The Ron DeSantis Thread

Jaeric

Pigeon
What did you guys make of the story going around at the end of June about S.B. 2006?

It supposedly gives the State Health Officer the power to enforce quarantines and vaccinations.

1103 a. Examination, testing, vaccination, or treatment may be
1104 performed by any qualified person authorized by the State Health
1105 Officer.
1106 b. If the individual poses a danger to the public health,
1107 the State Health Officer may subject the individual to isolation
1108 or quarantine. If there is no practical method to isolate or
1109 quarantine the individual, the State Health Officer may use any
1110 means necessary to vaccinate or treat the individual.

Last edited:
We'll fight back means what it always means for conservatives: they'll lose in court a couple years from now. None of these governors are serious about protecting their citizens. If they won't defend you here, they won't ever defend you.

Florida Gov. DeSantis says Biden's vaccine mandates are "not based on science" and "will ultimately lose in court".

Edit: take note of the word "ultimately" which more or less proves the point.

magaman

Woodpecker
We'll fight back means what it always means for conservatives: they'll lose in court a couple years from now. None of these governors are serious about protecting their citizens. If they won't defend you here, they won't ever defend you.

Edit: take note of the word "ultimately" which more or less proves the point.
Hell it didn't even take one year for the Sidney Powell election fraud case to be thrown out by an Obama judge. I remember at one point the conservatives were hyping this as "The Kraken" that was about to be released and look what happened.. and I bet neither of us heard almost any outrage at all about it. I haven't heard anyone talk about it, I just saw an article about it and that's it. Maybe you guys know someone that has? Kinda doubt it but alas.. Me being younger and more naive back in 2016, I thought conservatives had changed and that they had been invigorated and were ready to cross lines for real. I'm embarrassed that I got drunk off their Kool-Aid but luckily I know how to kick bad habits too.

skullmask

Woodpecker
What did you guys make of the story going around at the end of June about S.B. 2006?

It supposedly gives the State Health Officer the power to enforce quarantines and vaccinations.

This was addressed earlier in this thread. Read the comment to this linked article by Carlie Brown for clarification.

From what I've read about it, the wording existed in FL statute prior to DeSantis signing the bill for many years. The comments here about it shed a bit more light on what happened:

It's like he reads this thread just to spite me! He makes it so hard for me to have DDS (Desantis Derangement Syndrome)!

On Monday, DeSantis said that any cities or counties in Florida that require public government employees to get vaccinated to keep their jobs will be charged $5,000 for every single violation, with violators at risk of paying millions of dollars in fines.