The Owen Benjamin Thread

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
It seems that the only thing the guy is useful for is confirming the number of things that we aren't totally sure about, but generally presume to be true: gatekeepers, pay for play, media/Hollywood, etc. Other than that, he seems to just be another example of an ego that has to use online avenues for business, or whatever we want to call it, which is a setup (even for well meaning guys) for temptation, attention and ego gratification.

Good_Shepherd

Kingfisher
Orthodox Catechumen

He denies the Trinity and the divinity of Christ and he was on a rant this entire week moking Saint Paul on Instagram and the church but he never critisises Islam and always speaks highly of Muslims, I have been engaging with his followers on social media over this and there are quite a few who are newly converted Muslims, young men in USA, I was also suprised to see that such a small % of his followers actually disagreed with him most went along with it, I did voice my opinion where I could and tried to correct the errors being said which got me into theological debates with Muslims, I at least got them to see the divinity of Christ and the argument is no longer that Christ didnt say it but things like "it doesnt make sense" or "but how can God be a man" etc hopefully some kind of seed is sown, We need to light a candle for Owne and pray for the man to experience authentic Christianity and Christ as He is.

Good_Shepherd

Kingfisher
Orthodox Catechumen
Does he still have a large following? I feel for the Bears that hang on his every word. It is one thing to deceive people or swindle their money. But to lead them down that path that will ultimately end with the loss of their immortal soul is horrific.
yes, his last Instagram account before it was closed was 12,000 his new one about half but combine it with all the other platforms its a few thousands ans most are going along with it on Instagram I was part of the debates there with some of his bears