The Mike Cernovich thread

R.G.Camara

Kingfisher
Like I said, he's playing the role of "Trump lost" while pacing and leading people to the conclusion that "Oh man, Trump really won!"

I think Cerno will make the switch before Thanksgiving, right after Rudy puts forth some big blistering info in court and Trump highlights it at his rallies. By then a lot of the his neutral followers will be primed.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
For all the newer posters here: a few years back, Roosh played a practical joke where he pretended to have been jailed in Europe, complete with a picture of him taken in a jail cell (the cell was actually in a museum). A lot of posters here thought it was real, including Mike who immediately volunteered to get Roosh out of prison before he realized it was a joke.

rotekz

Ostrich
Gold Member
Which “our cause“ is that? If it isn’t the “cause“ of Christ, count me out.
The cause of men's rights in an age of anti-male bigotry.
The dissident right cause in the face of the globo-homo onslaught.
He also used to be a forum member here way back.
He does get a lot of things right. It is a shame about the nonsense he too often comes out with.
It's like he's gaslighting. I had to unfollow him. It just got a bit tedious.

Blade Runner

Pelican
In the world, there is a lot of chaos/noise, Easy_C

We here all jump to many conclusions. What would be so special about this guy that he would be a "gatekeeper". Seems to be giving him too much credit. Why can't he just be an internet persona that makes money and lives it up in southern California?

nathan

Robin
I'm surprised to see so much hatred of Cerno here. I still consider him a friend and a great guy. A lot of people say things before they come to know Christ. He said the biggest thing he's changed his mind on was God and I believe he's seeking truth and on a similar path to finding Him same as Roosh was. Pray for him.
This. I just don't understand the hate. Seems sort of common where our side will have a guy who fights effectively for us but people fixate on a couple self-serving aspects and use those to disqualify the guy completely.

This. I just don't understand the hate. Seems sort of common where our side will have a guy who fights effectively for us but people fixate on a couple self-serving aspects and use those to disqualify the guy completely.

We shouldn't set silly bars for our internet celebrities to vault. Cerno is just a guy after all. We all say stupid things now and again or get our own thoughts mixed up.

However, he comes off as a salesman peddling junk. Vox vouched for him so I'm willing to assume there's more to him than that. I don't have any interest in really finding out though, after what I've seen.

Could be he's not my thing so I try to leave him be out of respect.

rainy

Kingfisher
I'm not a fan of assigning motives to someone like Mike who has generally been on our side, on the side of good.

We all have our own path. As long as we have good intentions and look to improve ourselves and those around us, who am I to judge.

I believe Mike generally has good intentions even if I also believe the fame and ego has gotten to him at times.

Easy_C

Peacock
In the world, there is a lot of chaos/noise, Easy_C

We here all jump to many conclusions. What would be so special about this guy that he would be a "gatekeeper". Seems to be giving him too much credit. Why can't he just be an internet persona that makes money and lives it up in southern California?
Nothing necessarily, but for others it also means they haven’t dug into things enough to understand where these drugs actually come from

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
It seems that most people have to answer "yes, I believe in God" before they follow Christ. Combine that with the fact that he has a sour taste for Christianity, and his position makes sense.
Mike wrote an article recently where he talks about some spiritual issues:

I am more confident God exists than I am that you exist. I grew up in a hyper-religious home, but never felt God. I read the books and said the prayers. There was never a personal connection between God and me.

I became an atheist and then wandered into a milk toast (you really want to correct this “typo,” don’t you?) agnosticism.

I am not just confident that God and the Spirt World exists. I am more confident that God is real than I am that you are real.

Find God, Find Yourself, and May we all find Love.

There's also some stuff about drinking ayahuasca and other New Agey concepts that I didn't quote above.