The Owen Benjamin Thread

Yatagan

Pelican
Gold Member
Aurini said:
Looking for an excuse to attack him, they latch on to the Unauthorized.tv venture that he and Vox Day are engaged in. Initially they mentioned that they wanted to have live comments on the streams; this feature has yet to be implemented. The Gammas claim that this means that Vox and Owen are fraudulent scammers.

Nope, it's over how they claimed unauthorized was supposed to be a streaming site with it's own servers and after a year, not only is there no streaming, but it turned out the videos on it were merely embedded ones hosted on vimeo and played through a player on plyr.io This revelation caused a huge rift amongst the "bears", which is what a lot of this drama is over, particularly with how he moved over to dlive instead of ua.tv to stream, after getting kicked off youtube.


Vox is also mad over an insider of his(that's subscribed to ua.tv) leaked info to "Davey Crocko", who he has been threatening with lawsuits lately.


As far as Owen goes, I'm not sure if he's really aware of the technical workings of ua.tv and what's really going on as far as that is concerned(iirc Vox says he doesn't discuss it with him).
 

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Wow, this is wild. I saw Vox was throwing another hissy fit about trolls but didn't really care to dig into it since I got tired of Owen Benjamin after watching him for a couple months, and didn't care much for drama surrounding him.

In regards to Vox Day, I guess we shouldn't be surprised that a guy who can't even complete his big fantasy novel (several years after releasing an unfinished version) is just using smoke and mirrors for his video service. I recall reading that his "Alt-Hero" movie trailer (which struck me more as a trailer for Vox Day based on all the weird congratulatory remarks) was also cobbled together from clips of other movies.

Alright, to change topic back to Owen Benjamin: guys like him, and Vox, and Stefan Molyneux, and Gonzalo Lira, etc. attract these large followings from impressionable guys seeking the stern, authoritative father figure with all the answers that they never had. They like rallying behind someone who seems like a leader, because they're never been part of a movement with a leader before, who would tell them what to do and what to think. Like it or not, the vast majority of men need someone to lead and direct them. Some people, like Molyneux, Lira, and our own Roosh have a strong charisma and presence on camera so I'm not surprised they attract a following, but others are just baffling. Vox is worse on video than anybody else on the Dissident Right, and Owen comes across as pure, unchained crazy. The above explanation is the only hypothesis that makes sense of these guys having huge followings/viewerships (along with many others on YouTube, across a variety of topics.)

Listening to Owen is a weird experience because I have plenty of similar views to him and admire his homesteader lifestyle - heck, I would probably have fun hanging out with him - but his videos are a bunch of crazed, incoherent rambling about whatever passes through his head, and no idea is too crazy for his tastes. It feels like listening to pure, unfiltered id. But he sounds authoritative, so people buy in. I don't think he's a bad guy at all, but I doubt he's really equipped to lead a movement. I think he could be a good teacher and video producer with some more discipline, but right now I'm not seeing it.

-----

I used to be a surrogate-dad-seeker, about 8-10 years ago, but eventually I realized that it's a misguided impulse, every bit as wrongheaded as sleeping with thots in an attempt to fill one's void of emotional intimacy. Guys like Vox couldn't possibly care less about me (and let's be real, why should he? ) The "connection" is completely one-sided and imaginary. That doesn't mean you can't get valuable insights from them, but you don't need to buy into every single thing they do. What I realized instead is that, even if he's a lot quieter and less boisterous than dissident right didacts, my own Dad is actually really great and time spent doing things with him is much better than time wasted pretending to be a Vox Day minion.

Not to say there aren't plenty of figures I still admire, like Z Man, Ramzpaul, or our own Roosh - but the relationship is quite different. Roosh lacks the ego of those other guys. I see him more like a peer, a fellow traveler on a similar journey, than a fake dad figure. Roosh has the humility many others lack, and for him faith in Christ is the entire impetus for the journey, rather than just a means to his desired end (like Vox Day.)
 

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
^@HA Pretty much said everything I wanted to say.

A vast chunk of the manosphere and the dissident Right for that matter is made up of fatherless lost boys (who have an extremely high chance of occupying the gamma scale).

They want to think they're looking for a leader when really they're looking for a dad. Now you can imagine how some of them react when they attempt to interact with their new "leader" (dad) and get no special attention whatsoever. Much like a child it results in increasingly bad behaviour in a desperate attempt to get that attention.

Vox is not an idiot. He understands this dynamic on some level but if he were honest about it then he would lose a really big chunk of his audience. Same with Owen and Molyneux.

If in doubt then ask yourself, are the majority of these guys looking for marching orders or simply affirmation of their existence? The fastest way for a dissident Right thought leader to lose the vast majority of his so-called followers is to start every video and podcast with "do 10 push-ups a day or gtfo". Most of these dudes couldn't hack having a properly masculine father much less a leader telling them to climb out of the trench and charge through no man's land.
 
Everyone needs to overcome their desire to demand that decent-ish leader-ey men be infallible heroes and Gods.

Let them be good at what they are good at, and follow them in that endeavor only (if you can truly serve whatever cause that is), only for as long as they continue to be good at it. Then instead of casting them aside once they cease to excel, thank them for their service and honor them in your words and in your heart for the good they brought you... and get on with your life.

Doing something like this would stop ex-RVFers from lashing out at Roosh for the change in direction, would stop Owen's former "bears" from acting like entitled babies, and would stop Owen from ridiculously attacking guys like Jordan Peterson.

I guess I'm just really lucky that my Dad loves and respects me, I love and respect him, he performed as a wise authority figure while raising me and then we transitioned into a deep friendship now that I am an adult. I've let him down many times as a son, and he's let me down as a father, and it has never dented our relationship one bit because we never once had the expectation that either of us was supposed to be perfect.
 
Athanasius said:
Brief change of subject. I asked this on another thread and no one answered... What is the significance of them calling Ben Shapiro "Shapiru?"

It is an inside joke and it came from the supposed mandela effect regarding Franco Columbu/o
 

Athanasius

Pelican
Father-hunger is a big problem wrought by the sexual revolution. I'm blessed to have had a decent one. Obviously God is the ultimate Father to seek, but I'd also counsel these young men lacking earthly fathers to seek a mature, respected man (e.g. an elder or pastor) at their local church instead of seeking it from internet personalities.

You learn quickly in a marriage that extending grace to others is important. Forgive, that you may be forgiven. And really to take it in stride when people disappoint you. All men, even great ones, will sin or let you down here and there in ways that surprise you.
 

VNvet

Kingfisher
Leonard D Neubache said:
^@HA Pretty much said everything I wanted to say.

A vast chunk of the manosphere and the dissident Right for that matter is made up of fatherless lost boys (who have an extremely high chance of occupying the gamma scale).

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if most of the guys that melted down during the forum changes hailed from single mom homes. All the PUA types with 100+ "notches" that I've met have come from single-mom homes. Must be a coincidence or something.

Those guys also act in a manner almost indistinguishable from homosexuals with their constant grooming, unhealthy focus on appearance, approval seeking behavior, and needless drama.

In other words, the "manosphere" is mostly full of men that are basically homosexuals, so this is simply par for the course. I'm sure some of the supposed "thought leaders" are actual homosexuals as well.

Honestly, TPTB likely designed it this way. To what extent they designed it, I'm not certain. It's safe to assume men like Jordan Peterson and Joe Rogan are not the only false thought leaders of the "Male, 18-35, lift weights, anit-clown" part of the internet.
 

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Some will evolve. Most will default to the status of lolcows looking for their next meme or internet drama. I'm persistently bamboozled by the number of guys in the manosphere screeching about that rapid advance of government oppression or the minority menace yet they don't even own a gun.

Even in America!

D1jPKyQLTM.gif


As noted elsewhere. It's like you're in the meeting for the disgruntled dudes club, and after a couple of hours of disgruntled gruntling you suggest that the people responsible for the great disgruntling might take everyone more seriously if they cached supplies, did some PT, learned how to cold-bore a shot from 100-1000 yards and started living in at least one other dude's pocket for teamwork.

everyone-leaving-while-joan-roger-don-ted-pete-watch.gif


:laugh:

Never recruit from the internet.
 

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Don't forget, if you want Vox to sound halfway normal, speed up his videos. It's like seeing a kid with a cleft lip after surgery. Amazing transformation.
 

Athanasius

Pelican
VNvet said:
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if most of the guys that melted down during the forum changes hailed from single mom homes. All the PUA types with 100+ "notches" that I've met have come from single-mom homes. Must be a coincidence or something.

Those guys also act in a manner almost indistinguishable from homosexuals with their constant grooming, unhealthy focus on appearance, approval seeking behavior, and needless drama.

In other words, the "manosphere" is mostly full of men that are basically homosexuals, so this is simply par for the course. I'm sure some of the supposed "thought leaders" are actual homosexuals as well.

You make a solid point, with the addendum that the lack of a father can play out in different ways. Some boys sexualize that desire for male bonding and turn homosexual. I read an article years years- not for the squeamish- by a repentant homosexual who said that when he was deep in to the lifestyle, he remembered getting rogered by some other man and just thinking that the guy couldn't go deep enough to meet the bond he desired.

Other men become toxic and out-of-control aggressive, such as in the hood. It's a duty of fatherhood to toughen kids up and also let them deal with the consequences of their mistakes. But another key duty is to instill a desire for self-control and self-discipline. We instinctively admire the John Wayne or Robert E Lee archetype for a reason.
 

911

Peacock
Gold Member
Athanasius said:
VNvet said:
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if most of the guys that melted down during the forum changes hailed from single mom homes. All the PUA types with 100+ "notches" that I've met have come from single-mom homes. Must be a coincidence or something.

Those guys also act in a manner almost indistinguishable from homosexuals with their constant grooming, unhealthy focus on appearance, approval seeking behavior, and needless drama.

In other words, the "manosphere" is mostly full of men that are basically homosexuals, so this is simply par for the course. I'm sure some of the supposed "thought leaders" are actual homosexuals as well.

You make a solid point, with the addendum that the lack of a father can play out in different ways. Some boys sexualize that desire for male bonding and turn homosexual. I read an article years years- not for the squeamish- by a repentant homosexual who said that when he was deep in to the lifestyle, he remembered getting rogered by some other man and just thinking that the guy couldn't go deep enough to meet the bond he desired.

Other men become toxic and out-of-control aggressive, such as in the hood. It's a duty of fatherhood to toughen kids up and also let them deal with the consequences of their mistakes. But another key duty is to instill a desire for self-control and self-discipline. We instinctively admire the John Wayne or Robert E Lee archetype for a reason.

Most of the positive role of fatherhood is more about the feeling that someone that loves you as deeply as a father can, someone who would not hesitate a nanosecond to put his life on the line to save yours, and someone who toiled most of his life to put a roof over your head and give you a good springboard to your life; most of the positive role of fatherhood is about not letting down someone lie this who deeply cares about you.

"Toughening up" kids when they stray is part of it, but it is mainly positive if it is done out of caring for the child.

Spartan culture is tough and very masculine, actually using the father figure bonding in a military context, which creates a strong military culture but results in a failed society. A society that doesn't fully empower strong families is bound to fail.

Spartan culture is also the model for homosexual/luciferian masculine cultures like Jack Donovan, this is very often the context in its modern emulations (see also Kay Griggs on the "Cherry Marines" US/NATO military culture).

If you've had good parents, the main goal in your life will be to make them proud of your achievements, your moral strength and your choices in life. If on the other hand you have lacked this, you will be susceptible to be driven by your most basic impulses, living as an atomized individual pursuing
 

911

Peacock
Gold Member
Owen's marriage is safe, Bechtloff is probably just gamma trolling here.

Owen's problem is that his fan base is leveling off due to on one hand the ego-driven infighting he has been promoting, and on the other hand his forays into anti-logos beliefs like dinosaurs/nuke are fake or the earth isn't a globe. He's coming down from a quarter million subs on his YT channel to maybe 25k-50k active followers. This level of support will keep him going as a cottage industry (literally I guess), but it's a shame he is limiting his reach and potential due to the two issues above.
 

bucky

Ostrich
911 said:
Owen's marriage is safe, Bechtloff is probably just gamma trolling here.

Owen's problem is that his fan base is leveling off due to on one hand the ego-driven infighting he has been promoting, and on the other hand his forays into anti-logos beliefs like dinosaurs/nuke are fake or the earth isn't a globe. He's coming down from a quarter million subs on his YT channel to maybe 25k-50k active followers. This level of support will keep him going as a cottage industry (literally I guess), but it's a shame he is limiting his reach and potential due to the two issues above.

I don't see Bechtloff as a gamma as I understand the term. Then again, I suppose Vox coined the term and it's increasingly come to mean anyone who criticizes or enjoys laughing at Vox and Owen, so maybe.

I agree completely with your second paragraph. It's what drove me away from Owen and Vox, although both of them have given me ideas and inspiration that have changed my life for the better. Literal cottage industry, indeed.
 

bucky

Ostrich
MichaelWitcoff said:
imagine caring about the drama between two men you’ll never meet

I find it entertaining. Keeps me awake on my long commutes in the early morning. As I noted above, Bechtloff has recently been doing some pretty funny streams on Vox and Owen. It's a good niche for him. I'd even check in with Owen once in a while to hear his side, but in spite of what someone here said about his content on Unauthorized being available for free, I couldn't figure out how to get it without a paid subscription.

Of course it's sad overall for the dissident right that the Vox/Owen and Fuentes and Co. camps are at each other's throats.
 
I have a lot of respect for Owen, but his neighbour who runs his store ripped me off for a 250 dollar shirt order that I never got but paid for last summer.
I tried multiple times to superchat Owen about this, but got banned from the channel. I even tried writing two letters and sending money for additional duty / shipping to Canada thinking this was the issue, but no avail.

I think he's on the right path, but he's not there yet. Something else I relate to.
 
Was suppose to be something like, 2 who is your master shirts, 1 red pill rooster, 1 only you can prevent sodomy, and I forget the 5th... I think it was another dead che or something like it, but it was a preorder. I figured preorders would take awhile, but.... not this long.
I got my two dead che shirts from the old store run by Dolov, but that was before she and Owen parted ways.
Anyway I'm not really upset about it anymore, but if I find a way to reach out to him about it and can get those still, I'd proudly wear them like I still do my dead che in support of his projects.

Maybe @Roosh can mention it to him after the stream or something? If he's willing to.
 
Last edited:
Top