The Richard Spencer and alt-right thread

JoeChill

Sparrow
Here we have Richard Spencer badmouthing Kyle Rittenhouse and Nick Sandman for the pettiest reasons imaginable. Here's an edited transcript:

"I know a lot of people like the Kyle Rittenhouse stuff, but like, why? Who [removed] cares about that kid? I’m sorry but he’s a [....] doofus. I look at him and I want to beat him up. Same with that Catholic moron, Sandman. These kids are nerds, and they don’t agree with us on anything. In fact, those two would more rabidly oppose what we believe in than even the liberal you would meet in New York City, with some exceptions. They are Christian, conservative anti-racists. That is what they are, and yet, “we’ve gotta defend these folk-heroes.” They are not useful…at all. They are counter-productive! Leave them to the wolves. But a conservative can’t, they’ve just got to crank out their pocketbook and start spilling it over for poor Kyle, this poor little victim. It’s [redacted] pathetic. We don’t want to be victims. Like we’re “victims of liberal bias,” or whatever. I have no interest in being a victim. I have no interest in victims. I have an interest in victimizers.”

He then goes on to wax poetically on how awesome it is to be a victimizer. Richard Spencer has always gleefully embraced the media's casting of him as a villain.

Spencer is a trust fund baby. I mistrust the types that grow up without experiencing the pressure of economic need. The few I met, male and female, come out as bratty undeveloped primadonnas, and thats exactly what Spencer is.
Also I think he became a FED. Some time in 2019, he suddenly changed his tone completely. I think they had something on him and managed to turn him. He has all the signs of being a FED, and they knew he was a good target ripe to be turned.

Anomaly

Sparrow
Spencer has what I call “weirdo anger”. It’s this sort of brewing, persistent anger lingering inside that comes out of nowhere in conversations. I see it mostly in gay and fatherless men.

Other men I’ve seen it in are Curt Doolittle and Christopher Bjerknes, and several in the so called red-pill dating sphere, such as Rollo Tomassi and Richard Cooper (these two seem to be perpetually red-pill raged and spend three to four hours at a shot complaining about women).

Durden347

Robin
Here we have Richard Spencer badmouthing Kyle Rittenhouse and Nick Sandman for the pettiest reasons imaginable. Here's an edited transcript:

"I know a lot of people like the Kyle Rittenhouse stuff, but like, why? Who [removed] cares about that kid? I’m sorry but he’s a [....] doofus. I look at him and I want to beat him up. Same with that Catholic moron, Sandman. These kids are nerds, and they don’t agree with us on anything. In fact, those two would more rabidly oppose what we believe in than even the liberal you would meet in New York City, with some exceptions. They are Christian, conservative anti-racists. That is what they are, and yet, “we’ve gotta defend these folk-heroes.” They are not useful…at all. They are counter-productive! Leave them to the wolves. But a conservative can’t, they’ve just got to crank out their pocketbook and start spilling it over for poor Kyle, this poor little victim. It’s [redacted] pathetic. We don’t want to be victims. Like we’re “victims of liberal bias,” or whatever. I have no interest in being a victim. I have no interest in victims. I have an interest in victimizers.”

He then goes on to wax poetically on how awesome it is to be a victimizer. Richard Spencer has always gleefully embraced the media's casting of him as a villain.

This moron is nothing more than an openly racist, Leftist liberal shill. He doesn't care about America so that is why his social media is still up.

I think Spencer went off the deep end when TRS and the NJP moved forward without him. He knows that the movement he started, a political movement for White Americans, will come from TRS and the NJP. And he was cut out. I don't know why or what caused the riff, I am sure there are lots of things in the background we don't know about. But since then Spencer has been pretty unremarkable.

He was always the trust fund kid who sees the serious issues we face as just some sort of sporting even to watch and crack jokes about. He couldn't relate to the blue collar men who are watching their communities be destroyed by mass immigration and the opiod crisis. He was never going to be the face of a White Nationalist movement simply because he can't relate to most White Americans. And now he fully realizes it, it seems he just looks to make silly over the top talking points.

It is too bad, when he did his podcast with Keith Woods and Edward Dutton, it was probably the best show on the internet. I learned more from that show than anything else. Especially Edward Dutton, whom I still highly recommend, and I think he still has his youtube channel.

The Full Haus podcast had Chris Cantwell on after the Charlottesville verdict. Sounds like this wasn't some big win for the NYC lawfirm. In fact they lost on the two biggest charges. Also talk about how limited the final tally will be, and it will be embarrassingly small after they spent millions of dollars in this prosecution and the men mostly just represented themselves.

Here is the 15 minute interview...

Full Haus - Cantwell

Trewolla

Sparrow
I've never trusted Spencer & Co. In my opinion mainstream, conservative Americans are much better served by those who don't classify common sense as a "movement".

The truth just needs to be told in plain language without any larping such as offensive salutes and "fashy" haircuts.

It's 2021. Not 1939.

I used to defend this guy until I heard the leaked audio of him sounding totally unhinged.

By the way, very suspicious that this avowed "white nationalist" has never been removed from social media. Very weird...
Maybe I'm naive, and in any case most of my conservative friends and acquaintances are either paleoconservatives, mainstream "moderate" conservatives, or mainstream Trumpists, but who exactly is Spencer's audience these days? Everyone I read on the dissident right finds him completely odious, and I suspect most of their readers do, too. So who is following him? Neo-Nazi white nationalist Biden-voting Covid-obsessed transsexuals?

I've never trusted Spencer & Co. In my opinion mainstream, conservative Americans are much better served by those who don't classify common sense as a "movement".

The truth just needs to be told in plain language without any larping such as offensive salutes and "fashy" haircuts.

It's 2021. Not 1939.
But what is "common sense" in the USA in 2021? Much of the things that Spencer or the NJP say right now would offend most conservative Americans in 2021. As things continue to get worse, it will make more and more sense to more and more conservatives. It certainly is growing very quickly now. But for the time being it is a "movement" because you are trying to move blue pilled conservatives to using common sense again.

Maybe I'm naive, and in any case most of my conservative friends and acquaintances are either paleoconservatives, mainstream "moderate" conservatives, or mainstream Trumpists, but who exactly is Spencer's audience these days? Everyone I read on the dissident right finds him completely odious, and I suspect most of their readers do, too. So who is following him? Neo-Nazi white nationalist Covid-obsessed transsexuals?
Spencer himself I cannot say.

NJP is mostly young white blue collar men. The young men/women clinging to mainstream GOP/Trumpism are just one layoff away from moving over, or one bad encounter in a tight situation.

Older boomers and Gen X'ers not so much, simply because they grew up in a time that wasn't impacted by the subject they talk about. They are insulated from the results of mass immigration and the explosion in crime. I'm Gen X, and I know how very blessed I am to grow up and set my roots before all this collapsed around us.

Spencer himself I cannot say.

NJP is mostly young white blue collar men. The young men/women clinging to mainstream GOP/Trumpism are just one layoff away from moving over, or one bad encounter in a tight situation.

Older boomers and Gen X'ers not so much, simply because they grew up in a time that wasn't impacted by the subject they talk about. They are insulated from the results of mass immigration and the explosion in crime. I'm Gen X, and I know how very blessed I am to grow up and set my roots before all this collapsed around us.
I understand the concern with demographic change and self-preservation as a people, it just seems strange to combine that with Covid cultism and support for Biden (I believe Spencer voted for Biden, but I don't exactly keep up to date with his latest, as I've got better things to do).

I understand the concern with demographic change and self-preservation as a people, it just seems strange to combine that with Covid cultism and support for Biden (I believe Spencer voted for Biden, but I don't exactly keep up to date with his latest, as I've got better things to do).
That is why I can't speak for who Spencer's current audience is. To be honest, it is probably no one. He probably doesn't even get 100 listeners any more. Spencer sort of jumped the shark.

I can only speak on the NJP, who took Spencer's idea of a White American political movement and put it to action. So Spencer in 2021, I have no idea, I think he is just a cartoon villain at this time.

Trewolla

Sparrow
But what is "common sense" in the USA in 2021? Much of the things that Spencer or the NJP say right now would offend most conservative Americans in 2021. As things continue to get worse, it will make more and more sense to more and more conservatives. It certainly is growing very quickly now. But for the time being it is a "movement" because you are trying to move blue pilled conservatives to using common sense again.

Common sense is to recognize that Caucasians are being targeted in western society today. There's no need to dredge up the memories of 1939 to confront what's happening in 2021.

Spencer & Co.'s style isn't helpful.

Common sense is to recognize that Caucasians are being targeted in western society today. There's no need to dredge up the memories of 1939 to confront what's happening in 2021.

Spencer & Co.'s style isn't helpful.
Recognizing only does so good. Obviously no one in the GOP cares. They might, MIGHT, pay some lip service to it in an election. But nothing will be done about it.

1939 was the last successful self defense against it. I'm not saying copying it is the best move, but I know for a fact that voting GOP isn't going to fix it.

He's an actor, right? Didn't he used to be a CNN contributor? I think he only exists to play a role that the deep state wants him to play, for whatever reason.
No, he is a History Masters or PHD graduate from an upper middle class family, who was brought up the ranks behind Pat Buchannan's Paleoconservative movement. As he watched it go no where and sputter he went in his own direction. He had good momentum in 2017 and Antifa was able to break many Federal and State laws and get him shut down.

He had some falling out with the NJP guys, had the Charlottesville lawsuit case he just lost, and he appears to have jumped the shark to supporting vaccine mandates and talking about old movies.

The media wanted to use him as the evil face of white supremacy, but he is too quick on his feet and well spoken, like a more arrogant young Jared Taylor, so they quit letting him be interviewed. Now he is sort of a forgotten relic of the 2016 election.

Trewolla

Sparrow
Recognizing only does so good. Obviously no one in the GOP cares. They might, MIGHT, pay some lip service to it in an election. But nothing will be done about it.

1939 was the last successful self defense against it. I'm not saying copying it is the best move, but I know for a fact that voting GOP isn't going to fix it.
I don't expect any current political entities to fix any of today's problems. But politics is downstream from culture.

I don't expect any current political entities to fix any of today's problems. But politics is downstream from culture.
I agree, which is why you have to build your own institutions. Copying 1939 Germany may not be perfect, especially not in the USA. But doing nothing, or being routed back into the "America First GOP" is just going to get Antifa riled up and have more 2020 riots and deaths.

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer

It's 2021. Not 1939.
I disagree. What I think of as "common sense" is rarely encountered anymore, least of all in either political party.
I'm not sure I agree with a single thing the Republican Party stands for. And the Dems have abandoned any sort of progressive working man's issues years ago. So they are totally useless, and neither of them has a single rational position on any issue.

If we are to have universal suffrage democracy as our form of government, then we absolutely need a party that simply puts out "common sense" as the answer. I think this is the reason so many are attracted to libertarianism in their early years, because it has a certain logic to it.

As for Richard Spencer, he was really good at giving public talks at colleges, which is how I discovered him. He would get up on the stage and say something very mild mannered and reasonable and the crowd of libtards would curse and knash their teeth. I think it woke a lot of people up, and made them think about their identity, their history, and the future of their people. He then got universally deplatformed and became alienated with a lot of alternative thinkers. I think he had an important place talking to younger people as he fits in well with the university crowd, and makes them look utterly ridiculous, but I'm afraid his public persona is over.