The Mike Cernovich thread

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
I hope he reconsiders promoting hard drugs. They can open demonic pathways and cause serious problems for people who try it. Seeking spiritual experience through chemicals should be avoided in general. While I did have a psychedelic experience that wasn't negative, it could easily have gone wrong. I will not try it again and urge others not to as well.

Guriko

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Gold Member
I hope he reconsiders promoting hard drugs. They can open demonic pathways and cause serious problems for people who try it. Seeking spiritual experience through chemicals should be avoided in general. While I did have a psychedelic experience that wasn't negative, it could easily have gone wrong. I will not try it again and urge others not to as well.

Learned a lot from him when I discovered him through this forum.

Read all of his books, watched his documentaries, listened to his podcasts, read his recommendations and I can't say that it did not make me a better man.

Seems like he came from a tough childhood, experienced trauma and this is his way of dealing with it.

When you listen to his newer podcasts it seems like he's trying really hard to find a connection with God but so far it has not clicked yet, which is why he substitutes him for phrases such as the Universe, Love etc.. He self said that prayers did not work for him, which is why I believe he uses ayahuasca as a substitute.

I don't know enough, so I won't judge, but I pray, because I genuinely believe him to be a good man who is still searching for Gods grace.

I thought about going to a session but now I'm backing away - I think my spiritual development is far behind to even be thinking about it, if ever. Just bought the book you reviewed not long ago about how to live a holy life. Seems a better fit for me.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Back in the game days he was an avowed atheist. There's a book called "Anti-Social" by this MSM journalist named Andrew Marantz who wanted to do a book into both alt-right and alt-lite figures and how they've managed to acquire such a big online presence before big tech really clamping down on these figures. The author followed Cernovich around for a bit and got to spend a good chunk of time speaking to him to get his story. Cernovich grew up in a small mid-west town and was raised as an evangelical by his devout mother. He rebelled against his religious upbringing and became a stringent atheist. In university he started getting big into Nietzsche. In the last 5-6 years he became much more "spiritual" and got into New Agey beliefs. This was even prior to the drug experience.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
Back in the game days he was an avowed atheist. There's a book called "Anti-Social" by this MSM journalist named Andrew Marantz who wanted to do a book into both alt-right and alt-lite figures and how they've managed to acquire such a big online presence before big tech really clamping down on these figures. The author followed Cernovich around for a bit and got to spend a good chunk of time speaking to him to get his story. Cernovich grew up in a small mid-west town and was raised as an evangelical by his devout mother. He rebelled against his religious upbringing and became a stringent atheist. In university he started getting big into Nietzsche. In the last 5-6 years he became much more "spiritual" and got into New Agey beliefs. This was even prior to the drug experience.
I thought he was Jewish.

Dali25

Chicken
Orthodox
He's not Jewish - he's of Croatian ancestry as his surname indicates. A few years back he was trolling people by saying he was Jewish and a lot of the online kek people thought he was serious and started bringing it up as a line of attack against him.

That surname is not Croatian, I should know as my parents are born there

M3B

Ostrich
Gold Member
Cernovich is whatever he thinks will bring the most eyeballs - lawyer, veteran (barely), fitness guru (briefly), PUA, right-ish political pundit, and lately, wannabe film maker. The only consistent thread I've noticed is narcissism. I sincerely hope he figures it all out.
Gotta agree with this. From interactions with him back in 2013/14 it was very clear he was extremely insecure and I was quite amazed seeing him rise into public attention and the political work he was doing.

His posts on here for a time were very entertaining and interesting, but as I grew older I realised that those that big themselves up the most are always the most insecure and probably lying. Mike loved to boast about himself and dish out advice. Started sounding a lot more like pseudo bro advice after a while.

Good for him that he made money for himself, but clearly a Jack of trades and master of none. I hope he finds an identity and one thing to stand for as he's a smart guy.