The Physiognomy (is real) thread

Thomas More

Hummingbird
Fortis said above that if he was pissed off, he might look possessed or bad. I wasn't able to answer then and now there've already been some other good answers.

My thought at the time is that a virtuous person who is justifiably anger will look righteously angry, even if they are not conventionally attractive or charismatic. The Roald Dahl quote above expresses this well, even though he focuses on positive thought from a physically poor looking person. An angry person with ugly thoughts looks posessed but an angry person with good thoughts looks righteously angry.

I'm glad I've run across this part of the thread. I've been bitter about things in my life, both in my personal life over the decades, and in the way the world is changing. I''m sure this bitterness shows in my face, speech, and mannerisms. I also want to be a good person, and am eager to please in most situations with people that are not pissing me off, so that probably shows through as well.

I'm going to try to have more goodness in my heart, because I don't want to be ugly in the way Dahl described above. When bitter thoughts come, I'll view them as ugly thought, and try to push them aside and think of positive things instead.

la bodhisattva

Kingfisher
MajorStyles said:
Fox Sports...finding non-Jewish men that look more Jewish than Jews. But what a Cohencidence...Nic Wright (who is Greek) still has the trademark hatred for all the white goyim. Here he tells people to hate Grayson Allen because...well...you know...he's white and plays for Duke (which is like totally racist and stuff).

(((Fox))) really works hard at the physiognomy misdirection hustle.

nick-wright-grayson-allen-775x465.png

I'm a big college sports fan and not a big fan of Duke. The hate the school received in the past was attributed to its propping up by Vitale, which was reasonable.

However, citing Duke's elitism was always a misdirect. Stanford, Michigan, UVA, USC, UCLA, Vanderbilt, Northwestern are all power-5 programs, just as elitist, and some even more successful in athletics than Duke with more academic prestige (mainly in graduate programs). UVA and Vandy both won national championships in basketball and baseball last year, with other schools dominating lesser viewed sports like swimming, lacrosse, and hockey.

Oddly enough, Duke gets a lot of love when its stars are Zion Williamson and Justice Winslow. UNC gets hate when its star is Tyler Hansbrough - the player who led one of the more dominant tournament runs in recent history, only to be mocked and derided.

The corporate media and vocal minority consumers of athletics cannot stomach the reality that white boys are capable of dominating a sport or position historically dominated by minorities. Whites are given the place of unathletic jump shooters and quarterbacks. Out hit, out jump, out jook, out run, out shake, out spin, and out talk and you'll be the target of hate your entire career.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Check out the mugshot website for your county and see if you can tell the difference between habitual criminals and non criminals getting a DUI just by how they look.

And also, the criminals are using this kind of analysis to choose victims.

In a classic study, researchers Betty Grayson and Morris I. Stein asked convicted criminals to view a video of pedestrians walking down a busy New York City sidewalk, unaware they were being taped. The convicts had been to prison for violent offenses such as armed robbery, rape, and murder.

Within a few seconds, the convicts identified which pedestrians they would have been likely to target. What startled the researchers was that there was a clear consensus among the criminals about whom they would have picked as victims—and their choices were not based on gender, race, or age. Some petite, physically slight women were not selected as potential victims, while some large men were.

The researchers realized the criminals were assessing the ease with which they could overpower the targets based on several nonverbal signals—posture, body language, pace of walking, length of stride, and awareness of environment. Neither criminals nor victims were consciously aware of these cues. They are what psychologists call "precipitators," personal attributes that increase a person's likelihood of being criminally victimized.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/articles/200901/marked-mayhem

Fortis

Crow
Gold Member
Makes sense. A career-criminal is essentially an apex predator.

I'm gonna start a site called DarkTriadma...I mean CareerCriminalMindset.com

It'll teach you guys how to harness the power of your inner rapist, serial killer, murderer and use it to destroy the opposition.

You can PM me for more details.

Jones

Woodpecker
Read "Vaught's Practical Character Reader" (1902) if you are interested in this topic. It is in the public domain: it can be read for free.

The book is very based on human nature, and also a quick read because there's a lot of pictures.

It lays out the Masculine and Feminine faculties for example:

Masculine: Destructiveness, Combativeness, Firmness, Self-Esteem, Amativeness, Causality, Number, and Constructiveness.

Feminine: Benevolence, Parental Love, Approbativeness, Cautiousness, Conjugality, Comparison, Spirituality, Human Nature, and Eventuality.

Link: https://publicdomainreview.org/collection/vaught-s-practical-character-reader-1902

5b62cdef6f77f93d545d9e185c0ceb0b.jpg

ilostabet

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Before I was banned from twitter I came across a thread on physiognomy and bugman types at the office and how they would conspire against normal guys, and there were a few pictures and basically the same kind of soy face smile. One of them looked exactly like a guy that I worked with. A few months later I found out he was trying to get me fired for wrongthink behind the scenes (because of some joke I'd made about female sports). So yeah, from my personal direct experience, I know this is very real.

estraudi

Pelican
Gold Member
la bodhisattva said:
MajorStyles said:
The corporate media and vocal minority consumers of athletics cannot stomach the reality that white boys are capable of dominating a sport or position historically dominated by minorities. Whites are given the place of unathletic jump shooters and quarterbacks. Out hit, out jump, out jook, out run, out shake, out spin, and out talk and you'll be the target of hate your entire career.

Somehow what you've said reminds me of this explanation of minority sports capability.
[attachment=42837]

Attachments

• Farm implements.jpg
    Farm implements.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 2,125

Ember

Ostrich
Gold Member
Jones said:
Read "Vaught's Practical Character Reader" (1902) if you are interested in this topic. It is in the public domain: it can be read for free.

I flicked though that book and it looks like a load of old tosh. For starters the 'honest' face immediately reminded me of Egg McMuffin, the crooked CIA spook that tried to run against Trump in the primaries.

0gBoCNL.jpg

IN3YoUT.jpg

And we are supposed to believe that Dr. Spock is deceitful?

GhhVNCW.jpg

Thomas More

Hummingbird
rotekz said:
Jones said:

I flicked though that book and it looks like a load of old tosh. For starters the 'honest' face immediately reminded me of Egg McMuffin, the crooked CIA spook that tried to run against Trump in the primaries.

0gBoCNL.jpg

IN3YoUT.jpg

And we are supposed to believe that Dr. Spock is deceitful?

GhhVNCW.jpg

The photo in the middle is clearly rounded on top. The book says this indicates dishonesty.

I believe physiognomy tells a lot, but I do think this book is old tosh. You can't pin down characteristics firmly by details in skull shape. Much of what physiognomy shows is due to years of body language and facial expressions becoming permanently embedded in the flesh. Nutrition, exercise, and hormones are the other primary factors. Skull shape isn't affected by body language or hormones, although the rest of the face is.

Your typical manjaw feminist could have had a normal feminine face like her grandmother if she was raised to be gentle and submissive. Your typical soyboy would have been a tough, hardy looking man like his grandpa if he was born in a frontier town where he had to learn to fight for himself from the start.

MajorStyles

Pelican
Get a PHD in Film Studies from Harvard, wherein you’ll learn to worship this guy—it’s little wonder that so many men are turning to opioids and suicide when the media conflates nihilism with thought leadership.

woody.jpg

Teedub

Crow
Gold Member
debeguiled said:
Check out the mugshot website for your county and see if you can tell the difference between habitual criminals and non criminals getting a DUI just by how they look.

And also, the criminals are using this kind of analysis to choose victims.

In a classic study, researchers Betty Grayson and Morris I. Stein asked convicted criminals to view a video of pedestrians walking down a busy New York City sidewalk, unaware they were being taped. The convicts had been to prison for violent offenses such as armed robbery, rape, and murder.

Within a few seconds, the convicts identified which pedestrians they would have been likely to target. What startled the researchers was that there was a clear consensus among the criminals about whom they would have picked as victims—and their choices were not based on gender, race, or age. Some petite, physically slight women were not selected as potential victims, while some large men were.

The researchers realized the criminals were assessing the ease with which they could overpower the targets based on several nonverbal signals—posture, body language, pace of walking, length of stride, and awareness of environment. Neither criminals nor victims were consciously aware of these cues. They are what psychologists call "precipitators," personal attributes that increase a person's likelihood of being criminally victimized.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/articles/200901/marked-mayhem

Thanks for sharing that, really fascinating.

"If I had the slightest inkling that a woman wasn't someone I could easily handle, then I would pass right on by. Or if I thought I couldn't control the situation, then I wouldn't even mess with the house, much less attempt a rape there," says Brad Morrison, a convicted sex offender who raped 75 women in 11 states and who's quoted in Predators: Who They Are and How to Stop Them, by Gregory M. Cooper, Michael R. King, and Thomas McHoes.

"Like, if they had a dog, then forget it. Even a small one makes too much noise. If I saw a pair of construction boots, for example, out on the porch or on the landing, I walked right on by. In fact, I think if women who live alone would put a pair of old construction boots—or something that makes it look like a physically fit manly-type of guy lives with them—out in front of their door, most rapists or even burglars wouldn't even think about trying to get into their home."

I don't know if any of you have ever been mugged? But I was (attempted) when I was in my late teens. I speak well and am a fairly jovial guy, as were the friends I was with at the time. We were on our way to 6th form college and some chav types from the local estate approached us asking for our phones.

A few of us had been boxing for a few years so we retaliated before they could hit us and they eventually ran off to most likely pick on even easier looking victims. Even if you 'win' it's still incredibly unsettling and quite traumatising, looking back.

If things in the early 2000s were like today I'd just hand it over since they'd probably have knives, and getting stabbed to death over a Nokia 3210 isn't worth it. I got robbed and really hurt a year or two later in a nightclub by a multicultural posse. As a stupid teen I used to favour dressing like a member of the moneyed (criminal) underclass. I guess it's about striking a balance between looking like too much trouble but not challenging enough that you inspire the 'lets fuck this cunt up' impulse. I LARPed and got caught out I suppose.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
I doubt the you-wot-mates are perceptually in the top of the criminal classes.

You probably didn't look like easy prey, they were only setting themselves up for failure.