The Movie Thread

Kiwi

Robin
BA0B34C8D994023B5F0E179B70CEB9EF2ED93C9E

This is why I shared a photo and not a trailer :)

What's the deal with Zane Lowe and the rescore? The soundtrack was already excellent from memory.

If anyone ever wanted to know the definition of brooding your best bet would be to watch Ryan Gosling in Drive. Completely owned that role. A very cool film.

hedonist

Kingfisher
Zane Lowe
This?

Yikes....this isn't the version I was talking about. The screener version has some tracks from previous movies (I won't spoil for now) and IMO were better than the final version. Especially the elevator scene and preparing for the heist.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
That movie is great, already seven years old.

Creepin said it came out in 2011 in his post, man.

Drive is probably one of the best movies of the decade. I love that it makes LA a character. Soundtrack is also incredible. My only minor gripe is that Gosling was able to find parking at the staples arena within a second of pulling into the parking lot during a basketball game. Possibly one of the most unrealistic LA scenes of all time.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
What's the deal with Zane Lowe and the rescore? The soundtrack was already excellent from memory.

If anyone ever wanted to know the definition of brooding your best bet would be to watch Ryan Gosling in Drive. Completely owned that role. A very cool film.

He wasn't just brooding in the movie. He ran the full gamut of emotions in the most subtle ways. Reminded me of DeNiro in Travis Bickle a little bit. Character was a powder keg with a heart of gold ready to go off. And it did in that crazy elevator scene.

Highly recommend reading the books, too. Great neo-noir.