The Movie Thread

BlastbeatCasanova

Kingfisher
Mad Max Feminist Road? No thanks. I could only make it half way through that one. George Miller has hit the skids.
Ok so Charlize Theron's character was pretty tough but she wasn't worth squat without Max. All the other women in the movie were hot and feminine. I didn't get a strong feminist vibe as Max pretty much ran the show. From a visual and conceptual stand-point the movie is sick, but that's just my oponinon/

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
Ok so Charlize Theron's character was pretty tough but she wasn't worth squat without Max. All the other women in the movie were hot and feminine. I didn't get a strong feminist vibe as Max pretty much ran the show. From a visual and conceptual stand-point the movie is sick, but that's just my oponinon/
I agree that from a visual standpoint Fury Road was incredible, but the feminist ideology and subtext got to be too much. Ideology and virtue signaling are ruining movies today.

infinitejest

Sparrow
Does anyone else think Toy Story 4 is an SJW movie?
Yes. I wrote about it before in this thread. The film is a justification for the Sex in the City noeggs and no kids single female lifestyle. Bo Peep serves as a proxy for the modern day woman. At one point she literally says "Why would you tie yourself down to being a toy to some kid (being a mother to a kid) when there's so much beauty in the world to explore?" Disney/Pixar is one of the leading SJW propaganda machines existing today.

I agree that from a visual standpoint Fury Road was incredible, but the feminist ideology and subtext got to be too much. Ideology and virtue signaling are ruining movies today.
I agree. Hollywood is a propaganda machine at this point. I stick to indie films; this is the only place where I am ever surprised.