The Motorcycle Thread

LostChapter

Kingfisher
Gold Member
TheFinalEpic said:
Can anyone comment on what the best bike to start on would be?

I had one of these for 6months when I first started and had a blast with it.

Not anywhere near as quick as other bikes but plenty fast for me in the beginning and I love the styling. (next to nothing on fuel being a 125)
2017-Yamaha-YZF-R125-EU-Tech-Black-Studio-001.jpg

DirectDanger

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Cr33pin said:
Picked up another one of these today. I had this same year and paint scheme gixxer about 5 or 6 years ago. It was my favorite bike. It's beautiful :love:

Congrats on the bike man. GSXR's might be the most reliable sports bike made. I know lots of guys at the track race them since you can crash them and they just keep going.

Looks good too.

Tex Cruise

Pelican
I had it's little brother, the 650 single (NX650 '92 model). Pretty agricultural I suppose compared to other bikes, but rock solid and a great versatile bike. Never let me down and plenty of grunt for what I wanted (an all purpose commuter/tourer).

Ski pro said:
Hi all

I'm off to see an Africa twin 1992 this evening. It's done 61k Kms and looks like it's been reasonably well looked after.

It's this spec;
http://www.hondaafricatwin.com/africa-twin-xrv-750-rd04-1990-1992/

Anyone have any experience of these? It's not going to be for a daily commuter or anything, just occasional fun and an eventual restoration.

Thought I would update. Went to see it and turns out the bloke had been restoring it over the last 6 years or so and its mint. He had put a few nice mods on it as well that makes it look great.

I shook hands on it and picked it up the next day. First few days back riding after 20 years were a bit wobbly but I'm loving it now. It's pretty fast for a 1992 bike and handles well, heat riding position and I love the looks people give when it's parked up or I'm cruising through villages.

Already ordered a couple of mods, completely unneccessary crash bars for a more enduro look and an arrow can for more noise.

The sense of freedom of being on a bike is amazing, I'm finding excuses to go anywhere on it. I'm annoyed I left it so long.

Going to buy a Trimph Bonneville T120 this summer and will ride it from St. Louis, Mo to the North West Coast, down through California and back in 2019.

When I do this, I am going to create a thread on it.

Any forum members with bikes in the western half of the US? Would definitely like to meet up when I do it.

Managed to throw mine down the road yesterday.

Went up to ride some dirt trails before the snow comes tomorrow, everything was dry and dusty, perfect, but took a regular road down into a ski village that hadn't been in the sun and all of a sudden I feel a few wiggles, I realise I'm on sheet ice, try to slow down a bit then everything goes light and I'm watching my bike slide down the road.

Luckily it slid along on the crash bars and I just picked it up and carried on.

Sort of a thread bump.

It’s nearly April and the roads are starting to dry off where I live, although still 5ft of snow at the sides of the roads. Considering getting the bike out of the garage tomorrow.

When do you all get going?

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Ski pro said:
Sort of a thread bump.

It’s nearly April and the roads are starting to dry off where I live, although still 5ft of snow at the sides of the roads. Considering getting the bike out of the garage tomorrow.

When do you all get going?

When the snowline moves up a bit. Currently pinned at 700m, so it wont be for a while. The 4x4's are starting to chew through some of it now which helps the melt.

Went out for a ride last night.

So good to be out and about on the bike, I’d forgotten how fun it is. I’d also forgotten that thing where you smell everything.