The new cold war with China

Troller

Woodpecker
US shouldn´t declare anything. And support Taiwan covertly.

China and XIDIOT are going down really fast by themselves. US will probably just have to sit and watch. Unless some faction of China elite wakes up to the destruction of their country:

There´s no different types of communism. There´s only one. All property and wealth belongs to a small elite. And the rest starves.

Anticipating a global showdown with China, Esper announces historic Naval buildup

"US Secretary of Defense Mark Esper announced a sweeping buildup of America's Navy to oppose the rising threat from China, calling for more ships as well as the adoption of new technologies and doctrines.

Speaking at the Rand Corp. on Wednesday, Esper called for the US Navy to increase its fleet size from today's 293 ships to more than 355 by the year 2045 as part of a comprehensive modernization plan called "Future Forward." This revamped naval force will comprise a bigger fleet of smaller ships, including surface ships and submarines that are unmanned, manned, and autonomous. The buildup will also comprise additional unmanned, carrier-based aircraft.

In addition to that quantitative increase, which will cost tens of billions of dollars, Esper is also calling for the Navy and Marine Corps to adopt new warfighting technologies and doctrines to counter novel threats from China."

navy leader.jpeg

Last edited:

Hansel

Sparrow
I wish you would watch the entire video, because I'd like to hear a complete review. Oh, and what is the source of your military knowledge? I'm just curious.
I know a few people at Jane’s so they tell me more if I have questions apart from my subscriptions.

American warships are being outfitted with anti-missile lasers, but I'm not sure just how truly effective they are at targeting and knocking out incoming anti-ship missiles. I'm hoping it will be a game changer.
That’s still in the early stages, so no comment there.

And so what do you think is holding back China from invading Taiwan? Do they still need to build many more landing ships and heavy transport planes? What are the missing pieces of the puzzle, for them?
Might be the aftermath that’s the hardest to deal with. Suddenly there’s 23 million unfriendly people added into the realm and that’s rather hard to digest. Imagine if Cuba suddenly got annexed, I think that’s basically the same.

fokker

Pelican
China has decided to restrict "unreliable foreign entites" as a response to Trump's TIkTok ban. I'm hoping the Chinese ban Facebook, Google and Twitter entirely from their country.

Hansel

Sparrow
China has decided to restrict "unreliable foreign entites" as a response to Trump's TIkTok ban. I'm hoping the Chinese ban Facebook, Google and Twitter entirely from their country.

Interestingly, China has never officially banned the use of Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or the likes of it. They were blocked from China because these big corps refused to put their data servers inside China and subject to Chinese privacy laws, which would be an obstacle for (((them))) to use and analyse the user data.

I'm guessing they will officially ban Facebook because that deplorable dickhead Zuckerberg switched sides and cosied up to Trump to get TikTok banned. A lot of VPNs that previously worked may go down as well and it might be quite a long time before people like Fortis are going to show up again.

Peacock
Gold Member
I wish you would watch the entire video, because I'd like to hear a complete review. Oh, and what is the source of your military knowledge? I'm just curious.

As for the U.S. Army landing in China, I could only conceive of that happening if a serious civil war was going on, and our forces landed to aid the anti CCP side. Otherwise, it would be an insane thing to do. But such an action might cause a very cornered CCP to consider the nuclear option at a tactical and strategic level. And so we should probably just supply weapons and supplies, in such a situation.

American warships are being outfitted with anti-missile lasers, but I'm not sure just how truly effective they are at targeting and knocking out incoming anti-ship missiles. I'm hoping it will be a game changer.

And so what do you think is holding back China from invading Taiwan? Do they still need to build many more landing ships and heavy transport planes? What are the missing pieces of the puzzle, for them?
China has always played the long game, their timetable for absorbing Taiwan is 2050. By that time, their GDP will be around double the US', and their military will be stronger.

Think of where China was 30 years ago back in 1990, Beijing streets were mostly filled with bicycles and there was only a handful of Stalin-style government buildings, and China's GDP was 1/20th the US. The US is already spending 2/3 of its discretionary budget on the military, with debt exploding after the second round of covid bankster bailout on top of the Obama bankster bailout scam.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
China has always played the long game, their timetable for absorbing Taiwan is 2050. By that time, their GDP will be around double the US', and their military will be stronger.

Think of where China was 30 years ago back in 1990, Beijing streets were mostly filled with bicycles and there was only a handful of Stalin-style government buildings, and China's GDP was 1/20th the US. The US is already spending 2/3 of its discretionary budget on the military, with debt exploding after the second round of covid bankster bailout on top of the Obama bankster bailout scam.
2049 (100th anniversary of the PRC), but yeah. Thing is, Xi wants to do it in his reign, he's 67 now so he'll want to do it in the next 10-15 years. This will cause conflict within the CCP as other party officials may not wish to risk blowing everything by accelerating the time line.

Peacock
Gold Member
Xi will get Hong Kong fully absorbed towards the end of his tenure in the early 2030s. They will do that by pumping money into their struggling middle and lower classes, which today are actually worse off than the average Chinese, due to HK's exorbitant cost of living. They won't need to fire a shot to get there. Taiwan will similarly fall into China's economic and cultural orbit in the coming decades.

Xi's crowning achievement will be to guide China to the top as the world's greatest power, and he's already more than halfway there, time is on their side. This coming decade will see a lot of turbulence as the world is falling into a classic Thucydides Trap situation, with the China-Russia Eurasian power block emerging as a challenger of US world dominance, playing out the classic Mackinder/Spykman geopolitical framework with the confrontation between the rising land power and the sea hegemon.

2049 (100th anniversary of the PRC), but yeah. Thing is, Xi wants to do it in his reign, he's 67 now so he'll want to do it in the next 10-15 years. This will cause conflict within the CCP as other party officials may not wish to risk blowing everything by accelerating the time line.
I've heard this, too. Xi wants the conquest of Taiwan to happen when he is still alive and kicking, and in firm control of the state. But this means China will most likely not yet be fully ready for war, when he gives the order. This could cause serious anxiety and anger in the CCP leadership ranks over the greatly reduced probability of success. Xi would guarantee his own forced retirement, if he caused a premature war with Taiwan, and China got beaten back by an American alliance. At least his underlings would have no problem having a scapegoat...

La Águila Negra

Kingfisher
Might be the aftermath that’s the hardest to deal with. Suddenly there’s 23 million unfriendly people added into the realm and that’s rather hard to digest. Imagine if Cuba suddenly got annexed, I think that’s basically the same.
You have posted some top notch analyses on here but this part doesn't really make sense

Taiwanese people can move freely to and from China already. The only thing they need is a Travel Permit and those are very easy to acquire, especially when compared to the countless hoops foreigners have to jump through

Hence here are tons and tons of Taiwanese people in Shanghai. It's the number one expat community in Shanghai by far, but they don't show up in official statistics because the PRC considers Taiwan part of its territory. Pay is much higher, taxes are lower, and the job market favours often bilingual and highly educated Taiwanese people

In before the crowd starts the 'Taiwanese hate China, China third world Taiwan first world' line. Apparantly young Taiwanese disagree on that. These people don't care about politics, they voluntarily move to the 'developing' communist archenemy across the Strait to earn some more shekels

I also don't think unhappy Taiwanese would be the reason China refrains from military action. Firstly because most of them don't care enough to risk their livelihoods and secondly because Taiwanese are weak and gay. I am not joking here, Taiwanese men in Shanghai are known for being effeminate and homosexual. And that says something because Shanghai men themselves have a reputation for being effeminate and weak themselves. So the Taiwanese men are even one level below that. Also the women are super easy.

Keep in mind that China controls several territories with much more belligerent and warlike populations already (Tibet, Xinjiang)

You have posted some top notch analyses on here but this part doesn't really make sense

Taiwanese people can move freely to and from China already. The only thing they need is a Travel Permit and those are very easy to acquire, especially when compared to the countless hoops foreigners have to jump through

Hence here are tons and tons of Taiwanese people in Shanghai. It's the number one expat community in Shanghai by far, but they don't show up in official statistics because the PRC considers Taiwan part of its territory. Pay is much higher, taxes are lower, and the job market favours often bilingual and highly educated Taiwanese people

In before the crowd starts the 'Taiwanese hate China, China third world Taiwan first world' line. Apparantly young Taiwanese disagree on that. These people don't care about politics, they voluntarily move to the 'developing' communist archenemy across the Strait to earn some more shekels

I also don't think unhappy Taiwanese would be the reason China refrains from military action. Firstly because most of them don't care enough to risk their livelihoods and secondly because Taiwanese are weak and gay. I am not joking here, Taiwanese men in Shanghai are known for being effeminate and homosexual. And that says something because Shanghai men themselves have a reputation for being effeminate and weak themselves. So the Taiwanese men are even one level below that. Also the women are super easy.

Keep in mind that China controls several territories with much more belligerent and warlike populations already (Tibet, Xinjiang)
I've read articles saying that Taiwan is permeated with a defeatist attitude about their odds of staying free of China, despite having a solid military on basically an island fortress that would be difficult to invade. Some experts say the Taiwanese more than anything, need much more fighting spirit. If the CCP were not so impatient, they would just focus on a psy-ops meme war to steadily break the Taiwanese people. This could get them the results they want, without a shot fired. But they would have to play the long game...

DeWoken

Sparrow
If the CCP were not so impatient, they would just focus on a psy-ops meme war to steadily break the Taiwanese people. This could get them the results they want, without a shot fired. But they would have to play the long game...
β!

Just kidding, I hope nobody gets hurt :)

He simply “forgets” to mention the DF-17, the only supersonic missile in the world, and the fact that the US currently do not have any assets capable of intercepting it.
I don't know much about arms but I think you mean hypersonic missiles. Putin has 'em, with Avangard (wow, "mach 27"!).

McMaster calls US ‘weak and divided’ and warns China has ‘window of opportunity’ to exploit instability

3 stars.jpeg

"Asked if the relationship between the U.S. and China could be described as similar to the U.S. relationship with the Soviet Union during the Cold War, McMaster said, “It’s tougher because our economies are intertwined in a way that gives tremendous coercive power to the Chinese Communist Party.”

McMaster said China’s strategy, using the intertwined markets of the U.S. and China, is to entice the U.S. “with the lure of access to their market and short-term profits, and then coerce us. Coerce us to adhere to their worldview and to make concessions that allow them to achieve competitive advantage against us.”

Your analysis was 100% correct last year but things have changed thanks to the Wuhan virus.

Chinese companies were instructed by CCP to overpay Taiwanese expats to brainwash them into believing China is superior to Taiwan. Shanghai expats go back to Taiwan and gloat to their friends about the high salaries, lavish dinners, mega wealthy generous friends they made in China.

Since the Wuhan virus, many, many Taiwanese have moved back to Taiwan. Also the strong Trump anti-china economic policies forced many Taiwanese to move their factories back to Taiwan.

Xi was coasting his way into culturally, economically, absorbing Taiwan into China. But the Wuhan virus may have set him back 5-10 years. The Taiwanese pride is as strong as ever. Yes they are weak minded people and moved by greed, but for now their national spirit is at its peak. We'll see how long it is going to last.