The power of persistence

Persistence is insistence in the face of resistance. You like that? I came up with it myself.

I think I'm starting to realize that regardless of anything else (talent, opportunity, time etc), persisting is a very powerful thing. I get the feeling that life has a way of giving you what you want if you take action and don't stop. It's time I discovered that.

I wonder if anyone has any inspiring stories of persisting in life and achieving results.

Last edited:
"Vladmir"^^

And all that persistance was for not; looks like I blew my life's goal in less than 20 seconds, by spelling OPs name incorrectly.

No "inspiration" from me to see here, folks; move along, move along.:(

EndlessGravity

Woodpecker
I think I'm starting to realize that regardless of anything else (talent, opportunity, time etc), persisting is a very powerful thing.
You'd probably be surprised how often you can win by showing up at all or showing up the second time. People give up, often immediately, in droves.

Tell people you worked for three days straight and they'll think you're crazy or lying. They can't comprehend working a full 8 hours, let alone 24.

As you age you'll need to deal with problem after problem, often with increasing costs, and to build something you have to take those with patience and calm if you don't want to have a heart attack.

Persistence is insistence in the face of resistance. You like that? I came up with it myself.

I think I'm starting to realize that regardless of anything else (talent, opportunity, time etc), persisting is a very powerful thing. I get the feeling that life has a way of giving you what you want if you take action and don't stop. It's time I discovered that.

I wonder if anyone has any inspiring stories of persisting in life and achieving results.
Vladimir, with rhymes like that, you should become the first ever white hip hop motivational speaker! Oh, my gosh! We're, errr..., you're gonna be rich!!! Books, ebooks, audio books, dvds, streaming videos, bobbing head figurines, one on one coaching, motivational ocean cruises, million person stadium concert rallies, firewalking, you name it! I'll be your manager and accountant... :blush:

I feel like we will all be cancelled at some point, the memory is the mystery of life. Friends that are gone live in our heads for a few more years. I am thankful I had a small chance to be heard by just a few of them.

I have a simple prayer, I hope it is appropriate. "Not my problem God, you deal with him."

RIP VP