The Movie Thread

NickK

Kingfisher
Orthodox
The directors have stated The Matrix series is an metaphor for being tranny.
I think this is obviously forcing an untrue label on the past films, but if that's how the directors feel about it today, you can guarantee the analogy will be true this time around. Remember, they were male when they made the Matrix. They were "female" when creating this new version.

There's very little evidence of tranny stuff in the original films. It would have been simple to have a character play a man in real life and a woman in the Matrix world, or vice versa, but they didn't even try that (an obvious plot twist, and one that was used in the Bruce Willis film Surrogates).

I'm looking forward to Dune, though I have to admit none of the trailers are exciting at all. Maybe I'll just finally read the book instead.
In the original script, the character of Switch (note the name) was supposed to be male in the real world and female in the matrix. This was based on the notion of "RSI" (risidual self image). The clothing and guns they carried in the matrix were loaded before the jacked in the matrix, but their general appearance (the RSI) was created automatically by the matrix based on their "self-identity".

But they thought it was too much for the public to accept at the time, so they dropped this angle.

They still kept hints: the RSI concept and many characters looking androgynous (Neo, Trinity, Switch).
Also, the degenracy of Zion (mixed races, lesbians and gays).

Last edited:

NickK

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I tried watching a few cartoons lately with my 2 year old. Such as "How to train your dragon", "Brave", "Rio", "Secret life of pets".

We had to pretty much cut short on all of them. Now, looking at these cartoons through Christian/parent lenses I see how toxic they are. Most have "woke" themes/messages throughout.

My son even got scared and started crying a few times as most of the cartoons have very demonic characters. And he has extremely limited exposure to screens.

It is very difficult to find good, family oriented cartoons. You gotta go back at least a decade or two to fish out something decent.
Cartoons today are about magical thinking and technology. They rarely show actual human faces. Most characters are robots or animals.

I tried showing my 3 year old nephew the old style Looney Toons. I found that even Bugs Bunny is not wholesome.
More subtle than today's cartoons but still subversive.

Last edited:

thetruewhitenorth

Sparrow
Orthodox
How can the movie "Secret life of pets" be satanic?
The white rabbit character, the leader of the abandoned pets looked totally evil, bi-polar, violent. How is it appropriate for kids? As if he was possessed by demons.

Also, the monologues about killing humans, shopping them into pieces and so on. It was rather sick in my opinion.

The pig looked very disgusting and repulsive, plain ugly. Many moments, we watched only about half hour.

My son started crying as he got scared of some scenes.

Disgusting cartoon....

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Cartoons today are about magical thinking and technology. They rarely show actual human faces. Most characters are robots or animals.

I tried showing my 3 year old nephew the old style Looney Toons. I found that even Bugs Bunny is not wholesome.
More subtle than today's cartoon's but still subversive.
Popeye and the Old old (not the new stuff) Rocky and Bullwinkle are safe bets.

thetruewhitenorth

Sparrow
Orthodox

More subtle than today's cartoon's but still subversive.
Not only that. Almost every cartoon shows "strong, empowered girls" and soy, dumb male characters.

Also, constantly inverting everything like portraying monsters as good.

PassingTime

Pigeon
Orthodox
I recently watched Wind River again, I have not seen it for a few years and forgot how good of a movie it is.

It's beautifully produced and touches on some serious issues. Would recommend to those that have not seen it.

WIND-RIVER.png

thetruewhitenorth

Sparrow
Orthodox
I recently watched Wind River again, I have not seen it for a few years and forgot how good of a movie it is.

It's beautifully produced and touches on some serious issues. Would recommend to those that have not seen it.

WIND-RIVER.png

Good movie, but parrots a typical leftist narrative about missing and murdered indigenous women.

And this movie hints that white men are responsible for the rapes, and murders of the native women.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
Good movie, but parrots a typical leftist narrative about missing and murdered indigenous women.

And this movie hints that white men are responsible for the rapes, and murders of the native women.

I didn't know that was a leftist narrative.

Kind of funny they blame the white man, since the dead girl's boyfriend was white, the hero of the movie is white, the hero is friends with an Indian. I guess they could have made the bad guys indians, but you don't see those guys in that type of job. In fact, the job the bad guys have doesn't really exist in that industry.

To me this is a solid masculine movie that observes gender roles, other than the lady cop, but she's an idiot in over her head who fails to help in any way.

thetruewhitenorth

Sparrow
Orthodox
I didn't know that was a leftist narrative.

Kind of funny they blame the white man, since the dead girl's boyfriend was white, the hero of the movie is white, the hero is friends with an Indian. I guess they could have made the bad guys indians, but you don't see those guys in that type of job. In fact, the job the bad guys have doesn't really exist in that industry.

To me this is a solid masculine movie that observes gender roles, other than the lady cop, but she's an idiot in over her head who fails to help in any way.
Great movie, hands down. I dont know where you live, but in Canada the main "victim group" are natives. And one of the many naitives' talking points is missing and murdered indeginious women.

Type "missing and murdered indeginious women" in google, and you'll see how intensely this topic is discussed in (at least) Canada.

So if they go missing and being murdered, who's responsible for that? This movie clearly hints its the whitey's fault, no surprise here of course

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
Great movie, hands down. I dont know where you live, but in Canada the main "victim group" are natives. And one of the many naitives' talking points is missing and murdered indeginious women.

Type "missing and murdered indeginious women" in google, and you'll see how intensely this topic is discussed in (at least) Canada.

So if they go missing and being murdered, who's responsible for that? This movie clearly hints its the whitey's fault, no surprise here of course

I wouldn't say the movie was great, but certainly well done for a first time director. My favorite Sheridan project would have to be Sicario.

But no, I am not from an area with a native population. Upon looking in the google machine, a statistic pops up that native women make up 4 percent of population, but 16 percent of murders. Sounds like parents aren't watching out for their kids.

I didn't really pick up on the blame placed on the white man. Yes, the bad guys were white, but those are the only kinds of guys you are gonna see on an oil rig. Maybe in Wyoming you see natives, but I never saw any when I worked out in Texas. To me Sheridan's movies have always been about storytelling over ideology or a commentary on society. When you watch Sicario, you don't think about the war on drugs, you wonder about what the hell that Del Toro's character went through that has made him a cold blooded killer.

I'll have to give Wind River a second watch, maybe I missed some of the racism.

OrthoCole

Pigeon
Orthodox Catechumen
I think it's a really good movie. Aside from being entertaining, it also preaches the importance of taking action, standing up for what you believe in, and learning to think for yourself.
Great analysis, I love that aspect too. Art as something lively and full of spirit. Something that must be participated in and not mere abstraction. Which can also make it dangerous if you're not careful, it's not for the faint of heart.

Muscovite

Robin
Orthodox
I'm looking forward to "Man of God". Not sure where it's available though.

Exiled unjustly, convicted without trial, slandered without cause. Man of God depicts the trials and tribulations of Saint Nektarios of Aegina, as he bears the unjust hatred of his enemies while preaching the Word of God.