The Owen Benjamin Thread

If you are Orthodox or a Christian you should be concerned with Owen and pray for him to find the truth. But the way Jay Dyer and everyone else is dog piling on the man just reflects their own immaturity. I watch everyone. Jay Dyer, RooshV, Tristan Haggard, Owen Benjamin. The viciousness i see in these people makes me concerned. You can denounce the mans message without becoming a degenerate. The mob mentality is insane. The people who are attacking owen look like they would enjoy violence against the heretic. The way michael jones carried himself shows much more dignity than the jay dyer community or any other i have seen so far. Thats a big reason why I like RooshV above everyone else involved in this drama. He doesnt judge willy nilly. I dont see any rage, feelings of vengeance, wishing ill will towards people who are lost. Its is so sad to see this because I like all of these people and to see this dark side of them is discouraging.
I am talking to aether i guess.
I pray for us all.

DanielH

Pelican
If you are Orthodox or a Christian you should be concerned with Owen and pray for him to find the truth. But the way Jay Dyer and everyone else is dog piling on the man just reflects their own immaturity. I watch everyone. Jay Dyer, RooshV, Tristan Haggard, Owen Benjamin. The viciousness i see in these people makes me concerned. You can denounce the mans message without becoming a degenerate. The mob mentality is insane. The people who are attacking owen look like they would enjoy violence against the heretic.
What are you talking about, I don't see that anywhere. St. Nicholas of Myra slapped Arius for denying the divinity of Christ. Which part of Jay Dyer's comment is false or an exaggeration? Owen puts himself out there as a leader and he's more than eager to make theological comments, the implications of which they don't seem to be aware of.

And by the way, Orthodoxy is Christianity.

What are you talking about, I don't see that anywhere. St. Nicholas of Myra slapped Arius for denying the divinity of Christ. Which part of Jay Dyer's comment is false or an exaggeration? Owen puts himself out there as a leader and he's more than eager to make theological comments, the implications of which they don't seem to be aware of.
Your comment just reflect all of this drama. Talking with yourself instead of actually reading what was written. Mob mentality in action. Where did i say they exaggerated or that they were wrong about owen having false understanding?
My whole point is about how they approach this topic and how they represent themselves.
Whats the point of fighting evil if you become evil yourself?

DanielH

Pelican
Your comment just reflect all of this drama. Talking with yourself instead of actually reading what was written. Mob mentality in action. Where did i say they exaggerated or that they were wrong about owen having false understanding?
My whole point is about how they approach this topic and how they represent themselves.
I clicked the tweet linked above, thinking there would be dozens of responses demonizing Owen and there's a grand total of 9 responses which don't seem noteworthy considering it's Twitter. Is that a dog pile warranting a response from you? If they're not exaggerating or wrong about Owen's false teachings then what is your problem? Arianism leads people to Hell.

I don't hate Owen. I listened to him for years. I still want to listen to him because most of the time he's hilarious. It's just I thought listening to him wouldn't be beneficial for either of us. If Christians (90% of his audience) cared about their faith and stopped listening to Owen when he blasphemed (and it wasn't only against Christ but also the Holy Spirit) then he would have at least stopped blaspheming.

I clicked the tweet linked above, thinking there would be dozens of responses demonizing Owen and there's a grand total of 9 responses which don't seem noteworthy considering it's Twitter. Is that a dog pile warranting a response from you? If they're not exaggerating or wrong about Owen's false teachings then what is your problem? Arianism leads people to Hell.

I don't hate Owen. I listened to him for years. I still want to listen to him because most of the time he's hilarious. It's just I thought listening to him wouldn't be beneficial for either of us. If Christians (90% of his audience) cared about their faith and stopped listening to Owen when he blasphemed (and it wasn't only against Christ but also the Holy Spirit) then he would have at least stopped blaspheming.
Follow your advice and stop communicating with 70% of the worlds people. That does not account for schismatics. Depending on denomination you could go as low as 1% of people in the world that you should stop listening to I guess...
Talking about dog piling there are more avenues than just twitter...
I am not defending Owen. I just expect better character qualities from Jay Dyer and people who follow them. Just because you follow the true faith does not mean you can be as vile as you want. Because thats what i see a lot of people doing. Doesnt matter which religion you would take. You do not comform to our faith? We have a pass to be as vile as we want....
I do not subscribe to that kind of mentality. I do not want to become the thing I hate...
I see a lot of people with hateful characters trying to pretend they are good by attacking people they disagree with instead of respectfully denouncing the other partys claims and praying for their salvation....
That is my last response and i expect to get a lot of butthurt people replaying.

Enoch

Ostrich
Dr. E Michael Jones talks about Owen Benjamin blaspheming against the Holy Trinity in this video. The part starts at minute 22:00:

I for one have questions about the browsing history of everyone in this video except Dr Jones. Especially the sperg in the top left who immediately calls him a Jew. Aren't ad-hominem attacks great?

JackAn

Pigeon
Follow your advice and stop communicating with 70% of the worlds people. That does not account for schismatics. Depending on denomination you could go as low as 1% of people in the world that you should stop listening to I guess...
Talking about dog piling there are more avenues than just twitter...
I am not defending Owen. I just expect better character qualities from Jay Dyer and people who follow them. Just because you follow the true faith does not mean you can be as vile as you want. Because thats what i see a lot of people doing. Doesnt matter which religion you would take. You do not comform to our faith? We have a pass to be as vile as we want....
I do not subscribe to that kind of mentality. I do not want to become the thing I hate...
I see a lot of people with hateful characters trying to pretend they are good by attacking people they disagree with instead of respectfully denouncing the other partys claims and praying for their salvation....
That is my last response and i expect to get a lot of butthurt people replaying.
I suggest you post something incorrect, loudly and arrogantly, anywhere online there is traffic. Doesn't matter the subject. The result will be the same.

get2choppaaa

Pelican
Here's a compilation of some of his recent thoughts on Christ. It looks like he's relying on self-interpretation. I think he's in prelest and believes he is speaking the truth of God or bringing people to the "correct" understanding of God.

I think its pretty sad. Owen seems like a really funny guy who has incredible talents to make complex topics very laughable. At ONE point he provided valuable insight into cultural elements going on. Now he just seems to have become a full blown narcissist. This clip doesn't even contain the disgusting and totally vile comments about the Trinity.

I watched him over the last couple years go from Hollywood star to nighttime alcoholic drinking white claw like a wino college girl to linking up with EMJ to this state now and I feel for him and for his family. He is worth praying for even if for his wife and kids.

As EMJ said, I think this is a product of him incessantly talking and not researching anything. I would be professionally and personally embarrassed if he were saying those things about me, and yet I somehow think that this message will go unheard.

There is a difference between being a public/social media/content creating figure who could make incorrect statements or be intellectually wrong about something and just needs education versus a unrepentant person who says "go ahead and call me a blasphemer"

I am sure somewhere deep down Owen is a good person struggling with a multitude of sins as we all are. I am not saying that I am any better or that his sins are worse than my sins... but its pretty clear that listening to him anymore is just enabling him to lead himself and others deeper into narcissistic heresy.

If there is one thing that I have learned in pursuing the Orthodox Church is that "You don't know everything, and you don't have to. It is better to be silent than to spread falsehoods based off of prideful desire to be right."

The_Trigg

Robin
Here's a compilation of some of his recent thoughts on Christ. It looks like he's relying on self-interpretation. I think he's in prelest and believes he is speaking the truth of God or bringing people to the "correct" understanding of God.

I was previously a fan of Owen's but haven't been able to listen to him for longer than 15 min for the past 2 years. He seems to have logical breakdowns in his thinking, possible mental illness, possible delusions. He can go good for a few minutes, then goes off the rails into something that makes no sense, just apparently making things up as he goes along.

NickK

Woodpecker
Owen is influenced by demons and he must be exposed in order to PROTECT people. This is NOT evil as you say.
It's good to expose false teachers in no uncertain terms.

FactusIRX

Kingfisher
That's sad. I like Owen. He risked his whole career to speak truth. He practiced what he preached by getting a homestead and having a big family. But, blaspheming the Holy Spirit, denying Christ's resurrection, and denying the Trinity are all fundamental assaults' on Christianity.

I wouldn't be upset if Owen simply did not accept the Trinity, but the pride and hubris in the way he insults the Trinity and those who have faith in it says a lot about him. I know he is doing a lot of good stuff, and saying controversial things about worldly topics like flat earth is one thing, but blaspheming the Trinity with such hubris and vitriol is concerning. May he see the folly of his error and repent before God.

Edit: Watching the video Roosh posted, it looks like Owen has subscribed to some of the Astrotheology beliefs which is a load of nonsense. He approaches Jesus the same way he approaches the moon landing, which is a category error. Logic and common sense are great for debunking the moon landing hoax, but "smart" people need spiritual fathership more than anyone else to protect against heresy. I know because I made similar errors in my youth. I trust the Church Fathers who devoted their lives to Christ more than academics who spend all day thinking and reading in their ivory towers -- the Church Fathers learn from prayer and revelation, rather than pride-inducing tricks of the evil one.

Last edited: