The Movie Thread

BlastbeatCasanova

Kingfisher
Mad Max Feminist Road? No thanks. I could only make it half way through that one. George Miller has hit the skids.
Ok so Charlize Theron's character was pretty tough but she wasn't worth squat without Max. All the other women in the movie were hot and feminine. I didn't get a strong feminist vibe as Max pretty much ran the show. From a visual and conceptual stand-point the movie is sick, but that's just my oponinon/

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
Ok so Charlize Theron's character was pretty tough but she wasn't worth squat without Max. All the other women in the movie were hot and feminine. I didn't get a strong feminist vibe as Max pretty much ran the show. From a visual and conceptual stand-point the movie is sick, but that's just my oponinon/

I agree that from a visual standpoint Fury Road was incredible, but the feminist ideology and subtext got to be too much. Ideology and virtue signaling are ruining movies today.

infinitejest

Sparrow
Does anyone else think Toy Story 4 is an SJW movie?

Yes. I wrote about it before in this thread. The film is a justification for the Sex in the City noeggs and no kids single female lifestyle. Bo Peep serves as a proxy for the modern day woman. At one point she literally says "Why would you tie yourself down to being a toy to some kid (being a mother to a kid) when there's so much beauty in the world to explore?" Disney/Pixar is one of the leading SJW propaganda machines existing today.

Rudy! The classic film about the true story an undersized underdog who dreams of playing football for Notre Dame! This flick is hugely motivating, and a great movie to see as a family. Many people would have just given up, but not Rudy! I look forward to seeing the new documentary about his life...

How many of you have seen Rudy? What did you think?

R.G.Camara

Woodpecker
Try Atomic Blonde or Mad Max Fury Road for some awesome female led action.
No.

Female action is not only laughable, it violates natural law. As it is, too many women today actually believe that women are as physically capable today as men.

Charlize Theron (who is in both of those horrid films) is a great example of the failure of the West today. Born in South Africa, her family "opposed" apartheid but then were forced to flee once blacks got power, then grew into a stunning beauty, but instead of marrying and having children, became, in turns, a model and an actress, never marrying or bearing children. She concentrated on her career, had a string of romances that all ended in failure, and now as she has passed her prime is known as a rabid fan of The Bachelor, reportedly sleeping with several men who've appeared on the show----I guess even though she knows all about Hollywood trickery, she's still fooled by the glitz and glamour and trashiness.

She's become an outspoken feminist. And I'll bet she's killed a few children in her womb, and will admit it one day, and claim it was all worth it because she got an Oscar once for playing an ugly woman. She's adopted some non-white children and makes sure they're around for photo ops.

A miserable lonely fame-addicted, career-obsessed feminist woman who had to adopt children to have anyone around who wouldn't leave. Reminds me of the old crazy Joan Crawford, who pulled this routine more than 50 years ago (her adopted daughter wrote a tell-all book that exposed Mommy Dearest as an insane, violent, selfish, unloving woman totally centered on her self).

Theron is a great symbol of our society's failure.

R.G.Camara

Woodpecker
Roman Holiday. An oldie but a goodie.

A beautifully shot (black and white) story of a chaste 48-hour romance between a real actual teenage princess (Audrey Hepburn) and the older American reporter (Gregory Peck) who at first sees her as a story to be exploited but falls for her as the two explore 1950s Rome, Italy as foreigner tourists out for fun.

Peck's slow walk away from Hepburn at the end---after they both silently admit their love for each other and yet also silently admit that they cannot be together---such a thing to behold. Talk about the poignant bittersweet, heartbreaking and yet proper.

And, of course, a young Audrey Hepburn is always something to watch---her gamine beauty could make a gay man straight.

R.G.Camara

Woodpecker
Rudy! The classic film about the true story an undersized underdog who dreams of playing football for Notre Dame! This flick is hugely motivating, and a great movie to see as a family. Many people would have just given up, but not Rudy! I look forward to seeing the new documentary about his life...

How many of you have seen Rudy? What did you think?

Sean Astin is an underrated actor. He deserved a Best Supporting Oscar as Sam in Lord of the Rings, and Rudy is a great old-fashioned type movie.

R.G.Camara

Woodpecker
One of my favorites is the noir genre is the Coen Bros BLOOD SIMPLE (1984)

Long before they were the mega directors this was their first film. The low-budget film set the standard for the wave of American indie films to come, and it established the Coens as two of the most important voices in cinema. It also launched the careers of Frances McDormand and cinematographer Barry Sonnenfeld (who would later turn to directing himself).

One of their most underrated films IMO
The Coens are cagey guys in interviews, which makes me think that despite being (((special people))) they aren't left-wing (((special ))) people, and in fact might be pretty sympathetic to our side. A Serious Man was heavily critical of their own Jewish religion and Jewish community, while other movies such as O Brother Where Art Thou? was almost completely positive about white southern Christian music & culture of the 1930s (besides the obligatory Klan attack), and Hail, Casear! was positively joyous over old Hollywood and makes a conservative Catholic anti-communist the hero.

Fargo is a pretty good film, despite being made by outsiders in the Cohens.

It's probably the kindest portrayal of white America, in this case Minnesota whites, that a jewish director has made in decades.

The following series was not as good, it was weird and had all kinds of weird jewish and israeli easter eggs and season 2 was a full on feminist assault.

Salinger

Woodpecker
Speaking of the Coens...I thought Barton Fink was one of their best films. It paints a negative picture of Hollywood and the characters that inhabit the town. There's also a character in the film who's a Jewish studio head, but he's made out to be a money-loving blowhard that cares nothing about art.

If anything, they don't treat their own kind with kid gloves. And I have yet to see any homo or feminist agenda being pushed by them.

R.G.Camara

Woodpecker
Speaking of the Coens...I thought Barton Fink was one of their best films. It paints a negative picture of Hollywood and the characters that inhabit the town. There's also a character in the film who's a Jewish studio head, but he's made out to be a money-loving blowhard that cares nothing about art.

If anything, they don't treat their own kind with kid gloves. And I have yet to see any homo or feminist agenda being pushed by them.

They've gotten away with remaining unwoke thanks to a combination of being Jewish, being top tier talent (greatest director-team of all time), and having their films be just weird enough and unoffensive enough to defy anyone trying to force the Narrative on them. I think they will be one of the last and least attacked.

I shudder in wondering, however, what will happen the woke mob comes for Scorcese and Tarantino. How many times in their movies did the word "nigger" get uttered unironically? It's gonna be lit.

denj

Pigeon
Mission Impossible Rogue Nation - 8/10
Another solid action movie with some great 'missions' and a slightly interesting plot when you're not sure whose side people are on

Last edited:

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
No.

Female action is not only laughable, it violates natural law. As it is, too many women today actually believe that women are as physically capable today as men.

Charlize Theron (who is in both of those horrid films) is a great example of the failure of the West today. Born in South Africa, her family "opposed" apartheid but then were forced to flee once blacks got power, then grew into a stunning beauty, but instead of marrying and having children, became, in turns, a model and an actress, never marrying or bearing children. She concentrated on her career, had a string of romances that all ended in failure, and now as she has passed her prime is known as a rabid fan of The Bachelor, reportedly sleeping with several men who've appeared on the show----I guess even though she knows all about Hollywood trickery, she's still fooled by the glitz and glamour and trashiness.

She's become an outspoken feminist. And I'll bet she's killed a few children in her womb, and will admit it one day, and claim it was all worth it because she got an Oscar once for playing an ugly woman. She's adopted some non-white children and makes sure they're around for photo ops.

A miserable lonely fame-addicted, career-obsessed feminist woman who had to adopt children to have anyone around who wouldn't leave. Reminds me of the old crazy Joan Crawford, who pulled this routine more than 50 years ago (her adopted daughter wrote a tell-all book that exposed Mommy Dearest as an insane, violent, selfish, unloving woman totally centered on her self).

Theron is a great symbol of our society's failure.

Theron's father was a legit abusive arsehole, to the point Theron mother murdered her father in self defence with a handgun as he shot at them through their bedroom door with a shotgun.

Aside from her beauty, she does have this distant hardened other place look.
I actually have a good deal of pity for her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...ielding-dad-self-defense.html#reader-comments