The Rise Of The Orthosphere

Penitent

Robin
Orthodox
What was the debate about?
It was about the method Orthodox should use for evangelism. There was one opinion (the minority) who thought the approach outlined in the article was the wrong approach. He basically was saying that we should just have peace within ourselves then people will be attracted to the church, but he thought the methods of the "Orthosphere" were brash and would turn people away.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Mgtow does not claim Men do not want to get married and have children, only that the legal environment to do so is impossible.

The divorce rate for Catholics who do not use contreception, i.e. people who do a good job of following original teachings have a divorce rate of 2%. I can't immediately find any information of the divorce rates of Old Believers, but I imagine it is low to non-existent. Seems it is forbidden to divorce if you are Amish, German Mennonite.

The only way reduce the chance of divorce is to join a traditional religious community. One of the most powerful facets is that in such communities, everyone will pressure anyone who considers divorce into staying married. On top of marrying someone who believes in marriage until death. Divorce in a traditional religious community will likely mean disappearing. There were probably problems in such a marriage. But what is the opposite? If they have one failed marriage, they were 50% of the failure. It's likely the same will happen again. And the ill of allowing divorce is far greater than those of poor character being forced to suffer - they will suffer anyway, alone, or with another of poor character.

The laws will not change. mgtow is for men who behave like women.

Penitent

Robin
Orthodox
There was an Orthodox rapper who dropped an album about a decade ago and, although the album had been done tastefully, his ruling bishop advised him to knock it off. The bishop thought his activity was an embarrassment to the church.

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
There was an Orthodox rapper who dropped an album about a decade ago and, although the album had been done tastefully, his ruling bishop advised him to knock it off. The bishop thought his activity was an embarrassment to the church.
Thanks for sharing, enjoyed listening to this individual.

Seems the truth is often silenced. Unfortunately there are times (in all Christian denominations) there are some religious leaders who tend to be the embarrassment rather than the truth tellers.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
It was about the method Orthodox should use for evangelism. There was one opinion (the minority) who thought the approach outlined in the article was the wrong approach. He basically was saying that we should just have peace within ourselves then people will be attracted to the church, but he thought the methods of the "Orthosphere" were brash and would turn people away.
I imagine that the Orthosphere will reach those who need a "brash" or bold approach to get their attention. The internet is chaos, and perhaps Ortho content creators are cutting through that noise.

That said, as Orthodox we should never call people heretics or say they're going to hell. We should share our faith and answer questions in a loving, patient way.

CollinG

Chicken
It also feels like often times "brash" is just used as a word to describe people who are bold and uncompromising in their doctrine. I'm not Orthodox, but belong to a very traditional, Protestant congregation. A willingness to simply declare Jesus Christ as Lord and hold the Bible up as absolute truth is perceived as brash at times by congregations more caught up in secular movements, such as social justice.

Basilus of Moro

Sparrow
Orthodox

There are always pitfalls of any approach, it is true. There is surely the [fallen] human element in the Orthosphere that must be attended to, but this is not the aim of said approach. As with everything (and it seems I am starting to say this often in this forum), God perfects what minuscule work we offer Him.

Insofar as the Orthosphere follows the kinds of methods and sources outlined and pointed to by Fr. Peter Heers, for example, I believe it will bear much enduring fruit. If it becomes identical with vanity, haughtiness, jokiness, or intellectualism of an unorthodox kind, then it will likely cause harm in the long run. Thankfully, it seems such things are not the aim, nor the substance of this "movement."

I will refer to one principle that sometimes irks me in the Orthosphere, and that is the advice to "talk to the priest" at any given parish. Although it would be ideal to avoid controversy the moment someone enters the Church (alas, we do not live in such a time if anyone ever did), it is still best to deal with said controversy before submitting one's fate to the direction of a wayward priest (and there are many). As St. Sophrony said often, there is no spiritual progress without correct dogma, which safeguards the method of purification. If someone is guided by a priest that, for example, teaches contraceptives are okay, or that COVID protocols are God-pleasing, or that papists are a part of the Church (those are some popular examples), then won't his advice in general not bear the imprint of the Holy Fathers? And if said priest excuses one's sins and condemns the idea of God-pleasing penances applied with discernment, how will one make progress? Forgive me for the tangent. This is one of the few things I can comment on from experience, and I hope the Orthosphere speaks with more precision in this regard, although it is clear all the public figures of this sphere appreciate and agree with the mentioned precision.

EDIT:
I wanted to add that I have seen unfortunately more than a couple of acquaintances submit themselves to a misguided priest to only then conclude that Orthodoxy lacks the tools to make spiritual progress, thereby leaving the Ark of Salvation - a horrific consequence. Thus, why this precision means all the world.

Last edited:

Godward

Robin
While I hail the "Rise of the Orthosphere", I do want to stress that the "Orthobros" remain vigilant and not become overconfident. Unlike Traditionalist Catholicism and Fundamentalist Protestantism, Eastern Orthodoxy has gone largely unnoticed by Western intelligence agencies and the mainstram media (the two watchdogs of the System). Once the Orthosphere grows in religious and political significance, it will also become the target of a neverending assault similar to that experienced by Catholics and to a lesser degree Protestants. So, expect in the future: further infiltration of Eastern Orthodox churches by Sodomites and System agents (as is already the case of the Greek and Ukrainian Orthodox churches), defamation and slander by the Lying Press, intensifying witchhunts by government agencies, the confiscation of property and institutions (such as media outlets), and the burning of churches. Although many Orthodox are naturally vigilant, given their memory of the Communist assault on their church, it cannot be stressed enough not to become overconfident, lest we see a future article on the "Rise and Fall of the Orthosphere".

Aloha50

Sparrow
While I hail the "Rise of the Orthosphere", I do want to stress that the "Orthobros" remain vigilant and not become overconfident. Unlike Traditionalist Catholicism and Fundamentalist Protestantism, Eastern Orthodoxy has gone largely unnoticed by Western intelligence agencies and the mainstram media (the two watchdogs of the System). Once the Orthosphere grows in religious and political significance, it will also become the target of a neverending assault similar to that experienced by Catholics and to a lesser degree Protestants. So, expect in the future: further infiltration of Eastern Orthodox churches by Sodomites and System agents (as is already the case of the Greek and Ukrainian Orthodox churches), defamation and slander by the Lying Press, intensifying witchhunts by government agencies, the confiscation of property and institutions (such as media outlets), and the burning of churches. Although many Orthodox are naturally vigilant, given their memory of the Communist assault on their church, it cannot be stressed enough not to become overconfident, lest we see a future article on the "Rise and Fall of the Orthosphere".
Yes and expect satan to act accordingly, most likely sending bad seeds into the church. Seeds that would look like small compromises. Mainline Prot denominations that formerly were solid and growing and being used to spread the gospel and change lives in America now endorse homo clergy and worse (looking at you Methodist, Lutheran, Episcopal, some Presbyterian church). I've read here on this forum that the GOC is wobbly in parts. That official from the ROC said it's a sin to not get vaxxed (that guy should be rooted out of the church - obvious bad seed). Beware the small compromises.

Even more so, especially watch any Orthodox church with the name "Russian" in it get The Full Treatment. I mean, RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA IS IT FULL OF GRU AGENTS

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
I was just posting on the other threads ... we need an improvement in the focus and scale of the orthodoxy and single website - that is, a similar idea. Where faithful people, or people who want to be, can have a shot at meeting other people who are of the same faith and tradition. I understand that this will include a lot of older people and less optimal types than what we here on rvf consider for mates, but that's part of the game of life as well.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I was just posting on the other threads ... we need an improvement in the focus and scale of the orthodoxy and single website - that is, a similar idea. Where faithful people, or people who want to be, can have a shot at meeting other people who are of the same faith and tradition. I understand that this will include a lot of older people and less optimal types than what we here on rvf consider for mates, but that's part of the game of life as well.
That's always a discussion between quality and quantity. Risk obviously being that if you increase the quantity that can result in decreasing quality. If you have a large and loose group of people there will usually be less commitment and organization. Personally I'd say that having high standards for those you want to have on your site should be paramount. One has to be able to add to the discussion, or otherwise learn by lurking that's completely fine but I appreciate exactly the niche we have here with people who view the world for 90% as I do personally, instead of a large crowd whom I share 30% of my views with.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
That's always a discussion between quality and quantity. Risk obviously being that if you increase the quantity that can result in decreasing quality. If you have a large and loose group of people there will usually be less commitment and organization. Personally I'd say that having high standards for those you want to have on your site should be paramount. One has to be able to add to the discussion, or otherwise learn by lurking that's completely fine but I appreciate exactly the niche we have here with people who view the world for 90% as I do personally, instead of a large crowd whom I share 30% of my views with.
I'm talking about the dating website. Volume increases social acceptability, especially in an already small ethnoreligious group, that is all my point was.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I'm talking about the dating website. Volume increases social acceptability, especially in an already small ethnoreligious group, that is all my point was.
Gotcha boss, interpreted that as an argument to increase the crowd at RVF by lowering the standards. If I think of mates as a non native my first impression is friends :)

Philonous

Sparrow
Well, there are things members of the ROCOR are going to do that’s going to make it a very powerful presence in America in the next 10 years, and there are things members of the ROCOR are going to do that’s going to lead to splits and schisms of that church in America in the next 10 years.

The first thing to address is the fact “ballot suffrage” no longer works for our national elections. 2020 proved that. The POTUS is whoever the DNC says is the POTUS. It can be some half-senile 78 year old political bore who couldn’t fill 200 seats in a town hall during his campaign, yet miraculously wins a record-breaking 81 million votes in the national election.

And so our federal elections are worthless. We are now nationally run by a tyranny of liberal Jewish billionaires who operate through the DNC, with the only thing really holding us together as a nation being our uniform dependence on US Federal Reserve Notes (that, and the fear of any seceding state ending-up with DC’s nukes pointed straight at it).

And the only way you’re going to see that problem corrected is with a US military coup against DC. One which returns us to a system similar to the one we had under the 1781-1787 Articles of Confederation.

That means a day of violence. And that’s something I know no ROCOR rector or bishop is going to be happy to condone. Nonetheless, I would not be surprised at all if the young US military officers who eventually take it upon themselves to commit this overthrow are not, in majority, members of the ROCOR. This, even if they have to practice their faith secretly due to the ever-increasing CRT atmosphere of the US military.

Why the ROCOR?

Because it’s the branch of Christianity that’s stayed pure. And that’s where the strength to do what I’m talking about is going to come from—it’s going to come from purity of faith. It’s not going to come from a bunch of “Harvard School of Divinity” instructors speculating on whether/not Jesus was a woman.

So there you are. Basically, an October Revolution in reverse. This, primarily coming out of the military bases of tidewater Virginia—NSN, Oceana, Langley. This, followed by the nullifying (at gunpoint) of the executive and judicial branches of America’s federal government, and the complete destruction of the US Federal Reserve System. Hopefully, also the complete destruction of America’s stockpile of WMD’s—nuclear and biological.

And after that I’d expect the resultant “junta” to rule autocratically over Virginia. The other 49 states would “be on their own”, so to speak.

But, yes, Virginia would then be its own theocratic nation-state, and the religious disposition of its theocracy would be ROCOR.

And how many—or few—members of the ROCOR are then going to stay in communion with the junta leadership of Virginia?

I have no idea.

Let me also say I’d expect absolutely nobody involved in any of this right now to admit to such involvement—this, for reasons that cannot possibly be more obvious. I’d expect front-to-back denials on all sides. “You don’t understand—members of the ROCOR can’t do what you’re proposing because of this and that, and that and this, and such and such doctrine—” but then watch them do it anyway.

And I have no doubt other members are just going to hate them for it. But it has to come about.

Thing is, the longer we stay on the present course the closer we get to a hostile nuclear exchange with Russia. And it wouldn’t even be a nuclear exchange, so much as an EMP exchange. Still, we’d come out absolutely ruined—we’d be like what you saw in the Cormac McCarthy movie “The Road”. In a matter of months we’d be reduced to that level of primitivism.

The great hope is that Christ will return beforehand, thereby sparing us all a protracted period of doing without air conditioning, electricity, indoor plumbing, internet, police forces, fire departments, anesthetized surgery, etc. That he’ll show up even though we still hate each other a hell of a sight more than any of us love our neighbor. That God, Himself, will be of the impression a near totally hateful humanity is worth a second visit of His son.

I don’t think that’s going to happen. Rather, what I think God is going to do is let the hateful humanity “have at it” against one another. Beat itself down until there’s hardly anything left of it. This, until a significant portion of the surviving populace gets so sick of its own hatreds it learns to live by some other sort of common denominator, attitude, maxim, rubric, or lief motif.

Then, that populace might actually merit, to one degree or another, a return of the Son it has learned to appreciate.

But not beforehand.

And so it’s just a question of “how we run our beforehand”. What all we’re willing do in this interim.

Pick a nuclear stand-and-slug with Russia?

This, because that’s how Uncle Shmuel says things have to be?

Yeah, well—maybe not all are in agreement over that determination.

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
Roosh and other Orthodox forum members,

How do you deal with the ethnic aspect of the Orthodox church? While I do have some Ukrainian blood, I am mostly of Germanic heritage. There's no Germanic Orthodox church that I know of. Is it strange to not be of the ethnicity of the Orthodox branch you've chosen? (If, of course, this applies to you).

MichaelWitcoff

Ostrich
Orthodox

How do you deal with the ethnic aspect of the Orthodox church? While I do have some Ukrainian blood, I am mostly of Germanic heritage. There's no Germanic Orthodox church that I know of. Is it strange to not be of the ethnicity of the Orthodox branch you've chosen? (If, of course, this applies to you).
Makes zero difference at any Church worth the name.

Sol Invictus

Sparrow
Orthodox Catechumen

I'm probably not the best to answer this, but I'll put in my 2 cents anyway. I'm joining ROCOR, and although I don't have a whole lot of choice due to where I live, it's my first pick anyway for a number of reasons. Having said that, there doesn't seem to be that much of an "ethnic club" in my parish, as it is rather small and is close to 50% converts. I think the "ethnic club" aspect gets overplayed a bit in Orthodox (and other) circles anyway. If someone is really wanting to pursue the truth, they're not going to let something such as this get in the way. I think even a cold reception to someone showing up for their first service will turn much warmer once the person becomes a regular fixture in the church and takes the time to get to know some of the parishoners. I can definitely tell you that someone who comes to my parish who isn't Russian and doesn't speak the language isn't going to get stared down or shunned, and will probably fit right in as long as they're respectful of the culture. Honestly, just showing an interest in the culture will go a long, long way towards being fully accepted by everyone else, especially in a Russian parish. I imagine it wouldn't be much different in others.

Last edited: