The Motorcycle Thread

I've had a couple of these Honda Hornets over the years. Had a 599 and a 919. I like the round headlight look cus I'm getting old (43). Anyway, these are cheap fun and they look good if you like naked bikes. Later models changed up the headlight...

Attachments

• 59934lt2.jpg
    59934lt2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 385
I have a 1975 Honda CB750 Supersport that I've been meaning to either get up and running myself or just pay someone to have it looked over. It looks to be in good condition, but I've never worked on anything mechanical, so I won't know if there's any major issues until I get started. It was stored well in a garage, the gasoline was drained from the tank, and the engine turns over with no problems (using the Kickstarter). But I've had it now for 8 years and haven't gotten to it.

And it would be the perfect mode of transportation for getting around the city and to and from work and school. I need to stop procrastinating and get it up and running.

Edit: I did buy a Chilton's manual a few months ago, planning to start working on it at the beginning of the summer, but the post office lost it. :(

Alpone

Woodpecker
I've been thinking about picking up a British Norton Commando as my first bike. They look cool as hell. If I can find one under $7k I'm all in.

Norton-Commando-850-Right-Side.jpg

Sandstorm

Kingfisher
Alpone said:
I've been thinking about picking up a British Norton Commando as my first bike. They look cool as hell. If I can find one under $7k I'm all in.

Norton-Commando-850-Right-Side.jpg

Not sure they will be very reliable dude.. might find yourself in the garage more than on the road! This is just what I heard when I was toying with the very same idea years ago.......

I think a good first bike is Honda or a Yamaha because they are very reliable and don't break easily and if they do, there are cheap spare parts all over the world. They may not be as a cool as a Norton but you don't want to put yourself off before you've even really begun!

Save the Norton purchase for later down the line I'd say.

Also, insurance might be an issue, might be a lot more for the Norton as it is "exotic".

Malone

Pelican
Gold Member
They're gorgeous bikes and I'd love one myself, but yeah they're going to be princesses. You'll want another bike as well, and maybe a van and/or trailer to pick it up when it dies at the side of the road.

This movie is a love-letter to Canada and that bike in particular. Highly recommended watch.

I've done this guy's route across Canada a couple of times on a bike, and it's pretty great. There's a shit part in the middle there, mostly in Winnipeg, but everything else is great. Up in northern Ontario and in BC particularly.

Cortés

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Reviving the thread

I dropped my bike and broke the front indicator turn signal light. Anyone have any idea if I could just stick on any 12V indicator light that i buy from the store? I've read that it's not a part that's really bike specific but my friend told me they are specific to the make (Suzuki in this case)

Reviving the thread

I dropped my bike and broke the front indicator turn signal light. Anyone have any idea if I could just stick on any 12V indicator light that i buy from the store? I've read that it's not a part that's really bike specific but my friend told me they are specific to the make (Suzuki in this case)
That's a part with a very basic function, just 2 wires and a bulb. Everything else is just cosmetic plastic specific to the bike. So if you're not that worried about looks, any jobber part will do.

Augustus_Principe

Woodpecker
Reviving the thread

Yes. I have this aftermarket part on my bike. Most you will have to do is drill two holes to have it sit flush.

just look up “flush motorcycle mount” on eBay and you’ll get even more options to choose from.