The reason you dislike Islam

Excellent summary MilvianForce.

You forgot three things about early Islamic history; the Treaty of Hudaybiya, the Ridda Wars, and the Satanic Verses.

The Treaty of Hudaybiya was a ceasefire signed by Muhammad/Muslims and Pagan Quraysh tribe where they agreed to a 10 year truce of no war. Muhammad was forced to sign this because the Pagans were still too strong. About 2-3 years into the treaty, the Pagans became very weakened. When Muhammad saw that their guard was down and that they were weaker, he immediately broke the treaty and conquered all of Mecca from the Pagans. Funny enough he spared almost all of the Pagans in Mecca because they were from his tribe. Notice the irony? He genocided many (like the Banu Qurayza Jews) but spares his tribal own kinfolk from genocide.

As soon as Muhammad died a large portion of Muslims went back to their Pagan faith. Abu Bakr, the new caliph, carried out a civil war to kill or reconvert-by-force those Muslims who became Pagans. This was called the Ridda Wars. A bloody affair that saw the Muslims victorious. That's because Islam allows the killing of apostates (Muslims who leave their religion). They have to use force to keep people from leaving their religion, even back then in Muhammad's time. There is no free will or voluntary choice in Islam, only submission through fear/force.

The angel Gabriel that Muhammad saw was most likely the devil (even the devil can appear as an angel of light). This is further confirmed when Muhammad was given a revelation from the devil but couldn't differentiate it from "Gabriel"; this controversy is known in Islam as "The Satanic Verses". Muslims explain that away as a simple one-off event.

This man is nothing other than a false prophet with a false religion. Sadly this is misguiding billions away from Christ.

Again we see Jesus Christ warning us of such evil.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit." Matthew 7:15-17

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. You bring up three very good points: The treaty of Hudaybiya, The Ridda wars (which I was just about to type and The Satanic verses). You explained them well, kudos for actually knowing these three things, especially the treaty and the Ridda wars. Let's also throw in the fact that Muhammad made his adoptive son Zayd, divorce his wife (Zaynab) so that he could have her for himself. We call that lust, a vice that should be controlled and has stated: "Thou shoult not covet another mans wife" apparently Muhammad didn't get the memo.

I'm no fan of Islam but the so-called Muslim terrorism is entirely orchestrated by the globalists and the Muslims who participate are just their mafia-style goons with no actual independent political or religious agenda, and their targets are never important people but random "peasants" that the globalists despise.

This is obvious when you consider that absolutely no important Western person has died in those terrorist attacks. If these terrorist groups were really fighting for "Islam" against "the West", they would have killed important Westerners and not a bunch of random people in restaurants and concerts. All these groups like ISIS and al-Qaeda clearly cooperate with the Western power structures and don't dare to make the kind of terrorist attacks that would piss off these structures. Politicians know this and never went into hiding despite preaching us about "ISIS terror". Instead the terrorists only ever targeted the people who the Western oligarchs deem as disposable well. Do you really think that's a coincidence? The targets that are killed by Muslim terrorists just happen to be the same types of people that the globalist elites would not piss on if they were on fire? It's clear these terrorists do not want to piss the Western globalists they're supposedly fighting against by killing anyone they value. So they're not fighting for Islam but are just mafia-like goons doing jobs for the globalists and what are essentially their extortion rackets. If they were actually in war with the West, they would make attacks that would hurt those power structures. Do you really believe that those groups are supposedly able to do 9/11 on their own but can't kill a single Western politician in 20+ years?

Western politicians are supposedly at war with these dangerous Islamic terrorists, but take no real safety precautions and are out there at the open. Come on, it's obvious that they are aware they have nothing to fear from these terrorists. They would never target them because they work for the same power structures.

Connecting ISIS, al-Qaeda with Islam is like connecting Bologna bombing in 1980 with fascism. There were other people who organized and truly benefit from these attacks, and it wasn't Muslims or fascists. Yeah, the actual people who committed these attacks declared themselves as Muslims/Fascists, but were just tools for some completely other goals in the large picture. Tell me please how exactly would Islam benefit from killing few dozen random people and other pointless attacks? It makes no sense why they would do these attacks for their religion/politics, especially after those attacks did absolutely nothing for political benefit of Islam in decades. These attacks are orchestrated by the globalists with the intention to intimidate Western people and impose laws and restrictions. It would be like blaming China for having covid restrictions in the West. Yes, the Chinese authorities are part of the story, but not the main problem.

Also in the past Islam never did these suicidal attacks, it was never their modus operandi. The Ottomans didn't send random suicide attackers to Vienna to kill 20 odd people in the market in the 16th century. The Moors did not make suicidal attacks in Frankish empire and killing random peasants during Charlemagne era. It's something that started very recently and surprisingly with the terrorist groups and figures that were clearly connected to the West like Bin Laden and Baghdadi.

Like I said, I'm no fan of Islam but it's because of completely different reasons. I don't blame them as a religion for terrorism because this terrorism is clearly a product of the globalist elites and without these elites you'd never have al-Qaeda and ISIS existing in such forms.

Taking the whole "violent Islam" vs "peaceful Christianity" angle actually has the opposite effect of presenting Islam as some kind of virile religion and Christians as some sort of snowflakes, and it's historically not correct. Christian Europe conducted many more wars (mostly with other Christians, but still) than the Islamic world. Europe was perpetually at war since it became Christian, and that's nothing to be ashamed of. Europeans were always a race of warriors, and Christianity suited us for that very reason, and we had a warrior tradition with knights, something Islam never had equivalent of. Islam didn't really make efforts of expansion beyond their first phase of conquests and certain Mongol ethnic groups that converted to Islam and Ottoman empire which later slowly drifted away from Islamic theocracy and copied Europeans anyway. Meanwhile Christian empires conquered pretty much the entire world.

This is why conservatives make a massive mistake when they approach Islam from this angle. I mean seriously, how can you say Islam was all about violent expansion when we Christians expanded our domains into pretty much entire world, including the Muslim world itself (Islam never got to Northern, Western and Central Europe and Italy), while the Muslims remained relegated into a very specific part of the world. The opposite needs to happen, Christians need to reclaim our old conqueror-missionary mindset and stop projecting that to Muslims.

Last edited:

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
I am most surprised by what you just wrote. Hopefully I can make you understand why :

You say a "new Catechism" is a "teaching tool". To me, a "Catechism" is a teaching already, a finished product.

How can "catechism" not be "dogma" ? I thought the point of the catechism was precisely to put the dogma in a summarized, easily memorizable form.

What's the point of this dubious exercise ? To me it sounds like doing a very risky thing just for the sake of it, like bending over a cliff as much as you can without actually falling.

Dogmas can not be changed or altered, only refined. Catechisms are summarized principles used for instruction. They are not ecumenical documents. I'm not really sure where else this is in Catholic theology other than this Catechism of JP2.

The word profess might be the only thing stopping that line from being heretical.

Yes, the RCC is bending over backwards in recent decades to have dialogue and some sort of unity with Protestants, Jews, and Muslims. Not so much E. Orthodox or even their own Latin Mass Apostolates. Quite concerning.

Christ said that he is the sword that divides, so we are divided from Muslims. Christ told the Jews that if they knew the Creator they would know he is God too, so we can apply this to Islam this also.

nagareboshi

Woodpecker
Dude, these Christians have Arabic as their native language. That's the reason they pray to God using the word 'Allah'.

'Contrary to widespread belief, “Allah” is not Islam’s personal name for God. Rather, “Allah” is a contraction of two Arabic words – al-ilah – which mean “the deity.” As such, “Allah” is not a “name” but an impersonal generic “term.” To put it another way, “Allah” is simply the Arabic equivalent of Theos in Greek, Deus in Latin, El in Hebrew, and God in English. These are all nouns, not names.'

I've heard that usage of "Allah" varies from community to community; Egyptians in particular use Ar-Rab (The Lord, akin to Kyrios) more often.

Alb92

Pigeon
Guys please avoid talking about things that go beyond the goals of this thread. I don't want to compare other religions or reading silly discussions about who's more intelligent/jealous/whatever.

As I said, I want to hear honest opinions by people who come from a non-Muslim background and have the necessary knowledge to mention things or talk about interesting facts/arguments/issues they see as the reason which makes them dislike Islam.

From my perspective, this could be interesting and maybe we'll see a pattern that points to specific reasons or more widely perceived problems in regard to Islam.

Thank you

cosine

Robin
I am more interested in theological/social/structural criticism of the "traditional" Islam.
I know there are people who have very interesting reasons to be against Islam and also know how to present them in a well-articulated manner.
Turkey is the first Muslim majority nation I visited, in 2011. I did that after a long tour of Europe. I went with an open mind.

Several things that I felt:
1. Minarets.
They blare loud enough that everything gets interrupted -- if you are sleeping, you are woken up, if you are at dinner, conversation stops, it is too loud to do anything else. While I am visiting Muslim countries, I don't mind them - I come as a visitor. But, Muslims want to install minarets all over Europe and North America. Blaring your prayer so loud is not acceptable to me, I think it literally falls under noise complaints. Church bells are different; they tell the time, and frankly they sound better.

2. The Hijab, Burka, Nikab.
I do respect that this clothing allows women a "fashionable" way to dress modestly. I think that is commendable. But the reality is that most Muslim women are compelled into it. Can you correct any of this? In truly religious, Muslim areas:
- Women must wear the hijab(or whatever variant)
- They cannot have the sun on their skin in a major way (I'm white; Muslim Turkish women are more pale than me despite their natural complexion)
- They don't look you in the eye
- They don't exactly get to take PE classes; they're mostly/all skinnyfat
- They have been treated like such helpless people for so long that now they are.
Muslims basically made me seem like a feminist by comparison. This ultimately made me feel like, "The hijab is a tool. It is a cage used for the subjugation of women."

3. In Kyrgyzstan, they are much more moderate. I didn't mind anything there, they honestly seemed pretty normal, or similar to Westerners. Ultimately they worship the same God as Christians(same with Jews), just with an entirely different interpretation.

4. The penalty for apostasy is death. Not all Muslims adhere to this -- but enough feel strongly against apostasy, that most young Muslims basically do not have a choice.

Overall:
If the penalty for apostasy is death, how can we even discuss anything else?

Guys please avoid talking about things that go beyond the goals of this thread. I don't want to compare other religions or reading silly discussions about who's more intelligent/jealous/whatever.
If you compare Islam to other religions you will see that some religions ARE better than others theologically and from a social construct stand point. If you don't compare you can't get a clear picture of the religion as a whole. We aren't talking about comparing "apples" to "oranges" we have compared Islam (one Abrahamic/Monotheistic ) to others Abrahamic/Monotheistic religions (Christianity/Judaism). Even when you compare Islam to a Dharmic religion (apples to oranges), you will see differences and from there you can decide on your own if Islam is "true" or just a fable. Comparative research is key to progression and finding faults in the ideologies and beliefs of others and your own. As for the latter part, I agree.

As I said, I want to hear honest opinions by people who come from a non-Muslim background and have the necessary knowledge to mention things or talk about interesting facts/arguments/issues they see as the reason which makes them dislike Islam.

You got one from me. Born into a Hindu majority family, converted to Islam or "reverted" as majority of Muslims say and then parted ways from the religion after more than five years. I knew and still know the religion inside and out in a great detail, from the sects, schools of thought/jurisprudence, the historical evolution of Islam from it's low days in the Hijaz to its expansion into the Byzantine and Persian empire and then stretching from Portugal to Northwest India (Ummayads and Abbasids). I've read the Quran more than once and have read the hadiths from top and venerated scholars (Bukhari and Muslim) to the "meh" scholars. Mutazila and Ghazali are two very good research topics as well as their theological differences went to "war" with one another with the later succeeding more so. I'm was not those surface Muslims, I was the ones who knew the historical, social, economical and political life of Islam. I would go toe to toe with Muslims and have in depth discussions and they themselves would be baffled how a convert could know so much. Apparently I was a inspiration to Muslims around me and restored their faith in the religion and pushed them to be better "Muslims".
From my perspective, this could be interesting and maybe we'll see a pattern that points to specific reasons or more widely perceived problems in regard to Islam.

Thank you

Cheers to this. Always good to see different perspectives on things and discuss them with those who are willing to discuss.

The Prime Minister

Sparrow
Orthodox

Thank you

Alb92,

I don't know if you have read through all the pages of this thread or not. There were a lot of good answers and explanations given; theological, religious, cultural, societal, political, behavioral, etc.

I personally dislike Islam because it's a false religion with a false prophet that is misguiding millions away from Christ. The Muslim understanding of Christianity and Jesus Christ is also deeply flawed/disturbing. That being said, I don't have any hatred towards individual Muslims, many of whom I know very well and are even friends of mine.

I'll refer you to my first post in this thread, it should give you more details (especially from a theological/religious perspective).

Alb92

Pigeon
Alb92,

I don't know if you have read through all the pages of this thread or not. There were a lot of good answers and explanations given; theological, religious, cultural, societal, political, behavioral, etc.

I personally dislike Islam because it's a false religion with a false prophet that is misguiding millions away from Christ. The Muslim understanding of Christianity and Jesus Christ is also deeply flawed/disturbing. That being said, I don't have any hatred towards individual Muslims, many of whom I know very well and are even friends of mine.

I'll refer you to my first post in this thread, it should give you more details (especially from a theological/religious perspective).

Yes there were indeed interesting answers. Thanks to everyone who spend their time in trying to give good explanations. I want to read through all the posts and find the time to reply to each one individually.

(My last post was just a small reminder in order to avoid useless arguments/discussions).

Alb92

Pigeon
Full disclaimer: I'm not an expert on Christianity or Islam.

I would say that from a Christian perspective there is nothing after Christ. Any religion or prophet that comes after Jesus Christ is a false religion/prophet. Jesus Christ himself foretold and warned of many false prophets/religions.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves". Matthew 7:15

Right off the bat Islam and it's prophet fit this bill. I'm not trying to bash Muslims here, I personally know many Muslims who are very good people and are close friends of mine. They might be good people but they're misguided. There are many false prophets/religions that fit this bill too; Mormonism, Bahaism, Islam, Scientology, etc.

Secondly Islam makes disturbing claims that Jesus Christ is not the Son of God, that he was not crucified, and that he wasn't resurrected on the 3rd day. That is one of the main focal points of Christian belief. Anyone who denies Jesus Christ, denies God. By denying Christ they are automatically on the side of Satan and the Antichrist.

"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son". 1 John 2:22

Islam is misguiding more than a billion people on Earth. Islam is saying that Jesus is just a prophet and not the Son of God. What a perfect tool Satan has created by making a new religion that competes with Christianity and denies Christ's divinity; misguiding billions in the process.

Islam is claiming that Jesus Christ is just a prophet, not divine, only just a man, not the Son of God, not crucified, not resurrected, and will not give us salvation. Islam also claims that Jesus Christ is a holy prophet and that he is the Messiah. You can't cherry-pick, or pick-and-choose aspects of Jesus Christ. You have to accept everything about Jesus Christ or deny Jesus Christ altogether; there is no in between.

The main belief of Christianity is the Trinitarian God; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Also another main belief in Christianity is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, he is both man and divine, he is the Messiah who takes away the sin of the world, suffered the crucifixion for our salvation, he was resurrected on the 3rd day, is seated at the right hand of the Father, and will return to judge the living and the dead. Islam denies all this; if it denies Jesus/God then by default it is on the side of Satan/Antichrist.

I hope that answers your questions. There are probably more reasons and you would have to ask more knowledgeable people
about it, but I can only give you my perspective.
Thank you for your answer. I find the concept of the "Trinitarian God" very interesting and to be honest I can't say I have fully understood it, but I can comprehend why it is so central to the Christian faith and why Christians can't accept other interpretations of the nature of God or its essence.

Perhaps you could post a link to some articles that explain it to people who are not familiar with Christianity or didn't have the opportunity to be taught about it.

1) Muhammad was rather violent. During the invasion of Banu Qurayza, Muhammad beheaded ~700 villagers. Why was he spreading his religion violently? (In comparison, Jesus was killed without hurting a soul and his 12 disciples were persecuted by Rome).

2) Muhammad married his wife Aisha when she was 6 and had relations when she was 9.

3) The "angel" that appeared to Muhammad seems potentially like a demonic encounter to me (I will quote directly from the hadith here): "The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet (ﷺ) replied, "I do not know how to read." The Prophet (ﷺ) added, "The angel caught me forcefully and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more."

^Why is an "angel" forcefully pressing Muhammad until he couldn't bear it anymore many times?

My aim isn't to directly disrespect anyone's religion. In many ways I feel like Islam is closer to Christianity theologically than modern day Judaism (ie: many Muslims believe Jesus will stop the Al-Masih ad-Dajjal {anti-Christ} in the end times), while modern day Judaism rejects Jesus.

Sources:

1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Banu_Qurayza

2) https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Aisha's_Age

3) https://sunnah.com/bukhari/1/3

Not only that but that "Angel" that Muhammad had an encounter with caused him to become depressed and suicidal. And tried numerous times to kill himself. No Prophet of God in the Bible ever became depressed and suicidal after receiving divine revelation.

Only that "The Word of the LORD came to me" as they would describe it. And by those who are inexperienced this is what happens:
2 And it came to pass at that time, when Eli was laid down in his place, and his eyes began to wax dim, that he could not see;

3 And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the Lord, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep;

4 That the Lord called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I.

5 And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down.

6 And the Lord called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again.

7 Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, neither was the word of the Lord yet revealed unto him.

8 And the Lord called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the Lord had called the child.

9 Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

10 And the Lord came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

11 And the Lord said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.

12 In that day I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end.

13 For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.

14 And therefore I have sworn unto the house of Eli, that the iniquity of Eli's house shall not be purged with sacrifice nor offering for ever.

Likewise he heard bells and many other phenomenon that fits more with demons than with Angels:

Even as a baby 2 demonic entities were interested in him. And threw him to the ground.

Last edited:

Enoch

Ostrich
Muslim women are expected to live with their father until they get married.

Christian women go to college, where, well, we all know what happens.

If SHTF you are better off as a Muslim in the US than a Christian IMO. Strong community with in-group preference.

9/11 & hating Muslims was a sneak attack on modesty and family values.

EDIT: there are of course strong Christian communities in the U.S., but on average they leave much to be desired.

There's the fact that the 'holy' books of islam condone (and sometimes command) lying, lust, oppression, murder and conquest (among other unsavory things which most peoples across history considered immoral) and that this has characterized it since its inception and to this very day - but other than these there are really no reasons to dislike it.

I'll add on to this. Islam is used in US prisons as a recruitment tool and of course this is just my experience but the people that come out of that system are more emboldened to not be reformed.

The western media is also for the most part pushing Islam as a Middle East concept when there's more to it than meets the eye. When you speak out against it you're labeled an "islamophobe". Or my favorite response, "yeah but white Christians kill more." I've met center left people that don't like Islam, the average American doesn't fully understand Islam. To be fair I'm not an expert in it either but I do know more of the insidious aspects of it.

Islam is just one aspect in the grand goal of collapsing America.

If contemporary Christians in the West had one iota of the strength and faith that the Muslim world has, we wouldn’t be in the situation we’re in.

Conservative Americans really need to get past their 9/11-propagandized hatred of Islam. It has a value system far more in touch with traditional thought than anything the West has put out in centuries.

Edit: adding to that, the chances of the Western world becoming dominant Christian again are nil. Not going to happen. Alienating one of your potential allies over insignificant details is a losing strategy.

Last edited:

BlastbeatCasanova

Kingfisher
Islam, as religions are wont to do, serves as a unifying cultural/racial narrative to justify conquest and supremacy. Christianity is the same but of a historically European flavor although one could definitely argue that the more regressive features of Christianity have been pruned over time and as a whole it has been a boon for humanity and western civilization. Islam, despite some its traits that members extoll here (“Islam is right about women,” patriarchy, racial unity, etc.) still after all this time contains traits that are backwards and barbaric. How can these different religions thrive together in close quarters when its adherents maintain that their God is true and all others are false? Especially when Islam encourages acts of violence and death against those not of the faith. “Freedom of religion” only serves to weaken the native faith IMO. If one is true why give any credence to the others?

BlastbeatCasanova

Kingfisher
If contemporary Christians in the West had one iota of the strength and faith that the Muslim world has, we wouldn’t be in the situation we’re in.
This. Christianity has become so soft, tolerant and weak that it’s downright embarrassing. Christianity constantly gets shit on in nearly all aspects of society (Hollywood, academia, etc.) and no one does jack squat. On the other hand Muslims will kill and shed blood if someone so much as draws a cartoon of Muhammed.

Muslim women are expected to live with their father until they get married.
Huh? This isn't just Muslim women, it's Hindu and Sikh women too. Majority of the Islamic population stems from Asia, more specifically, India, Pakistan, Indonesia and Bangladesh (that's roughly half of the Islamic population on the planet right there) this is more of a cultural thing than anything else. Hindu, Sikh and Muslim women tend to stay with their families up until the point they get married and then are expected to move in with their husband who resides with his parents still. They will move out eventually though to get their own space. In addition they often keep their boyfriends a secret from their parents for the longest time so there's that.
Christian women go to college, where, well, we all know what happens.
I never knew only Christian women were allowed to go to college. In all seriousness, I've seen all girls of varying religious backgrounds at uni and didn't matter, if they wanted to mess around, they did, it comes down to the individual. Eastern culture is more conservative and blunt than western culture and that's fairly obvious. Compare an Arab Christian to a American Christian in terms of strictness. You'll have American Christians carrying flag at pride parades and these are the left/centrist ones. Go to the Middle East and Asia and talk to any type of Christian about being involved in a gay parade or supporting one and they'll just laugh at you, tell you it's a sin and that you're on a fast track to hell.

Western culture was created to self implode. Think of it as a 80 inch 4K UHD television, it's all fun and games when you get it but it's only going to be "reliable" for the first five years or so after that it becomes a burden.

The Prime Minister

Sparrow
Orthodox
Thank you for your answer. I find the concept of the "Trinitarian God" very interesting and to be honest I can't say I have fully understood it, but I can comprehend why it is so central to the Christian faith and why Christians can't accept other interpretations of the nature of God or its essence.

Perhaps you could post a link to some articles that explain it to people who are not familiar with Christianity or didn't have the opportunity to be taught about it.

I totally understand.

The Holy Trinity can be difficult to understand for many. It seems to me that it's a massive stumbling block for Muslims. This is because Muslims see it as Shirk (polytheism/attributing others to God), and in Islam the worst sin is Shirk.

Here are two articles that can help explain the Holy Trinity.

https://myocn.net/explaining-trinity-to-muslims/

https://biblicalmissiology.org/2011/06/14/how-to-explain-the-trinity-to-muslims/