The NFL is dying

CDRhodes

Sparrow
My dad still stays riveted to this garbage. He tells me all about the latest Buccaneers trade deal or what happened at the Braves games, despite me telling him on multiple occasions that I don’t watch it and don’t care. I suppose that’s just part of his generation and he can’t let it go. He’s smart enough to see what it is, but like an addict, he’s trapped. Why should I spend 8-10 hours a week watching overplayed athletes play a game to make billionaires even more wealthy when I can spend that time lifting weights, grappling, or spending time with my family? Makes no sense. Even if the NFL and MLB went fully based tomorrow I still wouldn’t watch. My time on this earth is limited and I have better ways to spend it.

My dad still stays riveted to this garbage. He tells me all about the latest Buccaneers trade deal or what happened at the Braves games, despite me telling him on multiple occasions that I don’t watch it and don’t care. I suppose that’s just part of his generation and he can’t let it go. He’s smart enough to see what it is, but like an addict, he’s trapped. Why should I spend 8-10 hours a week watching overplayed athletes play a game to make billionaires even more wealthy when I can spend that time lifting weights, grappling, or spending time with my family? Makes no sense. Even if the NFL and MLB went fully based tomorrow I still wouldn’t watch. My time on this earth is limited and I have better ways to spend it.

I would just sit him down and say, "look, if you want to waste your time following that trash that is your business, I don't give two shits about who got traded to where for what, and I certainly don't want the how and why of it. Stop disrespecting me and stop wasting my time."

CDRhodes

Sparrow
I would just sit him down and say, "look, if you want to waste your time following that trash that is your business, I don't give two shits about who got traded to where for what, and I certainly don't want the how and why of it. Stop disrespecting me and stop wasting my time."
He’s the man who taught me how to fish, fight, and wrench on a car. He’s held my head while I vomited with food poisoning. He listened to me when I was distraught by the end of my first marriage. He’s never once let me down. I love and respect him with every fiber of my being. I don’t care about sports and I’ve told him that. He knows I don’t watch it and why. But if that’s what he wants to talk about, I’m going to listen. He’s my dad and he won’t be here in 10 years at the latest.