The R.I.P. Thread

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
Kenneth Starr died of complications from surgery at Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center in Houston.

I remember when he was the Special Prosecutor. He was after the Clintons, who I didn't like, but he was clearly on a fishing expedition without any proper basis, as bad as the Mueller investigation against Trump. The Special Prosecutor's office should be completely outlawed. A court appointed prosecutor can just start digging into everybody's lives, no matter how tenuous their relationship to the original supposed offense that prompted his appointment. They are known for being abusive, just like the many abusive side cases that grew out of the Mueller investigation.

In later years, I heard interviews with him in which he seemed fairly reasonable, but I clearly remember his supposed investigation of the Clintons turning into a limitless which hunt.

Of course he's dead now, so I shouldn't speak ill of him. I hope he was saved, and I pray comfort for his family.

Nordwand

Pelican
Other Christian
Henry Silva, old school Hollywood bad guy, who also made a name for himself in European cinema:

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

Aaron Carter dead at 34: Pop star had troubled life​

Aaron Carter has died at the age of 34, The Post can confirm.

“Aaron has passed,” Lori Graf, manager of Aaron’s older brother, Nick Carter, wrote in an email to The Post.

The child-star-turned-rapper was found dead Saturday at his home in California, TMZ reported.

Sources told the outlet Carter was discovered in his bathtub after a 911 call was made about a drowning.

A Los Angeles sheriff’s spokesperson told The Post that deputies responded to Carter’s residence at 10:58 a.m. local time and found a deceased person. A cause of death has not been announced.

“It is with great regret to confirm Aaron Carter was found unresponsive this a.m. in his home in Palmdale, CA,” Carter’s rep told Page Six on Saturday.

“The family has been notified and will be flying out to Los Angeles. Aaron worked very hard towards the end of his life in recovery, to be a good father and to make amends with his family.”

Vince Dooley, legendary Georgia football coach, dead at 90​

Vince Dooley, the football coach who carried himself like a professor and guided Georgia for a quarter-century of success that included the 1980 national championship, died Friday. He was 90.

The school announced that Dooley died peacefully at his Athens home in the presence of his wife, Barbara, and their four children, including former Tennessee coach Derek Dooley. No cause of death was given.

Tim Roth’s son dead at 25: Cormac was a rock star on the rise​

Cormac Roth, a musician and the son of British movie star Tim Roth, has passed away at 25, following a battle with cancer.

He died on Oct. 16; however, the family didn’t disclose the tragic news until recently.

“He was a wild and electric ball of energy and his spirit was filled with light and goodness,” Cormac’s family said in a statement, per Variety. “As wild as he was, Cormac was also the embodiment of kindness. A gentle soul who brought so much happiness and hope to those around him.”

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
I always found her voice more appealing than Stevie Nicks.
I saw FM in concert a few years ago, when she was touring with them. She had gone about 10 years without touring before the time I saw them. I had seats way in back, and from my vantage, she appeared to be be slim and active, with blond hair, and with a strong voice. I was very surprised after the concert to look it up and see she was 70. I think she was only about 60 in the video above.

She's obviously not hot at that age, but she must have taken care of herself pretty well. I just looked it up, and she died at 79. It must have been longer ago than I realized when I saw them tour.

Nordwand

Pelican
Other Christian
Squadron Leader George Johnson, the last surviving member of 617 Squadron:

I'll be mentioning this at work today, and if I get any recognition, I'll be very surprised.