The Owen Benjamin Thread

RedPillUK

Pelican
This guy has been livestreaming like a madman every day recently. I have been enjoying his streams but today he was banned from live streaming by Youtube for 'pornography'.

A David Attenborough BBC clip of monkeys having sex posted two years ago that was part of one his comedy videos.. :dodgy: That is the pornography that he was banned for.

Roosh tweeted about a few hours ago, not sure how to embed it

https://twitter.com/rooshv/status/1040595001451765760

 

SeaFM

Kingfisher
I like the guy. Seems like he’s been derailed even before this. The only guy that will have him on his show anymore is Crowder, and I have to say, the video he made whining about Rogan was pretty weak.

I hope this guy can keep it all together.
 

Thot Leader

Kingfisher
Gold Member
SeaFM said:
I like the guy. Seems like he’s been derailed even before this. The only guy that will have him on his show anymore is Crowder, and I have to say, the video he made whining about Rogan was pretty weak.

I hope this guy can keep it all together.
I think OB was over-emotional when he lashed out at Rogan, but he did make some good points: JR did backstab Stefan Molyneux, and he does look like a thumb.
 
I agree with a lot of what he has to say, but did you see his Anthony Bourdain Suicide response video? He must of took a little too much pre-work before as he's staring into the camera like he's about to murder someone. That in combo with all the sniffling he was doing kinda screamed potential coke usage and he himself kinda let his daddy issues spill out. Still, I agree with most of what he had to say. Vets and those who have been brutally raped and abused are def people I can shed some tears for when it comes to suicide. I'd throw in people who live in chronic physical pain as well. Those living lives of hyper-opulence, such a Bourdain, are giving up too easily.

 

Thot Leader

Kingfisher
Gold Member
USplayer642 said:
What did SM do to have Rogen turn on him? I like Rogen, but he seems to shift his opinions based on who his guest is.
Ana Kasparian went after Adam Carolla, then Stefan made a video explaining how Ana is wrong, then Ana went nuclear on Stef. She had JR on her show and he white knighted for her big time, joining her bashing Stef. I don't think Stef and JR have mentioned each other publicly since then.

Owen said that JR told him in private he shouldn't talk to Stef because he's a cult leader.
 
USplayer642 said:
Especially because it is just transfering all of his problems to his kid, who is now scarred for the rest of their life and is the real victim.
I share the sediment that the kid may not have even been his, given how much of a whore his second wife Ottavia Busia is. She was hanging with other MMA dudes all the time when he was on the road, openly cucking and humiliating him by way of her instagram post. If this kid wasn't even biologically his, it's like after another POS women cheats on you, it's like why would he care if this kid had a father or not when the kid wasn't even his.
 
godfather dust said:
RedPillUK said:
That video was epic. Fuck Anthony Bourdain and suicide is for pussies.
In before "it takes balls to kill yourself, extreme courage" (yes that has been posted on this forum believe it or not.)
It takes balls if you understand the brutality of it. My childhood friend killed his girlfriend in a murder-suicide when he was 22. She was the mother of a 3 year old daughter. He put 5 shots in her and one in his own head. It is monstrous. Yeah. But you have to have balls of steel knowing that after you go through with this act, whatever comes next, be it a landscape of eternal fire, damnation and torture, or pure black nothingness, there aint gonna be any pearly gates.

Also, lots of people are deluded about shooting themselves in the heads. They've watched too many movies and they think it'll be painless and they'll die instantly. Lots of people have survived for hours after shot gunning themselves to the face. Let that sink in.

To have that knowledge and go through with it anyway. ...Takes ball. Or just plain old insanity.
 

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Thot Leader said:
SeaFM said:
I like the guy. Seems like he’s been derailed even before this. The only guy that will have him on his show anymore is Crowder, and I have to say, the video he made whining about Rogan was pretty weak.

I hope this guy can keep it all together.
I think OB was over-emotional when he lashed out at Rogan, but he did make some good points: JR did backstab Stefan Molyneux, and he does look like a thumb.
Did you see Rogan's interview with Molyneux? He was majorly unimpressed from the start, and personally offended that Molyneux was doing videos where he acted like the expert on a man he had never met, Robin Williams, a man who was good friend of Rogan's.

I don't think Rogan was ever on the Molyneux train in the first place, so I cannot see how criticizing him can be seen as backstabbing. White knighting maybe.
 

RedPillUK

Pelican
Echovoid_52 said:
godfather dust said:
RedPillUK said:
That video was epic. Fuck Anthony Bourdain and suicide is for pussies.
In before "it takes balls to kill yourself, extreme courage" (yes that has been posted on this forum believe it or not.)
It takes balls if you understand the brutality of it. My childhood friend killed his girlfriend in a murder-suicide when he was 22. She was the mother of a 3 year old daughter. He put 5 shots in her and one in his own head. It is monstrous. Yeah. But you have to have balls of steel knowing that after you go through with this act, whatever comes next, be it a landscape of eternal fire, damnation and torture, or pure black nothingness, there aint gonna be any pearly gates.

Also, lots of people are deluded about shooting themselves in the heads. They've watched too many movies and they think it'll be painless and they'll die instantly. Lots of people have survived for hours after shot gunning themselves to the face. Let that sink in.

To have that knowledge and go through with it anyway. ...Takes ball. Or just plain old insanity.
 

RedPillUK

Pelican
Before when people got banned for things they normally had something that could pass as a reason. Now we've just seen Alex Jones banned from FB/Twitter/Youtube for ... well, I can't even remember the reason they gave. He was banned from twitter because he was bullying someone on Periscope? Hmm..

Then Roosh's book is banned for offensive content, and nothing was specified as offensive.

And now Owen Benjamin recieves a youtube strike for a two year old video.... for pornography when that content is available on the BBC and youtube anyway. It's from a nature documentary. How is two animals having sex pornography?
This is just a joke nowadays.

I'm fully expecting an even more nonsensical reason being used to ban the next person. Any predictions on what that might be? Maybe styx will get banned from youtube for wearing a jacket without a shirt.
 
If you look at overall what Owen Benjamin is doing (not on a micro level) - he is arguably more courageous than anyone on the internet or in the news right now.

Who else has made it in Hollywood to the extent he had and decided to turn their back on it all because they saw and knew it was so messed up?

Owen had a legit stand up and entertainment career and was travelling the world getting paid huge money.

He had zero reason to do what he is doing now except that he felt he was lying to himself, the world and his values by staying doing what he was doing.

He would have known that if he spoke his mind and doubled down on it he would have lost his career, and all his entertainment friends and connections would have turned their backs on him. That's exactly what's happened too.

The amount of people in the world that if you offered them excess opportunities, women, money, success, basically do whatever they want - the amount of people that could turn that down and go live a basic life - an incredibly small number of people like that exist. I'd say most of the people on this forum couldn't even do that.

The thing about every right winger or red piller you see and hear about is that they didn't have success before you heard about them. They had nothing to lose because they didn't really have much in the first place (except maybe you could argue their freedom and a low profile). They could only go up.

That's the argument some guys make about these women like Lauren Southern, Brittany Pettibone and others - they say that these girls saw a gap in the market on the right with a lack of women (whereas the left seemed crowded and they weren't pretty or talented enough to make it in the mainstream) - and they capitalised on it for success and attention (whether you want to believe that or not)

I have to agree though - the thing that hurts Owen is he comes across as too emotionally involved and crazy in his videos.

He also rants and doesn't always use proper research and sources to back up what he's saying all the time which can make him sound like he's generalising and making things up on the spot.

But, wouldn't anyone have some sort of breakdown and emotional transition period if they lost their entire life and had to adjust to a new life like he has? It would be pretty jarring.

I think overall, if you want to get rid of all the bullshit in this world, you have to allow people that are doing what he is doing some slack.

You have to support them and be understanding, while keeping them accountable.

I always look at a man or woman's actions - Owen has physically sacrificed for his values.

You can't say the same for sure about every other public figure that just talks.
 

RedPillUK

Pelican
Yeah I agree with your post, he has sacrificed for his values but I can't watch his streams anymore because he spends the whole time ranting and is too emotionally involved the entire time. It's like he is new to everything and his rants are a way to figure out things for himself.

It also feels like I'm being lectured to about the news by someone who was only recently red pilled and knows a lot less than me.

Paradoxically, it makes his streams not very funny (apart from an amusing song or two), while Roosh who is wiser and more emotionally detached but not a professional comedian is much funnier.

If he cut out all the rambling, made his videos shorter, and instead came up with more concise stand up style material instead he would be much more entertaining and effective.
 
RedPillUK said:
Yeah I agree with your post, he has sacrificed for his values but I can't watch his streams anymore because he spends the whole time ranting and is too emotionally involved the entire time. It's like he is new to everything and his rants are a way to figure out things for himself.

It also feels like I'm being lectured to about the news by someone who was only recently red pilled and knows a lot less than me.

Paradoxically, it makes his streams not very funny (apart from an amusing song or two), while Roosh who is wiser and more emotionally detached but not a professional comedian is much funnier.

If he cut out all the rambling, made his videos shorter, and instead came up with more concise stand up style material instead he would be much more entertaining and effective.
Completely agree with you.

If I was him I'd even have two channels - one purely for comedy and joking around so people can relax and watch them as a way to unwind, and one that is full of short to-the-point researched videos on things like social, political and other issues so people can get their information hit without wasting time. At least people would know what to expect and can trust what they are watching.

Right now as a viewer you watch an hour or 2 hours of randomness. I don't have the time or mental energy anymore to watch his stuff because of it.
 
Top