The NFL is dying

Mortay

Sparrow
"The Middle" (Jeep commercial)

I don't care what Bruce Springsteen says. Ad is deceptive. As a Christian, we should not meet in the middle with a bunch of evil leftists. They have assaulted, threatened & harassed Trump voters/supporters; burned down the cities and businesses (BLMs & Antifas); Big Tech censorship on Conservatives; and the list goes on. Where was Bruce when all of that happened? Why didn't he speak out on those?

And they want us to meet in "The Middle"? No...they can take their "unity" and shove it...

I saw this commercial and I knew something didn't sit right with me. It felt like a pandering attempt to get middle American Christians to compromise. They try to pull at the heartstrings with American ideals like unity and pulling ourselves up by the bootstraps. Meanwhile, these corporations don't stand by any of these principles. It's just empty rhetoric appealing to boomer conservatives. What seems like an extended olive branch is really an attempt to subdue us and make us come to the table... "Come on guys, we're Americans. Times are tough but we'll pull through. We just gotta meet in the middle." What about their side? Are they meeting in the middle? Are they acknowledging their wrongs? No. The damage they have done is just swept under the rug.

ALSO... What does this have to do with selling Jeeps? I'm getting really tired of being lectured to.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
The vast majority of people are always followers. Under a right wing nationalist government, Michael Moore and Bruce Springsteen would be happily and passionately making white propaganda films and singing about fascism. The leadership is the real enemy.

There was no "trustworthiness" issue with Tokyo Rose. These people are merely doing what they are told, under the rules and values and mores that they are told to have, as the vast majority of society does. At least Tokyo Rose was a true patriot for her own people!
When I saw that commercial, my wife thought it was Springsteen, but I didn't think it was. I took it at face value as an old school midwestern farmer type guy with a Jeep, and thought it was a straight up decent commercial with no globohomo. Note that my family are big Jeep off-roading enthusiasts. Also note that I had the sound off, as I did for all commercial breaks and the half time, so I didn't hear what they said in the commercial, I only saw the visuals.

What's funny is that is seemed like a surprisingly decent commercial when I didn't think it was Springsteen, but now that I know it was him, I assume the commercial was subversive.

estraudi

Pelican
Gold Member
That's fair, but Mahomes struggled behind an offensive line missing its 2 starting tackles, and the zebras really want to bat for Tampa. So I wouldn't say fair and square because the officiating wasn't even. But I will concede that Tampa's defense would have been the difference regardless.
Excuses are for losers.
Defense is for champions.
Mahomes scrambles for everything anyways so whatever ogre he was missing from his O-Line still doesn't matter. They were injured because of mahomes. Scrambling like that always leaves your linemen susceptible to stupid injuries having to run for 15 seconds vs. blocking for 5 seconds.

I think the game was surely as fair as one can get when the other team is busy chimping out and making costly mistakes. If you have to blame the refs even in a blow out then that team didn't belong in that game afterall.
Brady got to them and they knew they were going to get beat by the GOAT. They played so childish and timid.

Brady is a Trump supporter (he has golfed with Trump in the past, I believe) but he has chosen not to talk about it so he can concentrate on football, I guess. However, it was obvious he was subtly trolling the Blue nation last night by not even trying to wear a mask the entire evening. He knew when he got off the bus before the game that the cameras would be focusing right on him and, he wasn't even carrying a mask in his hand. I'm sure he's aware that openly defying the mask fascists is a clear political message nowadays.
Not sure what he did all season but he was like that during the playoffs. The NFC championship he was blatantly maskless, especially with post game stuff. Loved it!

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
Not sure what he did all season but he was like that during the playoffs. The NFC championship he was blatantly maskless, especially with post game stuff. Loved it!
TB12's Book on lifestyle, nutrition and post game training plus key supplements like vitamins, minerals and hydroxychloroquine and zinc - negates the need for the mRNA vaccine that killed Hank Aaron and makes young men and women sterile and causes cytokine storms if actually exposed to active Covid mutations - that is Dr. Evil FooManChoocis, Bill Gates, and the CCPs wet dream for Georgia Guide Stones depopulation of the west.

OBTW now that OrangeManBad gone appears the science is now reporting positive results on hydroxychloroquine and zinc - funny how that happens.

God was kind to me - I got to see two TB12 touch down passes to the Gronkosaurus Rex, 1 to Antonio Brown and a Chiefs team overdawgs spanked 31 to 9 with Tyreek Hill triple teamed and Kelce double teamed with Brady dissecting Spags all blitz all the time Chiefs defense with Mahomie scrambling to avoid a half dozen more sacks that those he took. Lots of dumb no discipline penalties by the Chiefs as well.

After Brady defeated Brees in NOLA and Rodgers in Green Bay he is now the 7 time Super Bowl G.O.A.T. - likely he is thinking 3 more rings gives him two fist fulls. Plus my Cardano spiked from .03 cents a year and a half ago up to .71 for a 20 bagger on superbowl sunday - sold 75% at half time for a stack of BTC Sats and all up more today... icing on the Brady cake - life is good for the Old Nuke Boats diver and driver.

Hypno

Crow
Excuses are for losers.
Defense is for champions.
Mahomes scrambles for everything anyways so whatever ogre he was missing from his O-Line still doesn't matter. They were injured because of mahomes. Scrambling like that always leaves your linemen susceptible to stupid injuries having to run for 15 seconds vs. blocking for 5 seconds.

I think the game was surely as fair as one can get when the other team is busy chimping out and making costly mistakes. If you have to blame the refs even in a blow out then that team didn't belong in that game afterall.
Brady got to them and they knew they were going to get beat by the GOAT. They played so childish and timid.

I really don't care about either team. But KC got flagged for taunting Brady, but then Brady later did the same thing and didn't get flagged.

I was hoping for a better contest but the officiating really ruined the game for me.

Athanasius

Pelican
I saw this commercial and I knew something didn't sit right with me. It felt like a pandering attempt to get middle American Christians to compromise. They try to pull at the heartstrings with American ideals like unity and pulling ourselves up by the bootstraps. Meanwhile, these corporations don't stand by any of these principles. It's just empty rhetoric appealing to boomer conservatives. What seems like an extended olive branch is really an attempt to subdue us and make us come to the table... "Come on guys, we're Americans. Times are tough but we'll pull through. We just gotta meet in the middle." What about their side? Are they meeting in the middle? Are they acknowledging their wrongs? No. The damage they have done is just swept under the rug.

ALSO... What does this have to do with selling Jeeps? I'm getting really tired of being lectured to.

You really have to hope more people are seeing how those who robbed them of their right to representation urge unity on them. What is this unity we get here in "the middle?" Censorship, threats, anarcho-tyranny, endless globohomo propaganda, and the destruction of heritage America and its history.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
It's part of their marketing strategy to target a specific audience. In this case, they are targeting people on the Right - Christians, Republicans, Conservatives, middle class, etc. - who have jobs & money to afford a new Jeep.

Leftists just want freebies. Like the $2K freebie check from the Federal Government.

MajorStyles

Pelican
He shouldn't be trusted because the Jewish record companies push him as the "working class Joe Plumber rock star everyman." He's never worked a blue collar job and mixes in subtle messages that are antithetical to the way the vast majority of the working class think and experience life.

He does not get to be our spokesman any more than, say, Michael Moore.

As an aside, have you ever met anybody that was actually a Bruce Springsteen fan? Like many people here, I've been following music my whole life. Yet I can only think of one person that I've known who was actually a Springsteen FAN: she was a quirky librarian lady. I mean, I've met people that were rabid fans of A LOT of artists/bands: i.e. Van Halen, Elvis, Grateful Dead, Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, Morrissey, Metallica, etc. But for a man of Springsteen's fame, you would think that he would have more genuine fans. But my personal experience contradicts this.

As you alluded to, his success seems to be - at least in part - based on the desire to create a working-class persona and then cash in on the product.

Also, for what it's worth, the guy is 71 and still sees a therapist on a regular basis. I don't know if I want to establish a "middle ground" with somebody like that, but my gut tells me no.

Last edited:

FrancisK

Woodpecker
Gold Member
As an aside, have you ever met anybody that was actually a Bruce Springsteen fan? Like many people here, I've been following music my whole life. Yet I can only think of one person that I've known who was actually a Springsteen FAN: she was a quirky librarian lady. I mean, I've met people that were rabid fans of A LOT of artists/bands: i.e. Van Halen, Elvis, Grateful Dead, Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, Morrissey, Metallica, etc. But for a man of Springsteen's fame, you would think that he would have more genuine fans. But my personal experience contradicts this.

As you alluded to, his success seems to be - at least in part - based on the desire to create a working-class persona and then cash in on the product.

Also, for what it's worth, the guy is 71 and still sees a therapist on a regular basis. I don't know if I want to establish a "middle ground" with somebody like that, but my gut tells me no.

You’re right, I don’t think I’ve ever once heard somebody say “yea I’m a huge Springsteen fan” but he’s talked about like he’s some cult icon. People know his hits but that’s about it, never heard anyone rave about him like they do about any other musicians.

stugatz

Pelican
I'd consider myself a Springsteen fan to a point - but his music can grate on me. I consider him just to be a more overbearing version of Bob Dylan with a horn section.

I have definitely met obsessed fans, though, who get mad if I ever say Born to Run is an overrated album (it is).