The R.I.P. Thread

Pete345

Robin
Orthodox

BasilSeal

Kingfisher
Catholic
Gold Member
You might have heard about the passing of Vin Scully. There were a few morning news pieces on it, which covered some of his particularly memorable phrases as a legendary baseball commentator and announcer. Here is an aspect they failed to cover, in any segment that I saw. R.I.P.

Scully was a devout Catholic who found in his faith a source of joy and comfort and sought to share it with others through personal kindness and philanthropy.

In 2016, Scully — a devotee of the Virgin Mary — created a two-CD audio recording of the rosary. The sales benefitted the outreach organization Catholic Athletes for Christ, which ministers to high school students.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Are you talking about Clint Eastwood? What is your source? I see nothing about it and I have been looking.
A friend of mine thats in the industry heard it from his producer via text while we were on the ph a couple hours ago....but ive not seen confirmation either so, grain of salt

GuitarVH

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
A friend of mine thats in the industry heard it from his producer via text while we were on the ph a couple hours ago....but ive not seen confirmation either so, grain of salt

OK let us know. There was a rumor a few weeks ago about his death and there have been articles celebrating him lately, so it could be foreshadowing. He is 92 after all.

I GOTS TO KNOW!

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

Jiu-jitsu legend Leandro Lo shot dead in Brazil: reports​

Legendary Jiu-jitsu fighter Leandro Lo was fatally shot Sunday at a Sao Paulo concert, according to reports.

A lawyer for the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world champion confirmed that his client, 33, died after being declared brain-dead from the shooting, according to a report by MMA Fighting.

The killing allegedly took place during a confrontation between Lo and Police Officer Henrique Otávio Oliveira Velozo, the outlet reported.

Witnesses said Velozo grabbed a bottle from Lo’s table and that the fighter took the cop down and held him, according to the outlet, citing a police report.

After the pair were separated, Velozo allegedly pulled out a gun, firing a round into Lo’s forehead, according to the site.

Lo had dominated the sport since 2011, winning eight World Championships titles – which made him one of the most decorated jiu-jitsu fighters of all time. Just earlier this year, he won another World Championship in California, the site reported.

“A very sad day for the BJJ community,” analyst and former UFC fighter Kenny Florian tweeted. “Leandro was a legend.”

Dusty

Owl
Gold Member
Olivia Newton John. Dead.

I never knew until about a year ago that shes Jewish. Her grandfather (Max Born) was one of the pioneers of Quantum Mechanics, and won a Nobel. I have pretty good jewdar, but up to recently I would have thought she had perfect aryan feature that would make uncle Addy blush.
1659991976817.jpeg

Last edited: