The Ron DeSantis Thread

Jaeric

Sparrow
What did you guys make of the story going around at the end of June about S.B. 2006?

It supposedly gives the State Health Officer the power to enforce quarantines and vaccinations.

1103 a. Examination, testing, vaccination, or treatment may be
1104 performed by any qualified person authorized by the State Health
1105 Officer.
1106 b. If the individual poses a danger to the public health,
1107 the State Health Officer may subject the individual to isolation
1108 or quarantine. If there is no practical method to isolate or
1109 quarantine the individual, the State Health Officer may use any
1110 means necessary to vaccinate or treat the individual.

Last edited:

EndlessGravity

Ostrich
Protestant
We'll fight back means what it always means for conservatives: they'll lose in court a couple years from now. None of these governors are serious about protecting their citizens. If they won't defend you here, they won't ever defend you.

Florida Gov. DeSantis says Biden's vaccine mandates are "not based on science" and "will ultimately lose in court".

Edit: take note of the word "ultimately" which more or less proves the point.

magaman

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
We'll fight back means what it always means for conservatives: they'll lose in court a couple years from now. None of these governors are serious about protecting their citizens. If they won't defend you here, they won't ever defend you.

Edit: take note of the word "ultimately" which more or less proves the point.
Hell it didn't even take one year for the Sidney Powell election fraud case to be thrown out by an Obama judge. I remember at one point the conservatives were hyping this as "The Kraken" that was about to be released and look what happened.. and I bet neither of us heard almost any outrage at all about it. I haven't heard anyone talk about it, I just saw an article about it and that's it. Maybe you guys know someone that has? Kinda doubt it but alas.. Me being younger and more naive back in 2016, I thought conservatives had changed and that they had been invigorated and were ready to cross lines for real. I'm embarrassed that I got drunk off their Kool-Aid but luckily I know how to kick bad habits too.

skullmask

Woodpecker
Protestant
What did you guys make of the story going around at the end of June about S.B. 2006?

It supposedly gives the State Health Officer the power to enforce quarantines and vaccinations.

This was addressed earlier in this thread. Read the comment to this linked article by Carlie Brown for clarification.

From what I've read about it, the wording existed in FL statute prior to DeSantis signing the bill for many years. The comments here about it shed a bit more light on what happened:

EndlessGravity

Ostrich
Protestant
It's like he reads this thread just to spite me! He makes it so hard for me to have DDS (Desantis Derangement Syndrome)!

On Monday, DeSantis said that any cities or counties in Florida that require public government employees to get vaccinated to keep their jobs will be charged $5,000 for every single violation, with violators at risk of paying millions of dollars in fines.

Jive Turkey

Kingfisher
Orthodox Catechumen
Unrelated to DeSantis thread, but related to Florida's politics.

This is why I made it a rule to never discuss/debate/argue politics with a woman ever. On rare occasion I get baited into it, and it always goes like this. Putting words in my mouth, getting agitated because I don't roll over and say that their completely emotional feeling is just as valid as fact based evidence.

Also I think a big part of it is that modern women and men no longer even agree on pre-suppositions. Conservative men come from a tradition of rights, freedom and the entailing responsibility. Modern leftist women are pure id. "I am good and therefore what I want is good and must be accomplished no matter what"

magaman

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
This is why I made it a rule to never discuss/debate/argue politics with a woman ever. On rare occasion I get baited into it, and it always goes like this. Putting words in my mouth, getting agitated because I don't roll over and say that their completely emotional feeling is just as valid as fact based evidence.

Also I think a big part of it is that modern women and men no longer even agree on pre-suppositions. Conservative men come from a tradition of rights, freedom and the entailing responsibility. Modern leftist women are pure id. "I am good and therefore what I want is good and must be accomplished no matter what"
Yeah it's a mistake to try and red-pill them. Especially anytime a story like Gabby Petito is front page news, most women always take the bait and it always becomes "We shouldn't have to protect our daughters, you should educate your sons". I'm sure everyone here knows what I'm talking about and has seen that line in particular countless times.

Modern women don't care about tradition and to even suggest to them that they should will get you laughed at by them and you'll be told stuff like "You're so sexist, it's not 1950 anymore!" meanwhile they expect men to be traditional strongman provider-types, make more money they do, and not only expect too that they will not be held accountable or judged for how many partners they've had or slept with but also expect that they will marry them, even when in western society, there is nothing to gain for the man but everything to gain for the woman and they can call the marriage off at any given time and the courts will be on their side 90% of the time.

Gimlet

Pelican
DeSantis has triggered the MSM by appointing a black immigrant Harvard graduate doctor/UCLA medical school professor as Florida's Surgeon General.

Dr. Joseph Ladapo:

Joseph-Ladapo.jpg

Dr. Joseph Ladapo had the nerve to say this of covid at the press conference:

“It’s been treated almost like a religion, it’s just senseless there are lots of good pathways to health, vaccination is not the only one,” says Dr. Ladapo. “We support measures for good health, vaccination, losing weight, eating more fruits and vegetables.”

Naturally he is under attack.

finger11

Sparrow
DeSantis has triggered the MSM by appointing a black immigrant Harvard graduate doctor/UCLA medical school professor as Florida's Surgeon General.

Dr. Joseph Ladapo:

Joseph-Ladapo.jpg

Dr. Joseph Ladapo had the nerve to say this of covid at the press conference:

“It’s been treated almost like a religion, it’s just senseless there are lots of good pathways to health, vaccination is not the only one,” says Dr. Ladapo. “We support measures for good health, vaccination, losing weight, eating more fruits and vegetables.”

Naturally he is under attack.

Suspended from Twitter already

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Catholic
Gold Member
Yeah it's a mistake to try and red-pill them. Especially anytime a story like Gabby Petito is front page news, most women always take the bait and it always becomes "We shouldn't have to protect our daughters, you should educate your sons". I'm sure everyone here knows what I'm talking about and has seen that line in particular countless times.
I saw the bold on social media the other day, verbatim. And it was the same thing with Brock Turner.

I've yet to find a 'mic drop' retort for it.

EndlessGravity

Ostrich
Protestant
I'm not a huge fan of these solutions but it's something. (Also, obligatory comment about how he's not the savior of the world and it makes me cry in my cereal at night).

The legislative proposals include the provision of reemployment assistance to people who are fired due to failure to comply with an employer’s vaccine mandate. Under another proposal, Floridians who have an adverse reaction to a vaccine would be eligible for workers’ compensation.

Employers who fire workers solely based on the vaccine mandate would be prohibited from enforcing non-compete agreements against the employees, according to another proposal. Another provision would require employers to provide and religious and health exemptions to vaccine mandates. Meanwhile, companies that fail to notify employees about the exemptions would be liable to lawsuits by fired employees.

EndlessGravity

Ostrich
Protestant
Although DeSantis hasn't spoken on this, it's the exact fake PR stuff all the Florida Republicans do, including him. Sprowls is another darling of the right in the state and loves to pretend he's conservative.

What's the problem with Florida quiting OSHA you wonder as proposed by these top Rs?

Even if it does, it's standards must match or exceed federal rules. Meaning the entire idea is to appear to be opposing things when you're doing absolutely zero and wasting everyone's time.

These are the non-serious people DeSantis closely allies himself with and expects to get things done with.