The Movie Thread

Just saw OATIH. Don't know what to think of it. On one hand, I enjoyed the atmosphere. However it would have been better if the plot had more substance than little vignettes here and there leading up to a revenge fantasy in the end. I bet you won't have Holowood tiny hats talking about white male power fantasies when it's specials (and the wife of one very special pedo that ran away to France to escape prosecution) that the blonde, blue eyed hero is saving.

As far as the real story of mad cultists killing Hollywood specials, it's like rats killing raccoons or ants killing roaches. Sucks but I just don't care either way. Good thing Steve McQueen decided to do peyote with hookers in the desert rather than go to the doomed party, though.

If anything the real point of the movie is that if you're an emaciated little soy, you can have your 2 girlfriends with you and still get stomped by one man with physical strength + martial arts training + the will to combine the two. Having a well trained dog doesn't hurt either. After seeing the movie my girl started future projecting about a house with that kind of dog. I told her a dog + a rifle would be best, since the dog will throw itself into a fight it might not be able to finish and you have to be able to back it up like a good master would.

ilostabet

Kingfisher
A few weeks ago I remembered a movie I'd watched when I was a kid called 1492 Conquest of Paradise, by Ridley Scott. All I remembered from the movie was that it had great music and it was epic. My recollections were that the movie was great. So I decided to watch it again, as my wife hadn't seen it.

Well, we watched half and stopped. First, after you've seen Mel Gibson movies, other epic movies (especially if they include non-English peoples) are just boring and lazy nonsense. But not only is it boring, the amount of anti-Church and anti-Christian messaging was astounding - and perhaps worst, it was really basic bitch nonsense like 'Catholics are anti-science hurr durr'.

I was just left thinking how much this stuff has seeped into our minds over the years, with so many hours of tv and movie watching. And all of it is just lies on top of lies. And when I was a kid I bought it all, as did most kids left unattended in front of the tube. Don't do this to your kids.

BoiBoi

Kingfisher
I watched 1917 the other day and it was indeed a fantastic movie. Outstanding camera and editing work. The story is nothing special but the execution is superb. Go and watch it.

Salinger

Woodpecker

I saw All Is Lost on cable the other week and thought it was great.

If you are the type of person who can enjoy a movie like Castaway, then you'll probably really enjoy this one. There is very little dialogue. It's just a man on a boat out in the ocean trying to survive a disaster.

Redford is as charismatic as ever and gives a great performance. This little film came and went at the box office because your typical idiot cannot appreciate a movie such as this one. Just look at the Rotten Tomatoes page for evidence. Film critics applauded the acting and direction while Joe Schmoe was probably bored because there weren't any special effects. For those of you who can appreciate real art at the theater, go rent this one. You won't be disappointed.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/all_is_lost_2013

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Salinger said:

I saw All Is Lost on cable the other week and thought it was great.

If you are the type of person who can enjoy a movie like Castaway, then you'll probably really enjoy this one. There is very little dialogue. It's just a man on a boat out in the ocean trying to survive a disaster.

Redford is as charismatic as ever and gives a great performance. This little film came and went at the box office because your typical idiot cannot appreciate a movie such as this one. Just look at the Rotten Tomatoes page for evidence. Film critics applauded the acting and direction while Joe Schmoe was probably bored because there weren't any special effects. For those of you who can appreciate real art at the theater, go rent this one. You won't be disappointed.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/all_is_lost_2013
Good movie.

In a way it is an update on Jeremiah Johnson, a man against the elements with very little dialogue, only he has stripped away the sensational cowboys vs. Indians Hollywood aspects of the story, and focused on a man closer to himself who is much older as well, relying totally on his own wits and stamina to survive a random, sudden, life and death predicament.

There is almost no speaking in the entire film, and yet it is completely absorbing.

Rush87

Ostrich
WalterBlack said:
Rush87 said:
^Trailer looks decent. Didn't spot any re-writing history diversity. Cautiously optimistic. I'll watch.
I just saw it and I thought it was great. You might spot the odd black or Indian soldier in there, like 1 in 1000 men, but it's not noticeable. There were definitely some blacks and Indians in France in WW1.
Watched it. Brilliant film and now one of my favorite all time war movies. Deserves the Oscar.

Enigma

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Roy Batty said:
I think he is greatly underrated by the manosphere/red pill community.
From 1997 to 2007, he directed four movies:

- Jackie Brown: Middle-aged female flight attendant outwits the ATF, LAPD, and a drug kingpin for $500,000, then rides off into the sunset to live it up in Spain

- Kill Bill 1 & 2: Female assassin goes on a two movie killing spree to get revenge against her evil fiancé who tries to kill her and their unborn for no reason

- Death Proof: A bunch of ditzy college girls outdrive hard ass Kurt Russell, then pull him out of his car and beat the shit out of him

Even as a blue-pilled teenager his feminism was too much for me to handle.

To add, Kill Bill is hailed as this great "homage" to samurai movies of the past, yet it takes a genre that is defined by rugged, stoic men facing moral dilemmas while trying not to get killed and turns it into a bunch of whores in cat suits shrieking at each other.

Compare that to another Western samurai movie that happened to come out the same year, The Last Samurai, which beautifully portrays both traditional masculinity AND femininity.

This scene:

Versus this scene:

ilostabet

Kingfisher
After the experience with that piece of garbage I described above, I think I'm going to stick with rewatching Mel Gibson's and Studio Ghibli's films whenever I want to watch something and be done with it.

renotime said:
nomadbrah said:
Roy Batty said:
nomadbrah said:
When did Tarantino sell out to the jews and the globohomo?
He didn't.
Name one globohomo character from his movies.
His sadistic jew masturbation killing NAZEEHS in Inglorious Basterds.

His disgusting anti-white violence fantasy in Django Unchained.
But I guess his Mandingo fight scene and the heavy use of the word nigger didn't bother you at all, right? :laugh:
If you think the word nigger was aimed at blacks to be derogatory, you're very naive. He is brandishing it against innocents whites as a jewish curse.

Oberrheiner

Kingfisher
ilostabet said:
After the experience with that piece of garbage I described above, I think I'm going to stick with rewatching Mel Gibson's and Studio Ghibli's films whenever I want to watch something and be done with it.
I think I have all of them, like twenty .. four ? of them IIRC.

What's your opinion on mononoke ?

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
nomadbrah said:
renotime said:
nomadbrah said:
Roy Batty said:
nomadbrah said:
When did Tarantino sell out to the jews and the globohomo?
He didn't.
Name one globohomo character from his movies.
His sadistic jew masturbation killing NAZEEHS in Inglorious Basterds.

His disgusting anti-white violence fantasy in Django Unchained.
But I guess his Mandingo fight scene and the heavy use of the word nigger didn't bother you at all, right? :laugh:
If you think the word nigger was aimed at blacks to be derogatory, you're very naive. He is brandishing it against innocents whites as a jewish curse.
So why would you think the violence upon whites is derogatory, but not the mandingo fights? Seems pretty incongruent to me, bro.

For the record I don't find Tarantino's movies offensive in the least, and I think it's funny when guys like Spike Lee get all pissed over Tarantino using the word nigger in a movie about slaves.

But, I must admit I find it odd that Tarantino never used any anti-semitic slurs against the Jews in Basterds. Maybe he's aware that a certain crowd runs Hollywood.

As far as QT being globohomo, I think you're reaching for straws.

Athanasius

Kingfisher
Harold Lloyd was a comedy genius and a great athlete. Safety Last is probably his most iconic stunt, but what starts here about 20 minutes in is crazy. I don't know how the guy survived this stuff.

Salinger

Woodpecker
Athanasius said:
Harold Lloyd was a comedy genius and a great athlete. Safety Last is probably his most iconic stunt, but what starts here about 20 minutes in is crazy. I don't know how the guy survived this stuff.

Wow...those shots look totally real. But they can't be, can they...?

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
Watched what might be Scorsese's most underrated and unknown movie last night, it's called After Hours. It was made in the 80s and of course it was shot in New York. Clocking in at an hour and 40 minutes it might be the shortest movie Scorsese has ever made.

Basically this dude meets a girl in a diner and meets up with her later downtown. On the way there he loses all his money, so he has no way to get home. Over the course of the night he meets all these odd characters and gets into all kinds of trouble on his attempt to make it back uptown.

Don't watch the trailer, it gives the whole movie away.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
renotime said:
Watched what might be Scorsese's most underrated and unknown movie last night, it's called After Hours. It was made in the 80s and of course it was shot in New York. Clocking in at an hour and 40 minutes it might be the shortest movie Scorsese has ever made.

Basically this dude meets a girl in a diner and meets up with her later downtown. On the way there he loses all his money, so he has no way to get home. Over the course of the night he meets all these odd characters and gets into all kinds of trouble on his attempt to make it back uptown.

Discipline.

Surrender Dorothy.

Don't you reason with me.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
debeguiled said:
renotime said:

Discipline.

Surrender Dorothy.

How about some context?

renotime said:

This is always a great movie to watch again when you have an itch that only a solid dose of 80's can scratch. Another appearance by Linda Fiorentino in her prime, too.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
renotime said:
debeguiled said:
renotime said:

Discipline.

Surrender Dorothy.

How about some context?
You just watched it, isn't that the context?