no. But in his particular case, I would actually say it is.

For example, look at the way he wrote about women on this forum, as well as on Danger and Play. He was pretty brutal with them, and talked about doing things sexually that were coercive. I have zero issue with any of it, and mostly agree with the opinions and advice he posted, however blunt they were about the realities of women and female psychology. Most of his audience did too, and we were all a pivotal stepping stone to anything he did later.

Yes, he provided value for us, but we also collectively provided the attention he needed for his websites and first twitter, both of which he deleted, to create his new politically correct website and Twitter, where re-tweets attention seeking thots and promotes the (((national security interests))) of non US countries, as well as generic mindset gibberish.

The final straw for me was when he said Christine Blasey Ford was "credible". CERNOVICH WAS ARRRESTED ON A FALSE RAPE CHARGE AND HE CALLED THIS CRAZY LYING BITCH "CREDIBLE". I just can't get over that- young men have their lives ruined by the #MeToo monster, but Cerno has "changed" and "leveled up" so he promotes positions exactly antithetical to the interests of his initial audience and even himself. That is Bullshit with a capital B.

He may be a force for good, but he made himself a public figure, and can't complain when his shortcomings get the level of scrutiny they deserve.

Cerno: "My Gorilla Mindset course will teach YOU the secrets of proper money management!"
Reader: "Didn't you get millions of dollars from divorcing your ex-wife, after you documented all of your advanced tactics for cheating on her on the RooshV forum?"
Cerno: "Man the haters are out in force today, but I have leveled up, and will simply block people who asks questions. Also, Palestinian terrorists are just the WORST, amirite?!"

If I didn't know better, I might think (((certain groups))) saw how effective Cerno was in 2016 during the election, and decided to bring him on payroll, or perhaps blackmail him (anyone remember the tranny story from D&P?). Certain conspiracy theories are now off limits for him, and most of the thots he re-tweets are also on the right team, so to speak. This is also consistent with him just being a more mainstream guy, and not a paid shill, but still interesting to ponder.