The Proud Boys Thread

jarlo

Woodpecker
Orthodox
The Proud Boys have been in and out of media discussion over the last few months when the media decides to falsely claim they're a "white supremacist" group. They've recently reentered national prominence when Biden and Wallace tried and failed to get Trump to denounce them in the first presidential debate.

I did not know much about them, but as I read about them, I've started to like them more. Here's a meme which sums up a bit of their beliefs:

JAJ4uwCw.jpeg

These are mostly all things I agree with. On net I'd still be hesitant to join them, since their main public activity seems to be to troll Antifa/BLM during their rallies, and I don't think that's productive. However, I could easily be convinced that I'm wrong.

Are any of you "Proud Boys" or know anyone who is, and/or do you have any thoughts on them and their activities?

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
I was in proud boys for almost a year, leaving the day of CVille because I realized the hammer was going to come down. Some of their ideology is awful as far as their libertarianism and their Zionism. They're pro Israel, pro homosexuality, basically worship minorities, always trying to put them in front of the cameras, or otherwise be on their side. They're not a Christian group - the chapter I was in had a Jew and at least one atheist/agnostic.

I still agree with their core values for the most part but it's the social compromises they make that make me skeptical of them. To be fair, if they didn't support some of those things I'm against, the full weight of the federal government would come down on them, infiltrating them and framing them, so it's pretty much the only way they can remain a visible group. Having a big tent is necessary now although not always ideal.

There's a lot I like about them, they have great optics for normie conservative men (masculinity, aesthetics, humor), which is great. It's also good that “our side” has some infrastructure to counter Antifa. It's also just really nice to be part of a men's group, but now that I'm getting married and I need to provide for my future family I can't get involved in stuff like that now.

Last edited:

Thomas More

Hummingbird
I agree with everything on that list as well. However, I'm not looking to be publicly recognized as a right wing or traditionalist crusader at this time.

I am willing to drop moderately trolling comments here and there, but am not ready to come out hard core at this time.

I'm calling it a farce, or at least a con-op. It is the shirts vs the skins from the top down, and the further down the totem pole the turd falls the less likely the opposing forces are able to recognize its all a jig. There is no concentrated and well-funded group that has a true Christian backing. A truth soup sprinkled with some grounded lie seasoning still is still a lie, just like putting perfume on a pig doesn't change the fact that it's still an obnoxious oinker.

The current leader of the proud boys is a black man, and their opponents (leftists, radicals, bolsheviks, marxists, antifa, news stations) are calling them huwhyte soopreeemuh-cysts. To anyone who can't spot the con right now, its simple, all of this theatricality is to keep you from noticing the small group of bankers (some not jewish btw, but all evil regardless) who are running the world system in their image and imbuing everyone alive with their profane psychopathy and fellow hatred towards mankind. Heaven forbid if normies all knew that their entirety of woes derived from the actions of several thousand shekel-shiesters and their incestuous lineages.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
A normie but somewhat based friend of mine mentioned that a couple of my buddies back in another city were talking at the gym about joining a local chapter of Proud Boys. It's interesting that the proud boys while small, were mentioned in the debate and since have reached the common man. The (((Media))) has made them bigger than they ever have been, perhaps Trump and Wallace for bringing them up.

I view the Proudboys as liberal in the classical sense. My personal poltics are no longer liberal or libertarian, but a return to this would be an upgrade from full communism. They have a masculine ethos from what I can see and that's a good thing. Stop being apologetic

The point mentioned about them having some semblance of an infrasturcture. I think the relevant question for people is whether now is the time to unite under a group to counter Antifa? Myself, If I was in the US I would prefer to hold down my resistance with a local militia of guys I trust rather than the Proudboys. I did begin to follow them on telegram though. It's important to acquaint ourselves with them, from there you can decide from what you see, from what they say, how close or involved you want to be with them.

Myself I've never met a proudboy, but there might be some new ones coming on. I saw on telegram that they were annoyed wtih a bunch of boomers wanting to join their ranks!

Last edited:

LoveBug

Kingfisher
Seems a weird mix.

Standard conservative folks of color probably wouldn’t join them with the overtones

And a lot of alt right folks just favor being around white homogeneity

So who is joining?

godfather dust

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I dislike the amount of virtue signalling they do.

Similar to Gavin with his "I love fags and Jews, hell I experiment with homosexuality myself!" They allow openly gay members (personally I won't spend 1 second with a homosexual unless it's completely unavoidable) and now on their knees kissing BLMs (Jewish) feet at press conferences (and Jews will be strongly opposed to any "west is the best" group.)

That would be less of a problem if there was evidence they were effective at countering antifa, but it looks like they will be most effective at getting a lot of members a lot of years in prison at this point in time. I would say the main issue is having a name and organization that can be pointed to.

MichaelWitcoff

Ostrich
Orthodox
I can’t really take the Proud Goys seriously, but I think it was a mistake for Trump to disavow them and clever of Wallace to make him do so at the debate. Wallace was doing to Trump what Trump was doing to Biden, getting him to say things that would make supporters turn their backs. I’m not sure how Trump didn’t realize that his own technique was being used against him.

I just don't see how the Proud Boys can be said to be a white supremacist group, and it bothers me when people make the accusation. I have a friend of many years, who I only recently realized was basically an sjw, who railed against them on his FB profile. But one of his friends took him to task about his statement, and shared positive information about the group. I made a comment about how the SPLC has at times gone awry, and has been successfully sued in the past for slander.

I think my friend turned sjw after being in the Air Force, combined with years in corporate America. On another FB post he lashed out at racism, which is a good thing, but it came off as extreme virtue signaling. A few of his friends kind of indirectly ribbed him about it. I joked how a friend of mine from years ago, felt everyone should marry a person of color, to stamp out racism. And so he should dump his white girlfriend and follow such advice, if he is truly ravenously against racism! His girlfriend, a good friend of mine, commented that I hurt her feelings. Again, just a joke, and I made it clear that it was when I wrote it, but he pm'd me and lashed out in anger for my "asshole comments." I apologized, though part of me did not want to, and he finally accepted it. I always thought we were good friends, but now I wonder. And the whole thing hurts, because I do value his friendship. He is a good man, and accomplished, but kind of ruled by his passions and emotions.

He married young to a Latina woman who after over a decade of marriage, left him for another man, and that really tore him up inside, as it would most guys. And so my comment inadvertently hit that nerve. I suppose I need to be more careful in what I post on FB.

Last edited:

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Acting like the proud boys are a huge threat is a weird flex by the left that is not ok. It is a sign of desperation.
The more we understand the concept of the hard left being extremist ideologues that tolerate no moderation the better we grasp what we're up against.

Marxism requires full faith acceptance in order to overcome the gaps in facts, history, reality, and human nature. Moderately liberal positions are viewed as much of a threat as more conservative views....

"Tolerance" is actually "blasphemy" and a righteous battle cause to the Bio-Leninist.

Only full adherence to canon is acceptable

Kekemet

Sparrow
The truth is that the left has succesfully demonized each little right wing movement to the point that left wing talking points are now even present in this very thread. It seems that many people even here have to virtue signal about how they are not reecist. At the same time, conservatives in the US, the last western country with a large conservative presence, spent the last years making fun of the left while the left beat them at each battleground there is.
Always I could read how these conservatives were coping online (also in this forum) about how it is just "Commiefornia" and how the midwest is based. They said how they will defend themselves with their guns when they see the BLM protests in their neighbourhood.
Now back to reality: Texas is turning blue, Arizona is turning blue, the Carolinas are turning blue, Florida is turning blue and so on. Nashville and the Texan cities have become liberal cities. Your kids will be indoctrinated in universities and you are still not learning. Conservatives probably will never win an election again (after Trump) and people here tell me that the left is desperate?
The left will lose, but not to us, they will lose to the new authoritarians (hint: not hueite American christians).
The only way to turn this was if Trump became everything the left has called him so far, and even if that happened, there would be foreign intervention.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
The more we understand the concept of the hard left being extremist ideologues that tolerate no moderation the better we grasp what we're up against.

Marxism requires full faith acceptance in order to overcome the gaps in facts, history, reality, and human nature. Moderately liberal positions are viewed as much of a threat as more conservative views....

"Tolerance" is actually "blasphemy" and a righteous battle cause to the Bio-Leninist.

Only full adherence to canon is acceptable

It also doesn't hurt to own all the tv stations. Without that, the proud boys would have the relevance of an animated dancing baby.

Easy_C

Peacock
Eh. I don’t really care if they’re “racist”. The organization is started as a literal joke, is a joke compared to what’s brewing in red areas (I’ve got some reason to believe there’s a lot of very serious, scary dudes organizing for a fight) and no grown ass man should be part of an organization that calls itself “boys”

There’s a reason why (outside of one club named after a military unit’s nickname) you don’t see any biker orgs calling themselves “boys”. Just “Sons” in a few instances.

I suspect the reason why these guys are picked by the left is because they’re NOT scary. The name sounds goofy, they look goofy at their rallies, and they have a large number of guys who (appearance wise) look like douchebags. The left needs villains who play into their narcissism and these guys fit the bill.