The Miley Cyrus trainwreck

Crow
Gold Member
thegmanifesto said:
Yeah, that is my only issue; is that fact that she is not very good.

I don't think many guys would complain about this girls performance in their bedroom:
I would have 0 qualms about that girl dancing or just standing there...it would be nice to drop something on purpose.

Daaaaaaaaaamn.

10/10 WB.
disgusted-mother-of-god.png

Days of Broken Arrows

Crow
Gold Member
thegmanifesto said:
Hasn't some girl been doing this same act every single year since Madonna in the 80's.

This some some contrived, re-hashed sh*t to get people talking the next day on the media/internet.

I guess it still works.

"Hasn't some girl been doing this same act every single year since Madonna in the 80's."

Funny you should ask that. According to this article the answer is "yes" -- and that's the point of the VMAs.
http://www.today.com/entertainment/miley-madonna-vmas-are-place-cross-line-8C10995702

Samseau

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member
For centuries, we were brainwashed into thinking that sex was dirty or un-holy. That sex should be saved for marriage.

Yep, and those cultures were the ones who were winners and dominated

Veloce

Crow
Gold Member
60s:

70s:

80s:

How far we've fallen...

Gio we've always sexualized female performers, you're correct. But as Scorpion points out, there's always been an element of class, talent, and integrity behind it. There's been a steady decline in the culture of mainstream American music since the 60s when the sexual revolution occurred. It kept getting edgier and edgier every decade...really catching on in the 80s with Joan Jett and Madonna. Alanis Morisette and Fiona Apple in the 90s, and then Britney hitting the scene...

The reassuring part of the Miley Cyrus incident is the seeming unanimously horrified reaction to it.

2Wycked

Ostrich
Gold Member
Miley's life has been one of complete and utterly repressive boundaries. She has been marketed, promoted and molded since she was a child. She never had a true childhood and she is acting out what she never could as a child.

This isn't about feminism at all, it is about a girlhood never lived. She is acting out in a childish way in order to garner attention, in whatever form it comes. Yes, loosened sexual mores has allowed her to act in this fashion, but feminism has just altered the medium by which expresses herself.

She could also have been sexually abused as a kid.

Typical MTV shock value, wanting nothing more than to piss off middle-America. No different than the Britney/Madonna kiss.

This current look of hers is just a fad, pandering to the LGBT.

Tex Pro

Ostrich
Gold Member
I love these female celeb meltdowns.

Countdown til they find Miley in a hotel room passed out having ODed on crack and pain pills.

Eric The Awful

Woodpecker
Gold Member
It's amazing how many of these girls come out of Disney. Brittany Spears and Christina Aguilera were Mousketeers. Miley was another wholesome Disney girl. Then they hit adulthood and go freaking nuts.

thegmanifesto

Peacock
Gold Member
emuelle1 said:
It's amazing how many of these girls come out of Disney. Brittany Spears and Christina Aguilera were Mousketeers. Miley was another wholesome Disney girl. Then they hit adulthood and go freaking nuts.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but this is just good biz, plain and simple.

Disney girls sell sh*t to little girls.

When their fans grow up, they pull this re-hashed sexuality act to sell more sh*t to them, things like acne removers.

Then when their fan base is getting married, they sell diet pills and "mom sh*t".

This is all about the money.

Samseau

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member
emuelle1 said:

Disney is slut training school

Sombro said:

God her movement is completely unnatural. I was embarrassed for her when i saw the video.

Rap culture is not very far away from jumping the shark. Like we look back on the eighty's people will start looking back at this stuff and cringe.

el duderino

Pigeon
She was hot and legal there for a while then the wheels started falling off. Next.

At least when Emma Watson chopped her hair she grew it back and still looked good.

DirectDanger said:

Who is this guy? a rapper? Ive seen a few of his videos and he seems like a dude who loves the sound of his own voice. Not many good points but talks in an animated way that gets people thinking he is profound.

Why does she want to be like that? She is rebelling against her Disney white breadness, grass is always greener. He is talking about them having made it, but when you get to that level there is different motivation to people then more money. Their image and attention they are getting etc, he is talking about a predicament we normal folks know nothing about.

Glad I missed this crap. I knew something was up when my wife checked FB and wanted to flip on the awards. The shitshow was over, but I had left the room to read a book.

I feel bad for the foam finger....better burn that diseased thing.