The Movie Thread

Kiwi

Robin
This will likely be full of coded, and not so coded messages and symbolism about the NWO / Great Reset. Also funny that the Matrix is now a Christmas movie.

This looks like a dream sequence. Perhaps that's on purpose, but for me it's too cartoonish and too HD. When everything is CGI nothing is.

It would be a trick if this movie became less CGI as Neo discovered his reality in the matrix. Though I doubt that'll be the case. I'd still be keen to watch it.

fireshark

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
This looks like a dream sequence. Perhaps that's on purpose, but for me it's too cartoonish and too HD. When everything is CGI nothing is.

It would be a trick if this movie became less CGI as Neo discovered his reality in the matrix. Though I doubt that'll be the case. I'd still be keen to watch it.
I'm just happy it's a big budget action movie that has nothing to do with Marvel / DC superheroes. :laughter:

I think it could be utter garbage, or fairly interesting. But, that's all movies these days...(most being of the utter garbage variety)

fireshark

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Yeah, I agree with this too. I've been watching a lot of the featurettes on Youtube. Lady Jessica was portrayed in the original novel as strong and all that, but, methinks this is too juicy of an opportunity for Hollywood to embellish this further. Ditto for the Freman. In the David Lynch version, he had female warriors too, but, they didn't overdo it. Kinda more like Princess Lia in Star Wars. Given today's social engineering we should expect this to also be overplayed. I wouldn't be surprised if Chani (Paul's Freman wife) outshines him, which will deteriorate the character development and since Pual is the center of the story, the entire movie. We've seen this before.

I read a few of the early reviews (out of Cannes festival) and they mentioned that Momoa's character stole the scene several times, so maybe they left some testosterone in there...

Holy Shit, this was epic! Now I'm going to tell people to watch the movie and then watch this video too show them how Hollywood/the system brainwashes and manipulates them!
Please watch your language my brother, as per forum rules.

This video offers an excellent and compact analysis. I enjoyed the film years ago on a more technical level -- the cinematography, long takes, background/foreground tension, etc. Things seems to just pop up out of nowhere and there are many details constantly undulating in the background.

Admittedly, I did not take this view (as per video above) of the film at first. Like yourself, I saw it as more of a general dystopian nightmare that mirrored current events: Europe is being ravaged by 3rd world immigration, birth rates are declining, race is being weaponized, the relations between those with conservative/nationalist leanings and the radical left wing/anarchist/antifa types are often violent.

The bleak and decrepit state of Europe -- and of the western world in general, evidenced by the monumental works of western art such as the statue of David -- was a real depiction. What I didn't pick up on was where the director was placing the blame for the crumbling west. That he might be celebrating this crumbling though not-so-subtle anti-white sentiment, and that the film is justifying violent left wing or anarchist behaviour in service of the 'revolution' did not occur to me at the time.

No, no, no! It's Commie brainwashing about how whites should accept that the future is black and female.

That was a good analysis. I still say it is a great movie, or at least a very entertaining piece of propaganda. One of the most well made films of the 21st century imo, the acting, sound, cinematography, thrilling action. I would just wanna practice discernment watching it again.

One piece of brainwashing that he missed in that video is the idolizing of science, scientists were hunted down and had to flee to the ocean, and that they are ultimately humanity's last hope. The science idolatry feeds right into current events, especially with the reference to the pandemic.

That was a good analysis. I still say it is a great movie, or at least a very entertaining piece of propaganda. One of the most well made films of the 21st century imo, the acting, sound, cinematography, thrilling action. I would just wanna practice discernment watching it again.

One piece of brainwashing that he missed in that video is the idolizing of science, scientists were hunted down and had to flee to the ocean, and that they are ultimately humanity's last hope. The science idolatry feeds right into current events, especially with the reference to the pandemic.
Agree re idolization of science. Good point.

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I for one am looking forward to the matrix movie (tranny directors aside)
The directors have stated The Matrix series is an metaphor for being tranny.
I think this is obviously forcing an untrue label on the past films, but if that's how the directors feel about it today, you can guarantee the analogy will be true this time around. Remember, they were male when they made the Matrix. They were "female" when creating this new version.

There's very little evidence of tranny stuff in the original films. It would have been simple to have a character play a man in real life and a woman in the Matrix world, or vice versa, but they didn't even try that (an obvious plot twist, and one that was used in the Bruce Willis film Surrogates).

I'm looking forward to Dune, though I have to admit none of the trailers are exciting at all. Maybe I'll just finally read the book instead.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
The directors have stated The Matrix series is an metaphor for being tranny.
I think this is obviously forcing an untrue label on the past films, but if that's how the directors feel about it today, you can guarantee the analogy will be true this time around. Remember, they were male when they made the Matrix. They were "female" when creating this new version.

There's very little evidence of tranny stuff in the original films. It would have been simple to have a character play a man in real life and a woman in the Matrix world, or vice versa, but they didn't even try that (an obvious plot twist, and one that was used in the Bruce Willis film Surrogates).

I'm looking forward to Dune, though I have to admit none of the trailers are exciting at all. Maybe I'll just finally read the book instead.
I am going to watch it regardless. If nothing because I think Keanu Reeves is one of the few good people in Hollywood who hasnt lost touch with reality.

I am hopeful that they wont pee in the cheerio bowl and ruin a good thing as the first 2 were amazing... and the 3rd was pretty good also (even if a CGI overload)

I find it REALLLLLLLYYYYY hard not to read into the social engineering in every movie I watch so I am already going into it expecting some woke garbage.

But it cant beat the Forkie Character in Toystory 4 which was a symbol of tranny confusion being promulgated onto the children... took my 4 year old to see that one and I really regret it.

thetruewhitenorth

Sparrow
Orthodox
I am going to watch it regardless. If nothing because I think Keanu Reeves is one of the few good people in Hollywood who hasnt lost touch with reality.

I am hopeful that they wont pee in the cheerio bowl and ruin a good thing as the first 2 were amazing... and the 3rd was pretty good also (even if a CGI overload)

I find it REALLLLLLLYYYYY hard not to read into the social engineering in every movie I watch so I am already going into it expecting some woke garbage.

But it cant beat the Forkie Character in Toystory 4 which was a symbol of tranny confusion being promulgated onto the children... took my 4 year old to see that one and I really regret it.
I tried watching a few cartoons lately with my 2 year old. Such as "How to train your dragon", "Brave", "Rio", "Secret life of pets".

We had to pretty much cut short on all of them. Now, looking at these cartoons through Christian/parent lenses I see how toxic they are. Most have "woke" themes/messages throughout.

My son even got scared and started crying a few times as most of the cartoons have very demonic characters. And he has extremely limited exposure to screens.

It is very difficult to find good, family oriented cartoons. You gotta go back at least a decade or two to fish out something decent.

I tried watching a few cartoons lately with my 2 year old. Such as "How to train your dragon", "Brave", "Rio", "Secret life of pets".

We had to pretty much cut short on all of them. Now, looking at these cartoons through Christian/parent lenses I see how toxic they are. Most have "woke" themes/messages throughout.

My son even got scared and started crying a few times as most of the cartoons have very demonic characters. And he has extremely limited exposure to screens.

It is very difficult to find good, family oriented cartoons. You gotta go back at least a decade or two to fish out something decent.
I would suggest older cartoons, like really old (20’s/30’s/40’s).

The animation is excellent and there are good morals to the stories. It’s the last glimpse of the real or ‘classical’ world before the subversion and social engineering really kicked into high gear. Nature is depicted as natural and not inverted. Strong masculine-feminine polarity. Villains and heroes. Good music.

Easy to find on YouTube and stream for free without any subscriptions.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member

Even the one about the terrorist on the plane? I saw The Mule and it was alright, but I think Eastwood suffers from working too much and too fast. Mystic River and Gran Torino are probably his best movies of the last 20 years and the only ones in that time frame worth rewatching. Million Dollar Baby was good, but man, what a downer.

I went to the theater for the second time in the last year and a half to see The Card Counter. It was shot in digital and it's fairly obvious, but there are some good shots in there, one of which was the lights scene in Missouri and one where Oscar Isaac leaves a hotel room. Paul Schrader is one of my favorite screenwriters and he's not a half-bad director, either, (Light Sleeper and Affliction are both great) but I found Card Counter lacking. It seems like it's trying to jam three different movies into.

Oscar Isaac's lean performance is great and the character is certainly interesting, sort of like Travis Bickle, but a gambler instead of a taxi driver. Instead of leaving his history to our imagination, they give us flashbacks which I didn't really like.

Overall the movie is alright and Schrader certainly isn't lazy in his storytelling, but it's no gem. It's good to see a legend like him still making movies though. I'll probably watch First Reformed at some point.