The reason you dislike Islam

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Islam denies the divinity of Jesus Christ.

This means that Islam is a worldy religion, so what else do I need to know ? Based on Christian principles it is inherently evil. It is not connected to God's perfect will, but only his permissive will. In other words, God does not want Islam, but allows it to exist as a worldly evil.

If Islam is not simply worldly, then Islam is an antichrist religion. Does it matter if I like Islam or not? In many ways Islamic people have more similar values to a traditional Catholic then a modern secularized western person. In many ways they are closer to God in that they still believe in God, while many believe in Science.
In this way, perhaps there is hope. That they are the remnant of a dark aryan time in the 4th century that somehow morphed into Islam.

The killing of Apostates is a dead giveaway. (pardon the pun).
-- This is like a guy telling his girlfriend, "if you leave me I will shoot you". Some relationship.

I would add to this the constant litany of Muslims saying "No the Quran doesn't say that", when we clearly know it does. Most Muslim people divorce themselves from the root of the religion, the book itself. They can't walk away and be an apostate, or they feel they would be killed, so they just change what they want it to say to suit their life.

Last edited:

Serie A1

Woodpecker
This is true. As someone who dated a few Ukrainian women over the years in Ukraine, a lot of Ukrainian women refused to date or marry Muslim men based on the above mentioned reason.
Dude, a fair number of Ukrainian women are Muslims: there is a Tatar Muslim minority in Crimea which comprises roughly 15% of the population there.

In fact, the opera singer Jamala (Susana Alimivna Jamaladinova) won the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest for Ukraine (their second victory in the competition):

hero.jpg

She even had a stamp issued in her honour by Ukrposhta:

Jamala_2017_stamp_of_Ukraine.jpg

tractor

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I would prefer living next door to a faithful muslim family rather than sodomites or tattoed metal heads any time.

That being said, Christians have to follow the First Commandment: "I am Lord your God... You shall have no other Gods before me." Granted, it doesn't command us to hate islam or to be suspiscious of it but Christians should never accept the narrative pushed on us that all religions are equal and even welcome the mass migration of people who believe in the false god.

In fact, you can even make a claim that the muslim migration to Europe is God's punishment for the Westerners because of our misbehavior in the recent decades, idol worshipping, fornication and sodomy among others. The significant portion of the Old Testament is dedicated to God's punishing Israelites for their atrocities by allowing the neighboring pagan states to overrun Israel.

I would say that from a Christian perspective there is nothing after Christ. Any religion or prophet that comes after Jesus Christ is a false religion/prophet. Jesus Christ himself foretold and warned of many false prophets/religions.

I second that.

I don't want to pass on a Muslim country to my children. I want to pass on one with all the good of the past, with moderate changes, and where my children look like me. I want it to be a high-trust society based on bonds formed outside of the state over hundreds of years; not endless animosity followed by replacement, with an insane left that waggles immigrants, Muslims and anything else they can get hold of to demolish the native culture.

I second that, too. The argument presented here is not theological but you get the idea. Think of your historic muslim homeland and apply to it everything done to Europe/US by its elites in reversal (forced mass migration of Christians rapidly forming cultural exclaves in your neighbourhood and your gov't tells you to shut your mouth). Would you like that? Of course, it's not muslims' fault that they're used as a proxy to destroy every tenet of European/Christian traditionalism but many of you guys vote for the satanic left/green parties only because they're for double citizenship, more muslim migration, easier naturalization without any language skills etc. It's on you.

Islam denies the divinity of Jesus Christ.

I second that, too.

tractor

Woodpecker
Orthodox
@OP, to be honest there is a wide spectrum of feelings amongst Christians towards Islam, from outright antipathy to admiration.

Something important to note in this context is that to many Christians, Islam is seen as 'growing', 'younger' and 'relevant' to the general populations of Muslim-majority countries and maybe even beyond, while their own churches are struggling horribly demographically: congregations are dwindling; churches are being sold and turned into housing; they see very little Christian influence in the media or with the youth.

Conversely, they look at the Islamic world – where young people still turn up to places of worship to pray, and where the media is still basically respectful of religious practices – with a mixture of emotions: sadness, maybe some jealousy, too.

I'm sure there's some envy among the Westerners towards Islam but not concerning their religiosity.

Why should a follower of Jesus Christ envy someohe who follows the false god? It's satanic.

The envy or jealosy towards Islam is widespread mostly among atheists and around different issues. Of course, these people will never admit that but subconsciously they do envy you, guys.

1. Victim status - there're many guys (I believe also on this forum) who hate/envy Islam because of the double standard applied to them and the muslims. "Why if we do this it's bad and if they do no one cares?" You can see this kind of rhetoric from the Red Ice types who's god is their skin color. - Christians don't whine, if they do, they're hypocrites. "Turn the other cheek" is not about pussy ass wimps, it's about men who can afford turning the other cheek. The wimps have no choice in this matter.

2. "They're freeloaders" - Another popular trope among the right wing atheists. Why are you so bothered if someone makes less money than you? Espeacially, if they don't steal it. Again, it's not a Christian argument. It's an atheist counting his money (=idol worshipping).

3. Relative abundance of children - while atheists bust their asses in a cubicle and at the age of 35 finally decide to settle down and get one kid, many muslims set their priorities differently. Women are not pushed in the men's shoes, they work less (if ever) so it's not uncommon to see a muslim family with 3-4 kids. The atheists don't like that. If you tell them about their life choices and why they spend a decade on counting their money (=idol worshipping) instead of building a family, they don't want to hear it. Meanwhile, every man of Christian faith I know personally has at least 3 kids. You can guess they're not jealous of Muslims.

Edit (added): 4. Tribe consciousness - if your only child is always beaten up by Turks and their numerous cousins, you're of course angry. But putting the blame on the Muslims, you subconsciously envy them because they care about their relatives and the larger family far more than you. Christians are expected to be fruitful and multiply and respect their parents. So, it's non-Christian to be jealous of another tribe's large families. Have your own.

Last edited:
Islam has always been the complete opposite of everything that the Christian European civilization stood for. Don't fall for this trap of "Muslims are similar to Catholic/Christian trads before secularism". They're clearly not and it was observed during the crusades where both sides realized just how fundamentally different their cultures are.

There's a reason why Christian West conquered the world while Islam remained a stale, unimaginative and ultimately boring slavish society.

It's the same reason why the left loves Islam but hates Christianity.

Islam is nothing but a theocratic version of communism. This is why they never achieved the heights of Christian West. The West is its own biggest enemy, Islam is irrelevant and not a threat.

My ancestors fought against both Muslim Ottoman empire and communism, and they always compared the two. "Once the Turks, now the Bolsheviks".

Serie A1

Woodpecker
I'm sure there's some envy among the Westerners towards Islam but not concerning their religiosity.

Why should a follower of Jesus Christ envy someohe who follows the false god? It's satanic.

The envy or jealosy towards Islam is widespread mostly among atheists and around different issues. Of course, these people will never admit that but subconsciously they do envy you, guys.

1. Victim status - there're many guys (I believe also on this forum) who hate/envy Islam because of the double standard applied to them and the muslims. "Why if we do this it's bad and if they do no one cares?" You can see this kind of rhetoric from the Red Ice types who's god is their skin color. - Christians don't whine, if they do, they're hypocrites. "Turn the other cheek" is not about pussy ass wimps, it's about men who can afford turning the other cheek. The wimps have no choice in this matter.

2. "They're freeloaders" - Another popular trope among the right wing atheists. Why are you so bothered if someone makes less money than you? Espeacially, if they don't steal it. Again, it's not a Christian argument. It's an atheist counting his money (=idol worshipping).

3. Relative abundance of children - while atheists bust their asses in a cubicle and at the age of 35 finally decide to settle down and get one kid, many muslims set their priorities differently. Women are not pushed in the men's shoes, they work less (if ever) so it's not uncommon to see a muslim family with 3-4 kids. The atheists don't like that. If you tell them about their life choices and why they spend a decade on counting their money (=idol worshipping) instead of building a family, they don't want to hear it. Meanwhile, every man of Christian faith I know personally has at least 3 kids. You can guess they're not jealous of Muslims.

Edit (added): 4. Tribe consciousness - if your only child is always beaten up by Turks and their numerous cousins, you're of course angry. But putting the blame on the Muslims, you subconsciously envy them because they care about their relatives and the larger family far more than you. Christians are expected to be fruitful and multiply and respect their parents. So, it's non-Christian to be jealous of another tribe's large families. Have your own.
Dude, are you even aware that Christians (and Jews) in the Middle East use the word 'Allah' for 'God'? It's the same deity.

'When Christians across the Middle East pray to God, they use the term “Allah”. Walk into a church in Cairo, Baghdad or Beirut this coming Sunday and you will hear the name of “Allah” invoked. That also applies to the Jews of the Arab world, who for centuries have prayed to “Allah”.'

Dude, are you even aware that Christians (and Jews) in the Middle East use the word 'Allah' for 'God'? It's the same deity.

'When Christians across the Middle East pray to God, they use the term “Allah”. Walk into a church in Cairo, Baghdad or Beirut this coming Sunday and you will hear the name of “Allah” invoked. That also applies to the Jews of the Arab world, who for centuries have prayed to “Allah”.'

Just because the term is the same it does not mean that the "god" is also the same. I mean we also say that Zeus was a Greek god.

If you believe in Christian God you can't believe in other religions. Especially since Muslims don't believe in the holy trinity.

Blade Runner

Pelican
Orthodox
Just because the term is the same it does not mean that the "god" is also the same. I mean we also say that Zeus was a Greek god.

If you believe in Christian God you can't believe in other religions. Especially since Muslims don't believe in the holy trinity.
That was an awful misdirection/non-argument. Come on, Serie A1 ... that was an unbelievably embarrassing thought (I really hope this wasn't the case), or attempt.

Serie A1

Woodpecker

Neither do many Christians (think: Unitarians), and of those that do, for many of them it remains a sticky point because of the seeming illogicality of the doctrine: how can God be one and indivisible, but also be three and divisible at the same time?

Sometimes there can be at least as much difference within religions as between them.

Neither do many Christians (think: Unitarians), and of those that do, for many of them it remains a sticky point because of the seeming illogicality of the doctrine: how can God be one and indivisible, but also be three and divisible at the same time?

Sometimes there can be at least as much difference within religions as between them.

I'm Catholic so I don't consider Unitarians Christians. And I don't consider Muslims to have the same 'god' either. If you're Catholic you have practically zero reasons to cater to Muslims in any way, unless you're a modernist heretic.

Serie A1

Woodpecker
I'm Catholic so I don't consider Unitarians Christians. And I don't consider Muslims to have the same 'god' either. If you're Catholic you have practically zero reasons to cater to Muslims in any way, unless you're a modernist heretic.
'“Allah” is indeed the same God worshipped by Catholics and other Christians. The Catechism of the Catholic Church states: “The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day.” (CCC, 841)'