The Mike Cernovich thread

SeaFM

Pelican
I follow him on Twitter, and have for a while.

My take is this. He always acts as though he was ahead of the curve, regardless of the outcome. If anyone calls him out, he blocks them.

Posobiec behaves exactly the same way. The whole schtick is “I told you so” after the fact.

Poso was honking his own horn one day about how he predicted something, and I replied “yeah good call, just like when you called Don Jr’s indictments.”

Blocked.

I don’t hate on them, I just recognize what it is that they’re doing.

I used to read Cerno's old posts here on RVF way back when. I really liked reading them and felt like I was getting insight from an older, wiser, more accomplished brother. I also bought his Mindset book and found it to be pretty useful little operating system for self improvement, albeit more than likely it was just another repackaged self-help book being re-marketed a la Tony Robbins et al. I especially thought he performed exceptionally well on 60 mins. Like others have stated, where he really goes off the rails for me is the fact that he would simply go around banning anyone and everyone who ever so slightly disagreed with him. I get that his attitude is not to have anyone waste his time, but vigorous debate is a necessity to find the truth and the schtick that he can never be wrong and never be questioned is stale, moldy bread at this juncture. I think he has for too long gotten high on his own supply of Gorilla mind and taken his schtick to another level where he can simply never be wrong about anything. I do not like his constant black pilling and flip flopping. He lost credibility with me when he called the election far too early reassuring everyone of how right he is about everything there ever was or ever could be. We all know the election is typically a roughly 50/50 outcome so you get no credit from me when you just happen to guess correctly (old magicians trick-and he did not predict he Dominion software influence). In any case, if he is going prognosticate a black pill outcome, he ought to try to provide a solution to the issue rather than just another I told you so and you are a moron if you disagree.

Also, back in the day I think he revealed his clay feet when he went outside societal norms discussing the sexual stuff when it appeared to be fashionable for men to brag and publicly discuss that sort of thing.

I will say that he does occasionally provide some intriguing insights and few can tweet as effectively as he can. Just don't waste a minute your time on one of his stream of consciousness videos on periscope. You'll be happier using your valuable time for something else.

Last edited:

SeaFM

Pelican
That’s just it. His “I’m too far ahead of you to debate you” is hollow.

I’ve never been able to find his 60 Minute interview, but I did see him on Red Eye and I don’t think he came across as particularly confident in what he was saying.

Kind of reminded me of Tucker Max. Smooth shit talker extraordinaire in print and online, but when he tried to transition to TV, it was an unmitigated disaster. He didn’t show any of the swag or confidence he claimed he had.

Just an observation.

RonaldB

Pigeon
I don't know who said this but I like the quote:

"I was not wrong in following Cernovich during the 2016 campaign, and I was not wrong in unfollowing Cernovich after the 2016 campaign ended"

I admit that he and Milo influenced my decision to get on the Trump train and I don't him for that, but once you're committed to truth, it's very hard to keep following people like Cerno who's not very different from a gnostic or new age practictioner.
I remember when a documentary exposing Osho came out on Netflix, he defended him saying that "Osho was and alpha male." Nonsense like that made me stopped following him and his website.

Spearhead

Sparrow
I follow him on Twitter, and have for a while.

My take is this. He always acts as though he was ahead of the curve, regardless of the outcome. If anyone calls him out, he blocks them.

Posobiec behaves exactly the same way. The whole schtick is “I told you so” after the fact.

Poso was honking his own horn one day about how he predicted something, and I replied “yeah good call, just like when you called Don Jr’s indictments.”

Blocked.

I don’t hate on them, I just recognize what it is that they’re doing.

He is ahead of the curve, his peeps run things. He jumped off the Trump train right away(one day after the election), he knew it was over. The rest of us were hoping Trump was going to fight and expose the fraud. He's not a genius but he has his swamp connections.

He also moved away from the "right" same day he moved away from Trump, before the crackdowns were to even happen. I doubt it he "predicted" any of this, his friends gave him hints of what is to come.

Last edited:

SeaFM

Pelican
He has jumped on and off the Trump train several times. Sometimes within minutes or hours.

He constantly hedges so he can always say he called it (whatever it may be) right.

It’s bluster. Then like mentioned, if anyone calls him out on anything or points to a hole in his logic he either blocks them or dismisses them as below his level. He’s like Kanye minus charisma and talent.

Cernovich has always been on that "48 Rules"/Machiavellian mindset, he's not a Christian and lacks a serious level of moral grounding. That's how people like this think.
And his Twitter is full of him taking both sides of issues to see what gets him the most likes and money, as if everyone can't see him doing it. So it seems like he’s trying to be Machiavellian but forgetting how that works to begin with.

Last edited:
A short observation of people like Cernovich explains why the alt-right never moved beyond shitposting/fedposting on the Internet

I mean, who in his right mind would voluntarily reveal his identity, throw his career out of the window and endanger his family for a political movement that constantly throws its own people under the bus, gets harrassed and threatened by leftists and is labeled as public enemy number one by the State?

Well, those will be people that have nothing to lose, have no particular qualities or are just, let's be honest here, not very smart.*

People like Cerno.

And the funny part is that this man has started to believe the lie he built around himself. I mean, just look at his profile picture. Are there even 10 persons on this planet that would change their minds if Cerno would tell them to? I genuinely believe that the top 25 percent posters on RVF would easily blow him away when it comes to oratory skills, intelligence and leadership skills

It's a total clown show at this point.

Disclaimer: this does not apply to everyone. Corbett from the Corbett Report is a great and very smart guy, and so are Nick Fuentes and Steve Bannon. But overall the moral quality and intellectual capacity of these self proclaimed 'ideologues' is just a frigging joke.

The snobbery about the "low tier element of society" is a bit rich coming from Cernovich.

Especially when at one point, he would continually post $100k bets and challenging random Twitter soyboys to take him on in a boxing match.

I must admit the first time it was pretty funny, and it did demonstrate how those Twitter soys have the integrity of wet cardboard. But it started to become regular for him, and it lost its effectiveness.