The Pets-As-Kids Thread

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
This has been discussed elsewhere, but it's a fairly disturbing phenomenon I see every day. One day I was walking out with my son and an older lady stopped me and blurted out, "My daughter doesn't like babies, ONLY DOGS." I also see a lot of stickers on the back of cars like "I Love My Grand-dog!" etc.

I have a few friends who refer to their "fur babies" (though they have actual problems getting pregnant, all the child-free peopleI know don't have any pets)

FB_IMG_1641583713632.jpg

Cute cat, but still.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I live in an apartment complex. Every woman age 26-32 has a dog, no kids or family. The dog is the sublimation for them of their maternal desire for kids. They need to care for something but they don't want to actually have the responsibility of raising a family. It's really sad.

One thing I consider a lot is that the methodology of society is unnatural. They put people in these breeding pens called "college" when they are in their early 20's and that is where most people find their partner. The issue is this can never work out because a man is never ready to settle down at that time (they can't, lacking resources).

The proper order is for a man to marry a young woman in her early 20's, when he is between 32-40 years of age, after he has acquired enough resources and is mature enough spiritually to be a father. This is biologically what women and men are driven towards naturally as well, yet this is stigmatized in our society for that very reason. Couple this with brainwashing women to waste away their fertile child-bearing years working at some stupid office, it's a recipe for disaster. So these women are miserable and turn to having dogs as children. It's very sad and disturbing.

Last edited:

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I live in an apartment complex. Every woman age 26-32 has a dog, no kids or family. The dog is the sublimation for them of their maternal desire for kids. They need to care for something but they don't want to actually have the responsibility of raising a family. It's really sad.

One of the main plot points in "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" was humans displaying kindness/empathy to animals because we get nothing in return.

I get "why" this is happening; part of me doesn't mind the animals as much as it's connected to animosity towards people.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
One of the main plot points in "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" was humans displaying kindness/empathy to animals because we get nothing in return.

I get "why" this is happening; part of me doesn't mind the animals as much as it's connected to animosity towards people.
Yeah, it seems closely tied to antisocial behavior, where people became reclusive and wary of their neighbor, and thus retreated to a safe space where an animal can be their only "friend."

The real meaning of friendship has been dissolved in modern society with the advent of social media, but covid was the nail in the coffin for authentic real friendships. It is probably not an exaggeration to say that the average people probably has no real friends.

canuckj

Robin
Other Christian
This is one of my pet peeves since I used to work with a woman who would discuss her Golden Retrievers every time someone spoke of their children and families. I wanted to vomit. That said I love dogs and have two children (want more as well if possible). I think the childless couples who deliberately forgo kids so they can travel and indulge themselves are a symptom of the decline of western civilization.

Kitty Tantrum

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
I like to tell "child-free pet parents" that they have dishonored their ancestors, and that their precious animals belong in the food supply for developing countries, rather than functioning as a revolving-door-collective-sinkhole for more resources than it would have taken to raise a family. NOT TO MENTION the enormous carbon footprint of "pet parenthood."

You can't reason with these people, so offending them is a better use of your time. They don't deserve to be comfortable in their delusions of being healthy and normal.

The Beast1

Peacock
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
It's something that's started to disgust me as I've gotten older. I don't know why, but I really look down on people who willingly don't want kids. If you don't want kids and actively prevent yourself from having them, then what is the point of living? Having my own kids really opened up my mind to our purpose and even more importantly, why I am here.
I like to tell "child-free pet parents" that they have dishonored their ancestors, and that their precious animals belong in the food supply for developing countries, rather than functioning as a revolving-door-collective-sinkhole for more resources than it would have taken to raise a family. NOT TO MENTION the enormous carbon footprint of "pet parenthood."

You can't reason with these people, so offending them is a better use of your time. They don't deserve to be comfortable in their delusions of being healthy and normal.
I have a standup act that I have yet to perform where I say, "When a woman tells me that their dog is their child, there's a split second where I see her quite literally screwing the pooch. Please, stop mind raping me with such nonsense you barren wastes."

Kitty Tantrum

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
I have a standup act that I have yet to perform where I say, "When a woman tells me that their dog is their child, there's a split second where I see her quite literally screwing the pooch. Please, stop mind raping me with such nonsense you barren wastes."
Some woman once started talking to my cat and referred to ME as her "mama."

I was like "WHOA, I don't know what kind of sicko you think I am, but her mother is actually ANOTHER CAT."

Cr33pin

Peacock
Other Christian
Gold Member
1fa27b3433e6da4f8bd3cb347a507a3c.jpeg

"Dog moms" have been a western (spreading fast) phenom for the past 5 years or more. Just another notch the decline of peoplekind's belt

Luna Novem

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
It's crazy to me! I don't even like pets. We would not have any, were it up to me. But we do have two cats.

One of the reasons (albeit a selfish and lazy reason) why I strongly prefer children, is that children will eventually become independent. Pets? Never. Although cats are much more so than dogs; hence why I can tolerate our cats. :)

bucky

Ostrich
Other Christian

Harsh, yet also kind of awesome.

My wife is a Latina from south of the border. I once asked her what people in her country would think of a childless middle-aged woman who drives around in a car with a bumper sticker that says "my kids have paws." She said they'd think she was insane.

bucky

Ostrich
Other Christian
It's crazy to me! I don't even like pets. We would not have any, were it up to me. But we do have two cats.

One of the reasons (albeit a selfish and lazy reason) why I strongly prefer children, is that children will eventually become independent. Pets? Never. Although cats are much more so than dogs; hence why I can tolerate our cats. :)
I don't think that's selfish, it's just reality. People I know often assume I don't like dogs, but I do like dogs just fine for the most part, and I recognize that when a dog is obnoxious, it's the owner's fault, not the dog's. Still, most people I know are deeply blue pilled goodwhite "pet parents" who make a dog or other pets the center of their lives in the weird, disturbing way we're all discussing on this thread.

Dogs require so much time and attention that I'd rather devote to my children. For many reasons, but one is that my children will probably be there when I'm elderly, whereas a dog certainly won't. There's nothing wrong with having a dog but yeah, I'd be as disgusted as you if I had one and someone were to call me a "dog parent."

thetruewhitenorth

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I was already in my 30s when for the first time in my life I heard someone referring to dogs as "my children" (I must have been living under some sort of immigrant rock).

It took me a few minutes to make sense out of what I heard. Then, after a deeper submersion into the Anglo culture, I realized it was a twisted, "normal" part of many people's lives.

I find it sickening and disturbing. The whole "pets are just like humans" attitudes.

The worst part is that at work, this kind of talk is rather common. And I had to act as if I cared to some degree about their dogs or cats. Whereas, inside I oftentimes felt annoyed and repulsed.

All the women and men for that matter in my office who worship their pets are either stale spinsters, or married with no children.

Those who do have both children and pets, usually talk about pets as pets.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
This is one of my pet peeves since I used to work with a woman who would discuss her Golden Retrievers every time someone spoke of their children and families. I wanted to vomit. That said I love dogs and have two children (want more as well if possible). I think the childless couples who deliberately forgo kids so they can travel and indulge themselves are a symptom of the decline of western civilization.

A lot of the people who wanted to travel aren't doing much of that these days, either.

I actually like animals a lot, particularly cats. I think people have a special bond with them because they keep vermin away. I like bigger dogs more than little yapper dogs (I kind of want a Carpathian Wolfhound haha), but prefer cats because they sort of chill and do their own thing, and aren't as needy.

Dogs seem to be the animal of choice for the Fur Moms because they need that attention.

Arby

Pigeon
Woman
Atheist
The thing when you only have "fur babies" is you get that unconditional love and loyalty even when you're a terrible person. Dogs owned by egotistical spinsters are often still okay dogs. But if they have a child they do have to actually put in an effort to prevent it from becoming just as much of an insufferable spinster as themselves.

canuckj

Robin
Other Christian
A lot of the people who wanted to travel aren't doing much of that these days, either.

I actually like animals a lot, particularly cats. I think people have a special bond with them because they keep vermin away. I like bigger dogs more than little yapper dogs (I kind of want a Carpathian Wolfhound haha), but prefer cats because they sort of chill and do their own thing, and aren't as needy.

Dogs seem to be the animal of choice for the Fur Moms because they need that attention.
Yes, I have seen the trend with the single cat/dog lady here too. I live in a condo and see them walking their pets each morning and evening. It has definitely made me want to forgo having a pet myself. I doubt many of these ladies (usually early to late 30s) really want a husband and children or would probably turn don't any offers (not rich, tall, or handsome enough, etc.). Meanwhile I can go to Walmart and see Africans and Muslims with 4+ children. There is something very wrong with our courting and family formation process.