The Physiognomy (is real) thread

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
f2301419335e11e8424b36adb98836356c3289c9cd0d39e6ee013348eb8e1fde_1.webp

Argus101

Robin
Protestant
Millions of schoolchildren have been forced to wear masks for eight hours a day, every day, while in school to fight the alleged COVID-19 epidemic.
Not being able to see other people's facial expressions at the most vulnerable time in their lives, while their brains are still developing, will surely affect their ability to read faces. Does anyone on this forum know of any studies that compare children's social skills before and after the disastrous COVID-19 mandated lockdowns and masking?

Elipe

Ostrich
Protestant
Millions of schoolchildren have been forced to wear masks for eight hours a day, every day, while in school to fight the alleged COVID-19 epidemic.
Not being able to see other people's facial expressions at the most vulnerable time in their lives, while their brains are still developing, will surely affect their ability to read faces. Does anyone on this forum know of any studies that compare children's social skills before and after the disastrous COVID-19 mandated lockdowns and masking?
If you want something to lose sleep over, just think: these children will one day become managers, politicians, diplomats, and even teachers.

DanielH

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Does anyone on this forum know of any studies that compare children's social skills before and after the disastrous COVID-19 mandated lockdowns and masking?
I cite a study in this thread, it's worse than you'd expect:

Argus101

Robin
Protestant
@DanielH, thanks for your reply to my question about the impact of masking on childhood development. I just read your post in the thread,
The Impact of the Covid Reponse on Childhood Development. Wow! I can't believe children's "cognitive scores were significantly reduced
during the pandemic by 27 to 37 points (or almost two full standard deviations)." I did not see anything about this study in the mainstream media.
What evil times we live in! I would have thought that the same students who ceaselessly blather about "social justice" would go on strike and
refuse to wear the masks that make breathing and facial recognition harder.

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Test scores are one thing. But think about the permanent social damage that is being done to the next generation. If you can't bond socially with others in adolescence, learn to read emotions on people's faces, watch peoples reactions as you tell good or bad jokes, or fail or succeed in flirting with someone of the opposite sex, then just imagine what a disaster this generation will be socially.

Gen Z was already bad enough, with smartphones and lack of social interaction, but this will be orders of magnitude worse. We are going into year 3 now. 3 years in the development of an adolescent brain is HUGE.

I wonder how differently it will affect the sexes. Women are far more adept at reading non-verbal cues than men are. But how much of this is instinctual versus learned? If girls can't see faces, will this cause them to never develop this vital feminine skill, which will cause them great mental anxiety and dysfunction?

Covid really is going to take a massive toll, because of the awful reaction to it. Even if it were everything they claim it to be, the reaction to it was a disaster.

DanielH

Hummingbird
Orthodox
I wonder how differently it will affect the sexes
The study said men were much more severely affected, which makes sense, because boys need to learn with their hands. Remote learning or social distanced learning for most boys just does not work, while many girls I grew up with looking back would have almost no problem learning like that.

I did not see anything about this study in the mainstream media.
Yeah you'd think a study confirming that an entire generation of (especially) boys is now literally retarded from what we have pushed on them would be news-worthy. Guess the narrative is more important.

Argus101

Robin
Protestant
Yesterday about 60 students walked out of two high schools, Round Rock and Cedar Ridge High Schools, to demand "better COVID-19 rules enforcement." As one student told Austin-American-Statesman, she feels unsafe whenever she sees students walking about with their faces uncovered because they got a medical exemption. I can't believe how brainwashed these students are! Do they really want to wear masks on their faces forever? Even more surprising is that this walkout happened in Texas, supposedly the home of rugged cowboys. I know Round Rock is part of the greater Austin metropolitan area, and Austin is way more liberal than the rest of Texas (perhaps because it's the capital?), but still....
This is a good argument for not sending your children to government schools, since their real purpose is not to help your children fulfill their potential, but to promote submission to government, no matter how irrational it becomes.

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
Yesterday about 60 students walked out of two high schools, Round Rock and Cedar Ridge High Schools, to demand "better COVID-19 rules enforcement." As one student told Austin-American-Statesman, she feels unsafe whenever she sees students walking about with their faces uncovered because they got a medical exemption. I can't believe how brainwashed these students are! Do they really want to wear masks on their faces forever? Even more surprising is that this walkout happened in Texas, supposedly the home of rugged cowboys. I know Round Rock is part of the greater Austin metropolitan area, and Austin is way more liberal than the rest of Texas (perhaps because it's the capital?), but still....
This is a good argument for not sending your children to government schools, since their real purpose is not to help your children fulfill their potential, but to promote submission to government, no matter how irrational it becomes.
This is happening in Denver too. The news report showed some high schooler with turquoise hair talking into a megaphone to shout their demands. Those poor, precious snowflakes!

Elipe

Ostrich
Protestant
Yesterday about 60 students walked out of two high schools, Round Rock and Cedar Ridge High Schools
A quick, cursory Google search reveals that Round Rock has around 50,000 students. Cedar Ridge about 2,800. Put together, 60 out of 52,800 gives us 0.11% of the student body. So despite being only 0.11% of the student body, do you think they'll get their way? I mean, I can think of many other demographics that are undersized but massively overrepresented in our society.

Elipe

Ostrich
Protestant
No high school has 50k students, this is the number for the entire school district, not one high school!
Ah yes, you're right. The true number is around 3,400. So recalculating, that gives us 60 out of 6,200. Or 0.96% of the student body. That's still a very low rate, but they're advocating the globohomo position, so expect their voices to be amplified thousandfold.