The Pets-As-Kids Thread

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
The thing when you only have "fur babies" is you get that unconditional love and loyalty even when you're a terrible person. Dogs owned by egotistical spinsters are often still okay dogs. But if they have a child they do have to actually put in an effort to prevent it from becoming just as much of an insufferable spinster as themselves.

Hitler loved dogs!

Mountaineer

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
It's a mental disease. The only word that comes to my mind when I see this is 'extinction'.

Last edited:

canuckj

Robin
Other Christian
I wouldn't mind so much if liberals opted out of the gene pool. Under normal circumstances conservatives with large families would then shift everything to the right at the ballot box and reclaim western countries. However, there are a lot of factors at play. Many of these women are intelligent and attractive. I also don't buy into the idea women cannot have children beyond their early 30s. I know tons of folks that had healthy children in their mid to late 30s and even early 40s. My ex-wife had my son at 41 (she was a lot older than me). My grandmother had my father (last of 8 children) at around 45. So there is still time for these ladies to wake up become trad wives and have kids if they want to.

thetruewhitenorth

Woodpecker
Orthodox
It's a mental disease. The only word that comes to my mind when I see this is 'extinction'.
I dont mind as much these people voluntarily choosing to go instinct. What I do mind is them aggressively insisting that the rest must follow their suit.

Kind of like fat co-workers might feel very uneasy about the presence of a good looking, slim new hire, and will try to fatten her up to bring her down to their level of misery and ugliness.

Mountaineer

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I dont mind as much these people voluntarily choosing to go instinct. What I do mind is them aggressively insisting that the rest must follow their suit.

Kind of like fat co-workers might feel very uneasy about the presence of a good looking, slim new hire, and will try to fatten her up to bring her down to their level of misery and ugliness.
Yeah, that's the feeble leftist mind.

Comment to subject (timestamp):

Last edited:

Causanostraelaetitiae

Chicken
Woman
Catholic
I would gladly give up my dog for a child, maybe I will have to but he is a good companion and he helped me become a more caring person and to be more responsible. I don´t understand people who see pets as replacements for children at all. They´re nothing like children, not even remotely close.

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
I find it funny when a couple gets a dog to fulfill the woman's desire to nurture and then the dog ends up liking the man better. I know two couples who this happened to and in both cases the wife wanted a second dog that would be "hers". Thankfully I think the husbands in both cases have the common sense to realize the second dog would probably like them better too and denied the women another dog.

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
I could totally see Tom Green (famous for the Tom Green Show… ahh 90’s humor…) doing an episode making fun of people and their “fur babies” lol…

Example:
(Tom enters a museum where animals are prohibited. He is *wearing* a shiatsu in an infant chest sling.)

Docent: (Walks up to Tom) “Excuse me. Animals are not allowed in the museum.”
Tom: (Looks around, confused) “Are you talking to me?”
Docent: “Ahem, yes… you have a dog in that baby sling…”
Tom: (Shocked, aghast) “Excuuse you, mister. This is not a dog. It’s my BABY.”
Docent: “That’s a dog.”
Tom: “How dare you call my baby a dog!”
Etc, etc…
End Scene: Tom ends up getting dragged out of the museum while his “baby” runs over to an old bougie woman’s leg, pee’s on it, and runs out the door with Tom screaming in the background “YOU CANT TAKE MY BABY!!!” :laughter:

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
The thing about dogs is that as much as they love affection and nurturing, most of them will choose the person who "puts them in their place" to be "their person."
Exactly. If they are not feral, they will either be the alpha controlling the house and being a complete menace or they will need a human to step up and be the alpha. There can only be one alpha and the dog will give more loyalty and prefer the alpha human. Women tend to be bigger push-overs and therefore have a hard time being the alpha.

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
People prefer pets because they are easier to control than kids. Kids are a higher risk, higher reward relationship. I am not agreeing with the pet supporters, but I see their point-of-view.

sticker,375x360.png

ChristFollower1111

Pigeon
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
I had a dog in my early 20s. It isn’t even funny how quickly I stopped caring about it when my son was born. Even I was shocked by how unimportant that dog became to me- it was completely unplanned that my love and affection would get neutralized so drastically in the presence of my actual child. I honestly believed I’d only love the dog slightly less than my baby.
It’s really sad what people think they are substituting for children. It absolutely should be called out for the folly it is because some people genuinely believe that pets are acceptable replacements for children and base their life decisions on this. It’s insane.

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
I had a dog in my early 20s. It isn’t even funny how quickly I stopped caring about it when my son was born. Even I was shocked by how unimportant that dog became to me- it was completely unplanned that my love and affection would get neutralized so drastically in the presence of my actual child. I honestly believed I’d only love the dog slightly less than my baby.
It’s really sad what people think they are substituting for children. It absolutely should be called out for the folly it is because some people genuinely believe that pets are acceptable replacements for children and base their life decisions on this. It’s insane.
My brother and SIL actually chose their dog over their kids. They had one of those yapper Pomeranians and it literally barked all the time and it totally disrupted their baby’s sleep constantly and made them all absolutely miserable. The obvious solution is to get rid of the dog but some people prefer misery I guess.

The Beast1

Peacock
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I wouldn't mind so much if liberals opted out of the gene pool. Under normal circumstances conservatives with large families would then shift everything to the right at the ballot box and reclaim western countries. However, there are a lot of factors at play. Many of these women are intelligent and attractive. I also don't buy into the idea women cannot have children beyond their early 30s. I know tons of folks that had healthy children in their mid to late 30s and even early 40s. My ex-wife had my son at 41 (she was a lot older than me). My grandmother had my father (last of 8 children) at around 45. So there is still time for these ladies to wake up become trad wives and have kids if they want to.
There are quite a lot of issues with having children later in life. I actually think it gets much much harder for women 35+ to conceive and the whole, "I had kids at 45" meme is much less common in women. You hear about it because it's the exception, not the norm.

There's also the myriad of health issues that can come from this.

Not poo poing women who make this decision later in life but it's not ideal. Having kids ironically in your teens and 20s helps you bounce back way faster and you have the energy to keep up with the little rascals.

They're called geriatric pregnancies for a reason.
I love my dog but she's become quite the added burden with kids now. She's an old dog that's lived a long life and has traveled to more countries than most people. I won't make any qualms in saying this, but I'll be thrilled when she finally goes because it's one less responsibility I have to deal with.
My brother and SIL actually chose their dog over their kids. They had one of those yapper Pomeranians and it literally barked all the time and it totally disrupted their baby’s sleep constantly and made them all absolutely miserable. The obvious solution is to get rid of the dog but some people prefer misery I guess.
It always amazes me how people make fun of "inbred hicks and rednecks", yet go nuts for purebreds who have been bred into their siblings for generations creating the canine equivalent of Cletus.

Give me a well behaved mutt anyway of the week.

Durden347

Robin
Other Christian
Almost every friend and acquaintance I have has 1 or 2 pets and no children. Even the married ones. Many have stated they never want kids.

The ones who do have children, go to church. Go figure.
My sis has a bf that lives with her and a pet cat. They have already lived together for a couple of years and still have not officially tied the knot. Also, both are left-leaning millenials when it comes to politics. There is definitely a correlation.