The power of magic mushrooms

Caligula

Ostrich
Steve Jobs has said that taking LSD was one of the most important things he did in his life.

Jobs then traveled to India to visit the Neem Karoli Baba[38] at his Kainchi Ashram with a Reed College friend (and, later, the first Apple employee), Daniel Kottke, in search of spiritual enlightenment. He came back a Buddhist with his head shaved and wearing traditional Indian clothing.[39][40] During this time, Jobs experimented with psychedelics, calling his LSD experiences "one of the two or three most important things [he had] done in [his] life".

I'm sure psychedelics can do a lot of good in the right circumstances.

thegmanifesto

Peacock
Gold Member
Giovonny said:
"Shrooms" were a Game changer for me.

I highly recommened them.

Use with caution amoung friends you can trust. Preferably, outdoors.

Good advice.

Only do them in the most beautiful natural environments for maximum experience.

Surfing on them can be fun.

Joshua Tree is a good spot.

Or snorkeling in Cabo with lots of beautiful tropical fish is recommended.

FretDancer said:
Always been interested in shrooms and LSD, but I gotta admitt that a bad trip really scared the hell out of me.

I've introduced probably around 20 people to sacred fungus, and acted as a guide for most of these people, only once have I witnessed a friend have a "bad trip".

That is way more common with LSD, as LSD is mostly trash these days, and it's very hard to procure from a reliable source.

Furthermore, I've only tried "Lucy" a few times, and I wasn't nearly as impressed as I was with psilocybin, much less of a "profound spiritual experience".

I wouldn't recommend anyone trip on acid or shrooms if they're already worried about a bad trip. You have to be in the right mindframe. Acid is fuuuuuun. That can be a long and wild rollercoaster.

For me, taking mushrooms was kind of like injesting the red pill and seeing the matrix, but more in terms of society, culture, spirituality, etc.

It can be a profound spiritual/mystical experience, and if you've never experienced one, now is the best time to start.

kerouac

Ostrich
The only time i took shrooms was in Amsterdam when I was going through some complex thoughts that mixed with anxiety I had a hard time getting cleared up in my head. I took the shrooms and just walked around that beautiful city, and thought about all that stuff while I was walking around, taking in all the scenery at the same time, et voila, it was all good after that. Since then I haven't taken shrooms but I am very fond of the drug since that first experience.

Samseau

Owl
Gold Member
I loved shrooms! I had a great vision while tripping, it gave me so much perspective on human relationships that, to this day, I'll never forget.

_DC_

Kingfisher
I've done a bit of psychedelics myself.

I think it really depends on the person.

"Acid is not for every brain - only the healthy, happy, wholesome, handsome, hopeful, humorous, high-velocity should seek these experiences," Leary explained. "This elitism is totally self-determined. Unless you are self-confident, self-directed, self-selected, please abstain."

As for me, I've done a few shroom trips (both being profound experiences) as well as a mescaline trip. I passed on an LSD chance only because of job logistics.

Its nice to see people on the forum who've experimented as well. It obviously has little to do with game outside of maybe an inner game type perspective. I respect people who do this kind of thing. Most people who have tried psychedelics have done some with a lot of research and curiosity. Not everybody can simply research something themselves and make their own conclusions e.g. ignoring "because it's illegal it must be bad, and I certainly shouldn't do it".

Giovonny

Crow
Gold Member
Amour Fou said:
Giovonny said:
"Shrooms" were a Game changer for me.

I highly recommend them.

Use with caution among friends you can trust. Preferably, outdoors.

Can you expand on that?? In what sense was it a Game changer?

It was a Game changer because for the first time in my life I had absolutely zero fear. That alone was a great experience. My previous experiences and memories faded away and it was like I was a brand new person. A fearless person. All tension, worry, and anxiety went away. When I sobered up, that stuff was greatly reduced. I accepted the world the way it is.

Experiencing that was motivating.