The new cold war with China

Enigma

Hummingbird
Gold Member
What Filipinos think of China & The South China Sea Dispute | ASIAN BOSS

The average Filipino was frustrated with their president's seemingly defeatist approach to dealing with China, a year ago. But what could he do, with the U.S. bases there closed, and his own nation having a small and obsolete navy and air force? Since then, things have supposedly changed, due to plans to rebuild half of Subic Bay for the U.S. Navy, and even have a warship-building infrastructure there.

I do understand the desire to be neutral, but that won't work due to China's behavior. The Philippines is one of many nations caught between the cold war between the U.S. and China.
Duterte can't do anything, because the Chinese will simply stop exports from the Philippines and destroy the economy. There are also many other ways they can turn the screws, including possibly turning off the country's power grid.

By the way, I've posted this map before, but the Vietnamese number is really interesting to me now. They border China, they were once part of China for centuries, they are the most culturally and ethnically similar to China (other than Singapore, obviously), and yet they have not allowed the Chinese to get a hold on their economy. It's almost like they know something the other countries don't.

It's also worth noting that the lower a country's percentage, the more antagonistic they are to China.

Enigma

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Perhaps it’s the combination of Chinese industriousness with a British legal system and property rights that is particularly beneficial.
As I pointed out in the post you just quoted, this has been going on for hundreds of years. Britain didn't even establish colonies in SEA until well into the 19th century.

Secondly, I was responding to a post saying that China was going to build up Africa's infrastructure. Their inability to do that in countries that neighbor them and are more ethnically and culturally similar would clearly disprove that notion.

Enigma

Hummingbird
Gold Member
The stupid globalists pushed a population control policy that led to tens of millions of extra Chinese men, stupidly sent US tech to China and destroyed the US military for decades, then stupidly beat the war drums when the US is at its weakest and China at its strongest.

They are so stupid. Don’t they know how many people will die.

Unfortunately, they’re simply no match for the industrious 125+ average IQ Chinese master race.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
The stupid globalists pushed a population control policy that led to tens of millions of extra Chinese men, stupidly sent US tech to China and destroyed the US military for decades, then stupidly beat the war drums when the US is at its weakest and China at its strongest.

Unfortunately, they’re simply no match for the industrious 125+ average IQ Chinese master race.
Israel got our top level military technology for free and then turned around and sold it for a profit to China so China could reverse engineer it and perfect it.

I have read that the F-35 was obsolete against China's SAM before it was even completed due to this move.

Last edited:
I saw someone asking how banning Tiktok is going to help the Uighurs. Basically if you're a American you want to see China have less leverage over our country. China is going from simply making things to producing decent pop culture. I already see english speaking people who like K-pop or Korean dramas dip their toes in Chinese pop or Chinese dramas. If you've seen how China deals with its asian neighbours you know they have a tendency to boycott under the obvious lie or a technical issue (the equivalent of social media companies saying the conservative was censored because of a "glitch").

So they're already soft censoring posts on the Uighurs or other sensitive issues on Tiktok, imagine Tiktok being as popular as Facebook or Twitter. Or imagine because of a dispute Tiktok or those Chinese dramas you love watching so much just mysteriously go offline for a day. Or imagine if the Chinese made something as addictive as Marvel's Avenger movies. They were eagerly anticipated by pop culture addicts in America until mysteriously it was postponed coincidentally after Congress signed a resolution supporting Taiwanese independence.

Of course these things wouldn't have the magic ability to change American's opinions and might even cause a backlash but the point is these apps like Tiktok or cheap Huawei phones or any number of desirable chinese consumer products is just one more tool in the toolbox of the CCP. And the Chinse government and its various companies that produce these things are a lot more intertwined than its American counterparts. That's what makes it more dangerous.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member

Well their plan seems to be/have-been for precisely that outcome to occur, except they were meant to shift their power base to China who would be their slaves for the next 100 years instead of the USA.

As I said elsewhere. They set the house on fire on their way out and by the time folks have rebuilt, they've forgotten who the bastards were who set it on fire in the first place.

Now is not the time to join the military. Most wars have been waged in my opinion primarily for the purposes of killing off combat-willing bloodlines from the population and if war occurs with China they are going to go for maximum casualties on both sides. As per previous conflicts, men will be marched dutifully into machine gun fire and future historians will explain it as "poor strategy from the COC" when in reality the immense losses will be quite deliberate.

Corporate America made a devil's bargain with China, sharing our manufacturing secrets with them, in exchange for entry into huge Chinese markets. The idea was that China would forever be playing catch up with us, which is lessening by the day.

Our military industrial complex is fed countless billions, but often has nothing substantial to show for the huge investments. China and Russia get far more return on their military budget money. I could only imagine what they would do to lazy and corrupt engineering company executives who had nothing solid to show for the money given... There is the classic story of Admiral Rickover, the father of America's nuclear submarine force, who went into a rage during a meeting with corporate executives who were building his sub force. He realized how much they were over-charging the navy, but he did not have the power to actually stop them. He called them a bunch of lying scum!

The U.S. Navy is still very strong, though now smaller than China's navy. And we still have a definite technological lead and a blue water navy with a huge amount of practical experience. But our advantages are steadily eroding as China goes on a warship building spree, and steals our technology left and right! In about a decade, they may be ready to successfully take over Taiwan, we will see.

An interesting thing about Asian China is that they have few real geniuses, but their average IQ is higher than most other races/groups. And so it makes sense when a Chinese mom tells her kid, "work harder, my child, becoming a doctor is about you working very hard, and not about you thinking you need to be really smart and special!" Lol

Israel got our top level military technology for free and then turned around and sold it for a profit to China so China could reverse engineer it and perfect it.

I have read that the F-35 was obsolete against China's SAM before it was even completed due to this move.

At times Israel is a strong ally to the United States, but at other times, the phrase "with friends like these, we don't need enemies!," most surely comes to mind.

They have a booming economy, and a powerful military, so I think all aid money to them should be cut. If they truly needed it I would be supportive, but they don't need it. If anything, like the other aid money America gives out, it is more like a bribe.

About five years ago we sold them some of our latest aerial drones, and almost immediately, they turned around and prepared some of them for a sale to China! But the U.S. government was somehow tipped off, and Congress raised hell about it. Israel at that point backed down, before the sale could happen. I have a feeling what motivates this behavior is more than a desire for profit. Israel sees the rise of China, and they want to be on their good side, as China becomes more and more powerful at the global level.

Enigma

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Well their plan seems to be/have-been for precisely that outcome to occur, except they were meant to shift their power base to China who would be their slaves for the next 100 years instead of the USA.

As I said elsewhere. They set the house on fire on their way out and by the time folks have rebuilt, they've forgotten who the bastards were who set it on fire in the first place.

Now is not the time to join the military. Most wars have been waged in my opinion primarily for the purposes of killing off combat-willing bloodlines from the population and if war occurs with China they are going to go for maximum casualties on both sides. As per previous conflicts, men will be marched dutifully into machine gun fire and future historians will explain it as "poor strategy from the COC" when in reality the immense losses will be quite deliberate.
I agree, my post was meant to be tongue in cheek.

Apparently I need to work on my satirical skills :squintlol:

The normie view of politics requires the globalists to not just be incompetent, but incompetent to the point of absolute absurdity.

When you realize that this is actually part of the plan, the timing lines up perfectly.

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
Just looking at that conventional HE explosion in Lebanon right now and to think people actually believe you could win wars with nuclear tier weapons between major powers.

That warehouse/factory definitely had some behind closed doors storage facility for HE and Mossad blew it up.

wannable alpha

Woodpecker
Things are more serious in the South China Sea than what the MSM lets on. The potential gas and oil reserves of South China Sea means that China is not going to give up. What happens when China starts to develop oil & gas fields in those waters?

Sword and Board

Woodpecker
At times Israel is a strong ally to the United States, but at other times, the phrase "with friends like these, we don't need enemies!," most surely comes to mind.
Really, do tell.

I feel this line of thought is like the whimpy kid that believes his schoolyard bullies are his ally. He gets punched in the dick, lunch money stolen, his sister ran a train on behind the toilet block, takes the fall for their misbehaviour, does their homework and they make fun of him to the rest of the school.

kazz

Kingfisher
If you were Chinese looking at the current state of the west. The USA in particular you might just agree that China should be the new world leader.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Really, do tell.

I feel this line of thought is like the whimpy kid that believes his schoolyard bullies are his ally. He gets punched in the dick, lunch money stolen, his sister ran a train on behind the toilet block, takes the fall for their misbehaviour, does their homework and they make fun of him to the rest of the school.
It's more like a dude who says "there are times where whole weeks go by and she doesn't cheat on me, so at times, y'know, she's a really good girlfriend".

ralfy

Pigeon
Here are other things I found out concerning the South China Sea issue:

1. There are six claimants to parts of the South China Sea, including the Philippines and Taiwan, and they are against each other. Even Taiwan rejects Philippine claims, and both are allies of the U.S. This is probably the main reason why the U.S. has not been interfering.

2. China started incursions in the region when it fought against another claimant, Vietnam, in 1988. After it won, China started entering the Kalayaan Island group, and the U.S. did not act as well. By 2005, the other claimants had started building installations in the area.

3. The U.S. had for decades been attempting to to surround both China and Russia with dozens of military bases and installations following a "grand chessboard" strategy, culminating in Obama's attempt to pivot to Asia and wrest control of the region from China. The U.S. failed and can now do little, specially when the claimants have effectively taken control of the seas, including two international trade routes which they feared the U.S. would attempt to choke given conflict.

4. Filipinos are pro-U.S. and critical of China, but for some reason can't remember that they've been screwed many times over by the U.S., starting with onerous trade deals in return for independence, then support for the Marcos dictatorship, and after that inability to help the Philippines concerning China because the defense treaty between the U.S. and its ally covers only land territories and support is pre-conditioned by approval from the U.S. Congress.

5. China, as part of BRICS (with Brazil, Russia, India, and South Africa) and with forty emerging markets (including the Philippines and the other claimants of parts of the South China Sea: Malaysia, Brunei, Taiwan, Vietnam, and the Philippines), have been increasing in economic strength across around two decades, to the point that some predict they will dominate not just Asia but the global economy, and might even switch to a basket of currencies rather than rely on the U.S. dollar.

It is based on these and other points that some believe that the U.S., in order to get back control of the global economy, may eventually attack China: