The NFL is dying

CSFurious

Pigeon
Can confirm he isn't Jewish (is/was Catholic) although he shouldn't be trusted because of the (((people in his circle))) that he's associated with for years.

He definitely acts Jewish. I need to do better research.

Zanardi

Woodpecker
Fantastic. Though I can't say I'm all that surprised. The popularity of the NFL has been declining for a while now, which is incredible. In the not so distant past, I would have never thought the NFL would ever lose one fan. It seemed so permanent, so unmoving. To see not only a decline but a significant decline at that, really speaks to something amiss and not just with the NFL but with society at large.

Of course, there's no doubt this is due to the politicization of the league. Given the popularity of this sport I feel like one really has to try hard to make it less popular. And in many ways godell did and is doing this with a gusto. The nfl seems to be under the same influence and false promises that many other companies are too. They're not only ignoring their core clients but in many instance outright insulting them, as is the case with the nfl. I imagine they're listening to some aggrieved studies graduate telling them how much more money they'd make if only they open up to this specific group, in the case of football, that would be mostly women. The rank and file nfl fan is a typical American man. Women have, at best, tangential interest in the game.

Kneeling during the National Anthem did not go over very well with their core demographic, many of whom were veterans. But, full stop, why do I feel like this is some undiscovered insight that the NFL was never privy too before? If that wasn't bad enough, the advertisements are insufferable. Here you have a very captive audience of men, so, it follows to advertise to this base. Yet, what I see are jabs against men and the ever present injection of the strong/I'm just as good, I'm so much better than you female content that literally is not an advertisement but propaganda. The recent ads (maybe from a year or two ago) that came from a football association (pushing football in general) include all girl teams? What? No, no. We're in La-La land now. And why? Why is it so darn important to push this? And what good has it done? The league is declining as a result of all this. No amount of social engineering and care-bear stares will change the natural audience for football, as such, this is a monumental waste of time and resources. But, after all I've seen and endured from this league, I'm at the point where its like just let them ruin themselves. They lost me and millions of others and they have themselves to blame.

As mentioned in a previous post I was literally getting anxiety leading up to this game, because I knew it was going to be offensive. Ditto for the olympics, which from what I can gather is going to be worship ceremony for homosexuals.

Message to all for profit corporations, 1-2% of the population is less than 99-98% of the population, therefore, you're much better off cultivating your customers in the 98-99% cohort. Just a thought though.

I watched a few times American Football but had to quit soon because of the time zone difference and because I found out that I love soccer much more than football. But what you wrote here really amazes me. If it's so, then the NFL deserves its fate. This never happens in Europe.

Renzy

Pelican
Washington Football Team replaces cheerleaders with coed dance squad

ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Football Team has discontinued its cheerleader program after more than 50 years, replacing it with a coed dance squad as part of its rebranding effort.

The team had announced last month that the cheerleader program was paused while it decided what direction the rebranding would take. Petra Pope, hired by the team as a senior adviser focused on creating game-day entertainment, said the goal is to create a "more modern franchise."

"With that comes inclusivity, diversity and in my mind, as an entertainer, athleticism," Pope told ESPN by phone. "My desire is to create a team that is all of that -- inclusive, diverse, coed, athletic -- to set the gold standard in the NFL.

Renzy

Pelican
What does "coed squad" actually mean?

It used to mean male and female, but according to Petra Pope, who will be heading the new dance team, it means gender-neutral:

"Fans can expect an experience like none other – a gender-neutral and diverse squad of athletes and dancers whose choreography, costumes, props, tricks and stunts will rival the best entertainment across genres, and really inspire and ‘wow’ our fans"

Her goal is to make sure the dance team “looks like everybody else in 2021."

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
It used to mean male and female, but according to Petra Pope, who will be heading the new dance team, it means gender-neutral:

"Fans can expect an experience like none other – a gender-neutral and diverse squad of athletes and dancers whose choreography, costumes, props, tricks and stunts will rival the best entertainment across genres, and really inspire and ‘wow’ our fans"

Her goal is to make sure the dance team looks like everybody else in 2021."
Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron writ large

Fattie coed cheerleaders instead of

Dallas_Cowboys_Squad_1989.jpg

Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders 1989

Cant have fatties or fags feeling left out or bad about themselves

This topic like increasingly many others could go under "Get woke, go broke" or "Clown World" threads

Slim Shady

Ostrich
Gold Member
Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron writ large

Fattie coed cheerleaders instead of

Dallas_Cowboys_Squad_1989.jpg

Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders 1989

Cant have fatties or fags feeling left out or bad about themselves

This topic like increasingly many others could go under "Get woke, go broke" or "Clown World" threads
Wow, thank you for that book recommendation. Those sci fi writers, man, I’m so glad I grew up inhaling 20th century sci fi as a kid. It’s all been written.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Good science fiction is extremely hard to pull off (especially in filmaking).

Vonneguts stuff , fiction or non ficttion, really resonated with mel Too pessimistic I suppose

But youre right. Many of the great SciFi writers had an almost uncanny ability to see where technology and human nature would collide and extrapolate many precise outcomes

Castelnau

Kingfisher
NFL just signed deals worth 100 billion for 11 years with Amazon, ABC, ESPN, CBS and FOX. They would be a viable league even if they did away with live spectators permanently.

The National Football League has finalized its new 11-year media rights agreement with a pact that will run through 2033 and could be worth over $100 billion.

The league announced Thursday it’s renewing TV rights with all of its existing broadcast partners and adding Amazon Prime Video as an exclusive partner for its Thursday Night Football package. It’s the first time a streaming service will carry a full package of games exclusively. Amazon is paying about $1 billion per year, according to people familiar with the matter. Amazon’s deal runs 10 years and begins in 2023.

ViacomCBS, Fox and Comcast (which owns NBCUniversal) are all paying more than $2 billion per year for their 11-year-long packages, while Disney (which owns ESPN and ABC) will pay around $2.7 billion annually, according to people familiar with the matter. Using these numbers, the NFL’s new agreement projects to be more than $100 billion -- the richest U.S. sports league media deal.

I don't think they're dying quite yet.

FrancisK

Woodpecker
Gold Member
NFL just signed deals worth 100 billion for 11 years with Amazon, ABC, ESPN, CBS and FOX. They would be a viable league even if they did away with live spectators permanently.

I don't think they're dying quite yet.

While I don’t believe the NFL is necessarily dying this is more a product of live TV being the only thing worth throwing advertising dollars at on tv anymore. It doesn’t really reflect the strength of the league itself as much as it simply reflects that shift along with money pretty much seeming to be at an endless supply lately....while other topic there. The NFL I feel like had a much stronger base 10 or so years ago and dumb little kids now care much more about memes, video games and smoking weed now.....sports is an afterthought whereas for most of us growing up sports and physical competition was almost a necessity.

I like sports and I know all sports but I don’t put anything into them past entertainment value, they don’t pay my bills and they don’t care about me for me to be some weirdo loser crazy about a team that wouldn’t piss on me if I was on fire. The guys who lose their minds over a team or player are pathetic to me, I was once like that about baseball which I now find pretty embarrassing looking back on it.

The NFL is probably the last sport which displays masculinity and at least some tiny bit of rebellion against the feminist, fag and tranny show, as much as the league itself tries to portray the direct opposite. Beyond the black players acting like the world owes them something of course, but that’s how most black people act regardless of sport or not.

Now the NBA, wow I really have no idea how such a huge business could be so tone deaf to think they aren’t shooting themselves in the foot with what they are doing. Baseball and Hockey have pretty much stayed out of it as much as they can but that has more to do with their waning relevance more than them actually standing up to it, they are not targets for multiple reasons beyond just that as well.

homersheineken

Kingfisher
The NFL is probably the last sport which displays masculinity and at least some tiny bit of rebellion against the feminist, fag and tranny show, as much as the league itself tries to portray the direct opposite. Beyond the black players acting like the world owes them something of course, but that’s how most black people act regardless of sport or not.
Have you seen the pink shoes and uniforms?

Have you seen the new 'cheerleaders'?

iu

They've fully embraced feminism and the fag and tranny show.

Although it looks like a lot of money (it is @ $9B/year). It's not really more than before.

Last year they made $8B and that was without Amazon contributing much. This year they paid bigly for the Thursday nite games, so that's going to account for most of the increase.

This announcement reads more like a promo piece than a bit of news.

FrancisK

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Have you seen the pink shoes and uniforms?

Have you seen the new 'cheerleaders'?

iu

They've fully embraced feminism and the fag and tranny show.

Although it looks like a lot of money (it is @ $9B/year). It's not really more than before.

Last year they made $8B and that was without Amazon contributing much. This year they paid bigly for the Thursday nite games, so that's going to account for most of the increase.

This announcement reads more like a promo piece than a bit of news.

Yea I know I’ve seen it, the league itself is playing along....no idea why since none of their fans are liberals but yea still playing along. The thing is the players are not the ones pushing for it the way NBA players are, it’s the league....which again is odd but nothing makes sense anymore anyway.

homersheineken

Kingfisher
"The Middle" (Jeep commercial)

I don't care what Bruce Springsteen says. Ad is deceptive. As a Christian, we should not meet in the middle with a bunch of evil leftists. They have assaulted, threatened & harassed Trump voters/supporters; burned down the cities and businesses (BLMs & Antifas); Big Tech censorship on Conservatives; and the list goes on. Where was Bruce when all of that happened? Why didn't he speak out on those?

And they want us to meet in "The Middle"? No...they can take their "unity" and shove it...

They took down the Woke jeep commercial.

Why? Wasn't it a great vehicle to deliver SJWism?

Just how bad were the comments and thumbs down?

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
They took down the Woke jeep commercial.

Why? Wasn't it a great vehicle to deliver SJWism?

Just how bad were the comments and thumbs down?

How awkward. Looks like the Jeep company took it down because he got arrested for DWI last fall.

Bruce Springsteen's call for unity has been canceled, as Jeep removed their Superbowl campaign with the singer-songwriter following news of his arrest.

The Born To Run singer was booked on November 14th, 2020, though the news officially broke earlier today.

Jeep has pulled their commercial entitled The Middle ft Bruce Springsteen from Youtube, as their page now reads: “Video unavailable. This video is private.”

The car company not only axed the video from the streaming platform, but they also rid their own website and Twitter from the New Jersey native.

The advertisement first aired during the Super Bowl LV game on Sunday, and featured Bruce offering a call-to-action to the American people.

The E Street Band alum asked viewers to "meet in the middle" in order to push aside the conflict and controversy that has divided the country of late.

homersheineken

Kingfisher
How awkward. Looks like the Jeep company took it down because he got arrested for DWI last fall.

I see, they made a commercial with him, shown it to the world in February and then claim to take it down due to a DUI from 3 months prior.

:D