The Owen Benjamin Thread

Lithuanian Bear

Pigeon
Non-Christian
"I will never be angry at another Bear"

This reminds me of the modern (per)version of Matthew 5:22 which says the exact same thing.

False version(NASB, missing "without a cause"):

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be answerable to the court; and whoever says to his brother, ‘[k]You good-for-nothing,’ shall be answerable to [l]the supreme court; and whoever says, ‘You fool,’ shall be guilty enough to go into the [m]fiery hell.

KJV("without a cause"):

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

The false bible version puts the Christian in a spiritually untenable position because sooner or later you will be angry at a brother in Christ. Not unlike the bear tenet above.

By the way, if there is any doubt that the KJV version is correct, you can cross reference Ephesians 4:26

Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
I would say this. Fix your own sins before you fix other peoples sins. People are freaking hypocrits.
P.s. are you saying I accept owens understanding of trinity? Well for one Owens opinion on trinity means jack shit. Me emotionaly getting triggered by a dude living in a farm and shouting at a computet screen would make me even more stupid. People making a big deal out of this drama are morons. But I am a moron too so dont get riled up gammas.

BasedBaker

Robin
Trad Catholic
Everyone who disagrees with anything I say is a gamma. When I call them a gamma is have levied the most searing comeback that the will never recover from. That's crushing guys.

Knight.of.Logos

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Some thoughts about the intervention:

1. When Owen asks genuine questions about the Trinity, I feel it is coming from a good place. However, when he becomes mocking I get the sense that his pride and ego are inflated. I won't even try to judge him as a whole, but definitely in this regard he does have pride. I don't think he's ever said "but I might be wrong" about the Trinity, which is dangerous.

2. Being so short, there wasn't much time to really go into the arguments of the Trinity, though I like how Milo asked about from a personal and theological point-of-view. It is worth watching overall but this short duration made me wanting more.

3. Owen is applying his worldly logic onto something that is transcendent and a matter of revelation. Owen is a smart guy, but sometimes smart guys can become very deluded by means of their own intellect.

4. EMJ's idea about Owen's relationship to his father may be a good insight, but applied wrong. Owen obviously is not antagonistic to God and Christ despite his history with his father, however it is possible that the family disconnection has led to a theological disconnection in regards to understand the Trinity and/or accepting the wisdom of the Church Fathers rather than going at it from a more Protestant, Sola Scriptura manner.

That being said, I still like Owen and I think he is right on about most things and has his heart in the right place. His mind, however, as smart, creative, and funny as it is, does seem to be leading him astray, at least in this one issue. I'm not spiritually advanced enough to know, but he may be a prime target for the demons considering his talents and influence. We should try to pray for him.

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Some thoughts about the intervention:

1. When Owen asks genuine questions about the Trinity, I feel it is coming from a good place. However, when he becomes mocking I get the sense that his pride and ego are inflated. I won't even try to judge him as a whole, but definitely in this regard he does have pride. I don't think he's ever said "but I might be wrong" about the Trinity, which is dangerous.

2. Being so short, there wasn't much time to really go into the arguments of the Trinity, though I like how Milo asked about from a personal and theological point-of-view. It is worth watching overall but this short duration made me wanting more.

3. Owen is applying his worldly logic onto something that is transcendent and a matter of revelation. Owen is a smart guy, but sometimes smart guys can become very deluded by means of their own intellect.

4. EMJ's idea about Owen's relationship to his father may be a good insight, but applied wrong. Owen obviously is not antagonistic to God and Christ despite his history with his father, however it is possible that the family disconnection has led to a theological disconnection in regards to understand the Trinity and/or accepting the wisdom of the Church Fathers rather than going at it from a more Protestant, Sola Scriptura manner.

That being said, I still like Owen and I think he is right on about most things and has his heart in the right place. His mind, however, as smart, creative, and funny as it is, does seem to be leading him astray, at least in this one issue. I'm not spiritually advanced enough to know, but he may be a prime target for the demons considering his talents and influence. We should try to pray for him.
Sounds a bit ugly of me for say this... But why is anyone wasting their time worrying about what Owen is doing?

He's obviously wrong on the Trinity.

Why enable him or others with the attention?

Why not just be focused on yourself and your own faith.

I mean why anyone is paying any shred of attention to him at this point is a little weird given the obvious state of error.

RonaldB

Sparrow
Catholic
Sounds a bit ugly of me for say this... But why is anyone wasting their time worrying about what Owen is doing?

I mean why anyone is paying any shred of attention to him at this point is a little weird given the obvious state of error.
I think you're being unfair to some of us. There are people who are really obsessed about Owen's every step (E.g. the Owen Benjamin subreddit). There are others who discuss Owen's views because we still like him and we wished he was more respectful towards the sacred. Remember all the new Atheists and how they would say outrageous things against Jesus and blaspheme against the Holy Spirit just to spite Christians. Owen is doing pretty much the same, but in the spiritual world, this type of behavior attracts demons into your life. So, at least for me, I feel bad when I see someone I like hurt himself spirituality.
Speaking of the intervention. Don't you think that this is how God is helping Owen humble himself and submit to the teachings of the Church founded by Jesus Christ?
God bless!

Knight.of.Logos

Woodpecker
Orthodox

I used to watch his stuff and enjoyed his comedy. I haven't paid a lot of attention lately, and the Trinity thing kind of sealed the deal.

Just like any friend who has went down the wrong path, I'd try my best to pray for them instead of having a selfish "who cares" attitude. True, I was never friends with Owen personally, but his content and journey left a positive impression on me. I agree that it is not good to fixate on Owen, but praying for someone and wishing them the best is a far stretch from being obsessed. I know there are many people out there who are obsessed with Owen, so I understand your error, but I am not one of them.

Edit: One last thing is that Owen is a big influencer online. Seeing him move towards Christ in a legitimate way can benefit others, but if he falls from pride, that can mislead a lot of people. I am looking at it from a spiritual warfare perspective.

RonaldB

Sparrow
Catholic
Serious question: what is so important about the trinity? If you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour, which he does, quibbling over dogma like this seems...strange

It is important because belief in the Holy Doctrine is biblical despite what Owen and Vox Day say.
From 1 John 5:

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

BasedBaker

Robin
Trad Catholic
I used to watch his stuff and enjoyed his comedy. I haven't paid a lot of attention lately, and the Trinity thing kind of sealed the deal.

Just like any friend who has went down the wrong path, I'd try my best to pray for them instead of having a selfish "who cares" attitude. True, I was never friends with Owen personally, but his content and journey left a positive impression on me. I agree that it is not good to fixate on Owen, but praying for someone and wishing them the best is a far stretch from being obsessed. I know there are many people out there who are obsessed with Owen, so I understand your error, but I am not one of them.

Edit: One last thing is that Owen is a big influencer online. Seeing him move towards Christ in a legitimate way can benefit others, but if he falls from pride, that can mislead a lot of people. I am looking at it from a spiritual warfare perspective.
I feel bad for the bears who lack discernment and blindly follow him and take every word from his mouth as holy truth. 99% of the bears had never thought about the Trinity prior to Owen and he himself is just taking his own spin on Vox Day's take on the Trinity. The fact they can't see that is very troubling. It's akin to how Trump's supporters wildly cheered at him whenever he said "LOWEST BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT". If the bears started pushing back on Owen he'd quickly change his tune, but they are all swimming in the school together.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
I feel bad for the bears who lack discernment and blindly follow him and take every word from his mouth as holy truth. 99% of the bears had never thought about the Trinity prior to Owen and he himself is just taking his own spin on Vox Day's take on the Trinity. The fact they can't see that is very troubling. It's akin to how Trump's supporters wildly cheered at him whenever he said "LOWEST BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT". If the bears started pushing back on Owen he'd quickly change his tune, but they are all swimming in the school together.
I watched him for years. Fortunately I became an Orthodox Christian before he started attacking the Trinity. You're right, if I didn't have that foundation, I would have followed him.

LightofApollo

Banned
Woman
I was entertained when he sat around the fire drinking white claws and ranting about jewish people members of his own tribe for kicking his crazy tokis out of Hellyweird. After he sobered up stopped treating his schizophrenia, his message changed

Fixed.

Here's a compilation of some of his recent thoughts on Christ. It looks like he's relying on self-interpretation. I think he's in prelest and believes he is speaking the truth of God or bringing people to the "correct" understanding of God.

He's past prelest, sir. He's a heretic on the edge of apostasy. I stopped following him, so to be fair, he could have already fallen over that edge.

Domino

Banned
He has an Israeli manager.

And now he’s ridiculing the Trinity and preaching a form of religion that the rabbis would accept as “Noahide”. (Besides, you can tell from his eyes that sometimes he’s reading scripted talking points).

Connect the dots.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
He's past prelest, sir. He's a heretic on the edge of apostasy. I stopped following him, so to be fair, he could have already fallen over that edge.

I'm repeating myself here, but there are very, very few pundits out there who get everything right. Owen Benjamin is worth following because he does get many essential items right, a whole lot more so than your average right wing pundit.

If you're offended by his theological shortcomings then quit following him, and for chrissakes also quit attacking him, just move on, instead of contributing to his online harassment. Just point out where and how he is wrong, while acknowledging the good he has brought over the years by his fight against the Hollywood establishment and deep state.

BTW, do you realize that your handle stands for the light of lucifer, Apollo being associated with the light bearing pagan deity?

He has an Israeli manager.

And now he’s ridiculing the Trinity and preaching a form of religion that the rabbis would accept as “Noahide”. (Besides, you can tell from his eyes that sometimes he’s reading scripted talking points). Connect the dots.

What Israeli manager? And when has OB preached the Noahide Laws, or any kind of submission to the talmudic order?!?

Cervantes

Woodpecker
Woman
Owen is a great mixture of crazy and brilliant. Some guy blackpilling to Owen about there being no future and no point about building anything:

I have no interest in trying to save you, I'm only replying for the potential people reading.

Your mindset will lead to a future where you will get exactly what you're saying and it's a justified future for you. The "we're being replaced" and "there's no solution" folks are right. You are being replaced and you do have no solution. And from a macro look at things, that's exactly how it should play out.

The future belongs to those who make it, and as someone who is actively building a future, (and have inspired tens of thousands to join that build) it has no place for your "reality."

I'm often saying that our civilization is already in the chastisement and headed for a crash. But I agree with Owen very strongly. This doesn't mean give up. This means start now building what comes after. It is what your ancestors always did. The blackpillers among them did not make it to the future.

tractor

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Owen Benjamin in one picture

553a14024df58c8a.jpg

tractor

Woodpecker
Orthodox

Some of his streams are funny and he has interesting opinions on many issues not related to the Faith so I keep un- und re-following him. And I wouldn't mind his occasional notions on the Holy Trinity, the Councils, the Apostels etc. But the last time I only could stand him for two days cos he just keeps and keeps doubling down on his heresies for minutes and minutes. I think I'm done with Owen for good.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
Some of his streams are funny and he has interesting opinions on many issues not related to the Faith so I keep un- und re-following him. And I wouldn't mind his occasional notions on the Holy Trinity, the Councils, the Apostels etc. But the last time I only could stand him for two days cos he just keeps and keeps doubling down on his heresies for minutes and minutes. I think I'm done with Owen for good.
I'd be careful with this. It's like you're giving permission to listen to heresy and insults against God, especially if you know he will do it. It's like listening to pop music for the rhythm but consenting to hearing the sordid lyrics. It will penetrate into your psyche and possibly soul. Essentially, you're saying, "I don't mind someone going against my God so that I can have a laugh." You're choosing a worldly pleasure over respect for your Lord. Why would God then protect you against other demonic notions if you've given prior consent?

It's like you have a plate of food before you, but there is one drop of deadly poison in it, but you decide to eat the whole thing anyway, believing the poison is diluted enough. That entire plate of food must be thrown out. One drop of poison is too much.

I say this as someone who has no personal problem with Owen, but there is tons of Orthodox content out there that doesn't include heretical notions.

Sa6re

Robin
Other Christian
Why not try to teach him what it means?

At this point, I seriously believe, that not much of anything truthful, wholesome or worthwhile is going to survive this collapse and the connections they have are at least wholesome way in physically bringing up the next generation free of the perversions of globo-satanic-modernism. Also, he’s a comedian, every monastery had a trickster day when the disciples became the clergy, I suspect thats his job. We need to think about creating surviving cultures now, unless everybody’s just gonna save themselves and screw the next generations.