The Owen Benjamin Thread

tractor

Woodpecker
Orthodox
"I don't mind someone going against my God so that I can have a laugh."

Nope, I don't laugh at heresies.

I hoped I would catch a stream where he just talks about neat stuff but I should've known better, my bad.

I say this as someone who has no personal problem with Owen, but there is tons of Orthodox content out there that doesn't include heretical notions.

I didn't follow Owen for his opinions on God. I started getting suspiscious since he praised the mohammedans. But we he self-described himself as "pagan-adjacent rabbi with islamo-christian" values, I knew he doesn't take it seriously.

BasedBaker

Robin
Trad Catholic
My biggest issue with Owen is he's leading souls down a path of destruction. He's like Evel Knievel, he jumps over a couple cars. Okay, next trick has to be bigger and more extreme to get the eyeballs. So he jumps over some buses. The next time he has to add fire. Pretty soon he's jumping over the Snake River. That's his game. He constantly has to say more and more outrageous things to maintain his audience and keep them entertained. Sadly, he's doing this at the expense of the eternal salvation of many.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
Just checked on Owen with his Bitchute channel, he's doing great, 4th kid on the way and in fine form, here's a recent example (watch from around 20:00 on)

People mocked him for starting "Bearteria", but it turned out that Idaho acreage has been the next best thing after sliced bread and Bitcoin...

BasedBaker

Robin
Trad Catholic
Just checked on Owen with his Bitchute channel, he's doing great, 4th kid on the way and in fine form, here's a recent example (watch from around 20:00 on)

People mocked him for starting "Bearteria", but it turned out that Idaho acreage has been the next best thing after sliced bread and Bitcoin...

I can't get onboard with a Trinity-denier who is leading souls to hell. I will pray for him, but I think what he's doing to his devout followers is very egregious.

RonaldB

Sparrow
Catholic
I still like Owen's sense of humor. In the last couple of months, I gave him a second chance, but I just couldn't handle his ignorant opinions about Christianity.

The one person that puzzles me is Vox Day. He will defend Owen to death no matter what he does. It's similar to when people question him about his support for Milo and Cernovich, he gets very defensive.

KoolDoon

Banned
Protestant
His obsession with making jokes about the Trinity (he likes Islam and Mormonism for denying the Trinity and Crowder makes fun of Islam and when Crowder says something the opposite must be true for Owen) and talking about flat earth and esoteric topics got on my nerves, but last week he made some great jokes about the Irish. He can be super funny. Even the things he says that I dislike don't make me angry anymore because I watch him for the jokes, not for his theological and political opinions. The problem with Owen is that he wants to contradict people he dislikes.

jeffinjapan

Robin
Orthodox
His obsession with making jokes about the Trinity (he likes Islam and Mormonism for denying the Trinity and Crowder makes fun of Islam and when Crowder says something the opposite must be true for Owen) and talking about flat earth and esoteric topics got on my nerves, but last week he made some great jokes about the Irish. He can be super funny. Even the things he says that I dislike don't make me angry anymore because I watch him for the jokes, not for his theological and political opinions. The problem with Owen is that he wants to contradict people he dislikes.
He basically wants an “Amen” corner-like his buddy Vox Day-and can be downright vicious with those who disagree with him.

PolishCalifornian

Robin
Catholic
He basically wants an “Amen” corner-like his buddy Vox Day-and can be downright vicious with those who disagree with him.
I never followed Owen but I did follow Vox for a solid 5 years. I concluded that it wasn't worth my time to have to sort between truths, interesting takes, sloppy history, dicey theology and nasty, un-Christian behavior. If he stuck to politics and culture I could consider his opinions on their merits, but once someone tries to present themselves as an all-in-one political theorists, commentator, theologian, philosopher, comic book writer, crowdfunding merchant, book seller, etc. it becomes a sloppy mess that doesn't hold together. The little of Owen that I watched always struck me as an odd juxtaposition of humor, hysteria and cultish certitude.

KoolDoon

Banned
Protestant
I don't watch Vox Day. Owen can be mean, but he is not as bad as people paint him to be, and I think, some things he says are over the top dumb. I only watch him for the jokes. I know that I get to hear things I disagree with when I tune in. I just decided to stop to get angry about them.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
That can be true. But if I learned something from Trump and how that went left, it is to be Not emotionally attached to the things CNN and Fox talk about 24/7. @DanielH I know his opinions on that and disagree with them, but he is right or in this case partly right on other things and I was very emotional about the Kyle case, but then I thought about how emotional I was about Trump and we know how he disappointed us.
Owen Benjamin doesn't say any truths you can't get from actual Christian commentators like @Roosh, @MichaelWitcoff or the Church Fathers (forgive me for putting you two in the same category as the Church Fathers). I've heard all of the aforementioned say exactly what OB said which you mentioned, but minus the heresy. People are very easily influenced, you're going to start adopting the ideas of whoever you choose to listen to subconsciously. That is why we need to choose wisely who we listen to. If you listen to someone who says a lot of truth and occasionally blasphemes and teaches wrong ideas, you're going to come around to that blasphemy and heresy eventually.

I get that he's funny, but please be cautious with what media you choose to let into your life. Luke 11:34 “The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.” Don't let bad things into your eye.

Last edited:

KoolDoon

Banned
Protestant
@DanielH I keep listening to him and I know his "theology" is nonsense and I won't agree with him ever on that - I also do not believe in a flat earth. I did not want to talk about Owen Benjamin (I feel no urge to defend him), but about better not being emotionally attached to what the media tells us to be attached to. Nick Sandmann is another good example, turned out to be a total RINO. I'm just saying, people should not put too much emotion and hope into Kyle or anyone else who is presented to us by the mainstream. The emotions I invested into the case at first were like a drug. Nick Sandmann spoke to Kyle before his interview. You think, he told Kyle to say what he said?

El Draque

Banned
Orthodox
Not a fan of the guy whatsoever.

For five mins when first discovered him he seemed funny, and had some sort of righteousness going after the California Podcast & Pot set, but after that he just seems an exhausting narcissist.

Blaspheming the Holy Trinity, which i've only heard others mention him doing, is enough to never want to listen to the man ever again.