The NFL is dying

bucky

Ostrich
I thought it was odd that the halftime show didn't include any whitepeople, unless you count the suited up black guys with bandages who were basically in white face.
I noticed that. Was the audio completely off for everyone? Lyrics were completely unintelligible. I liked the aesthetics of the show though. Seemed inspired by Metropolis (the sci fi film from the silent era). I actually thought it was one of the best halftime shows of all time.

bucky

Ostrich
The commercials were mainly Afro-centric, but weren't Woke, as in the recent past. Have not seen a halftime show since Janet Jackson's boob popped out "accidentally".
Before last night I hadn't watched a Superbowl for years, so you might be right, but I still thought the commercials were ludicrously woke. Right before kickoff there was some kind of inspiring montage commercial that featured a shot of some woman at a demonstration holding a sign reading "Moms against fascism" that made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. "Mansplaining" was mentioned somewhere, and one had a 6'6 drag queen decked out in a fabulous sequined dress as if it were the most normal thing in the world. Also, as someone else mentioned, you'd think the US was 87% black based on the commercials, not the other way around.

homersheineken

Kingfisher
I used to be really big into football, watched my team every week, spent many Sundays at the bar, Fantasy Football, on my app to watch "my team"...

In 2017, the amount of commercials had grown - sometimes 10 minutes between plays (TD, commercials to review touchdown, lame Xtra point then commercials, lame and neutered kickoff return and commercial). Ridiculous. Combined with my team being bad for years. So I was already pretty apathetic to it.

I had our local game on and we were down 20 by the half. I turned it off, and just accidentally took a nap with my kid on the floor while playing and I'll never forget that moment. Ever. Then the kneeling started.... I haven't watched since.

Was at my parents house this past weekend and she asked who was playing. I said I knew the Patriots were in because I had heard about Brady. Didn't even know he switched teams. I didn't know what team the most recognizable, accoladed player in history was on. :laughter:

Had a great time making dinner and playing with the kids last nite, we painted a wooden truck. I heard Brady won? Nah, my family and I won.

I used to be really big into football, watched my team every week, spent many Sundays at the bar, Fantasy Football, on my app to watch "my team"...

In 2017, the amount of commercials had grown - sometimes 10 minutes between plays (TD, commercials to review touchdown, lame Xtra point then commercials, lame and neutered kickoff return and commercial). Ridiculous. Combined with my team being bad for years. So I was already pretty apathetic to it.

I had our local game on and we were down 20 by the half. I turned it off, and just accidentally took a nap with my kid on the floor while playing and I'll never forget that moment. Ever. Then the kneeling started.... I haven't watched since.

Was at my parents house this past weekend and she asked who was playing. I said I knew the Patriots were in because I had heard about Brady. Didn't even know he switched teams. I didn't know what team the most recognizable, accoladed player in history was on. :laughter:

Had a great time making dinner and playing with the kids last nite, we painted a wooden truck. I heard Brady won? Nah, my family and I won.

I grew up watching sports and playing at a somewhat high level in a certain sport. I had classmates and teammates who were drafted in the professional league but nobody I knew made it on a professional roster. People watch professional sports for various reasons such as knowing the inside game behind what the players are doing or to escape a long day of work.

Sometime around 2011 I stopped watching football specifically because the commercials got long. 10 minute commercial breaks are crazy, I don't know who has time to sit down for games that are hitting 3 hours. And don't get me started on the kneeling. I've never seen anybody make a political statement on their employer's dime. If they wanted to do it on their time I wouldn't have cared.

I think the wokeness propaganda is an attempt at swaying the youth who are distracted by every app on their phone.

I heard Brady won? Nah, my family and I won.

I said something along the lines of Pacquio and Mayweather were the real winners years ago and got laughed at. You're participating in circus for the masses. Meanwhile the bankers loot this country. The kicker is if you live in a city where professional teams play you are subsidizing them. So even ignoring them doesn't work.

MajorStyles

Pelican
Mahomes is the messiah of the (((sports media))). They believe that he's arrived to save their narratives, which have been relegated to discussing white goyim quarterbacks that continually lift Super Bowl MVP trophies. It's hard to keep white men in their place as dutiful cucks when some Chad QB is continually throwing touchdown passes in the big game every year.

Imagine the hatred that is boiling inside of Max Kellerman this morning. I can assure you that last night was a living hell for him, being reminded that - despite his efforts - a natural reality exists that's beyond his control. Really, looking inside the souls of these people would be equivalent to visiting the inside of a hot dog factory: you would become nauseated.

Towgunner

Woodpecker
I didn't watch a second of the super bowl. I know Tom Brady won and that's a good thing. Brady was taking heat because he's a white man and a subdued but unapologetic Trump supporter. At least that's what we can surmise from the headlines. Truth is, I think, that Tom Brady is one of the best football players in all history. Not like that really means all that much. The flack he's getting goes beyond his Trump connection and maybe a maskless incident or something like that. This is about excellence and jealousy. Never mind the petty jealousy from fans other than Patriots (and now Buc's), that's understandable. I mean people just jealous because they're not a multi-super bowl winning quarterback. That's why Brady will be increasingly criticized however long he remains in the NFL.

Consider this contrast. The typical Chiefs fan covered in cheesey-poofs, nachos and stale beer lamenting about their loss is pathetic. Fair enough. But, once upon a time when this place was normal, such a thing would have been more palatable. So, I'm inclined to give a benefit of the doubt relative to this cretin. Here's the real malcontents. Whinny sjw blue haired obese people incapable of playing football even as a pick-up game who are jealous of Tom Brady because they don't have what he has. In my opinion the latter if far more pathetic than the first.

I saw "they" had the NFLs female "ref" officiating the game...that's no accident. The superbowl is like a host for various parasites looking to leverage its popularity for their own gain. I doubt this female ref was there because of her ref'ing acumen. I doubt she became a ref because she was qualified, even if she is. There's been this incessant push to make football, which is otherwise a very meritocratic institution, into this all things for all people type of a thing. Especially for more women to get involved. Yet, football is one of those games that very clearly distinguishes the line between male and female. Practically all women would simply die if they participated in a professional football game, but then again, most people would too. Can't have that. No, can't have that. After all, we're all just a blank slate and all completely equal, aren't we? And if this is true then not only is a Tom Brady person too good he really can't exist because if he does then he that must mean equality or is it equity cannot exist.

All this just reminds me of the sort of perverse paradigm we're unfortunately living in. Merit is the enemy. Heck, I just read this morning that in good old SFO, a school administer just declared merit to be racist and to end all gifted programs or schools. Whatever. Its about reducing people down to a common denominator, ahem, the lowest common denominator. The Superbowl used to personify that. Its sad to see how low this has gotten.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
"The Middle" (Jeep commercial)

I don't care what Bruce Springsteen says. Ad is deceptive. As a Christian, we should not meet in the middle with a bunch of evil leftists. They have assaulted, threatened & harassed Trump voters/supporters; burned down the cities and businesses (BLMs & Antifas); Big Tech censorship on Conservatives; and the list goes on. Where was Bruce when all of that happened? Why didn't he speak out on those?

And they want us to meet in "The Middle"? No...they can take their "unity" and shove it...

Last edited:
"The Middle" (Jeep commercial)

I don't care what Bruce Springsteen says. Ad is deceptive. As a Christian, we should not meet in the middle with a bunch of evil leftists. They have assaulted, threatened & harassed Trump voters/supporters; burned down the cities and businesses (BLMs & Antifas); Big Tech censorship on Conservatives; and the list goes on. Where was Bruce when all of that happened? Why didn't he speak out on those?

And they want us to meet in "The Middle"? No...they can take their "unity" and shove it...
And yet, judging by the Twitter reactions this morning, the 'overt Christianity' of the commercial was outright the most triggering part of the whole SB spectacle.

Towgunner

Woodpecker
Anyone have any thoughts on the commercials? I absolutely did not watch one commercial. I did hear that corporations were going to hold back from any political messaging this year.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
He's not Jewish.
Can confirm he isn't Jewish (is/was Catholic) although he shouldn't be trusted because of the (((people in his circle))) that he's associated with for years.

godfather dust

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Can confirm he isn't Jewish (is/was Catholic) although he shouldn't be trusted because of the (((people in his circle))) that he's associated with for years.

He shouldn't be trusted because the Jewish record companies push him as the "working class Joe Plumber rock star everyman." He's never worked a blue collar job and mixes in subtle messages that are antithetical to the way the vast majority of the working class think and experience life.

He does not get to be our spokesman any more than, say, Michael Moore.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
The vast majority of people are always followers. Under a right wing nationalist government, Michael Moore and Bruce Springsteen would be happily and passionately making white propaganda films and singing about fascism. The leadership is the real enemy.

There was no "trustworthiness" issue with Tokyo Rose. These people are merely doing what they are told, under the rules and values and mores that they are told to have, as the vast majority of society does. At least Tokyo Rose was a true patriot for her own people!

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
Brady is a Trump supporter (he has golfed with Trump in the past, I believe) but he has chosen not to talk about it so he can concentrate on football, I guess. However, it was obvious he was subtly trolling the Blue nation last night by not even trying to wear a mask the entire evening. He knew when he got off the bus before the game that the cameras would be focusing right on him and, he wasn't even carrying a mask in his hand. I'm sure he's aware that openly defying the mask fascists is a clear political message nowadays.