The Ron DeSantis Thread

Collapse of America....

I've been hearing about it for decades now.
Soviet Communists announced imminent collapse of America every day :laughter:
(until collapsed themselves)

Yawn....not happening, not even close.

DeSantis for president.
You think America is in good shape right now?

I guess the real question is, what defines "collapse". I would say "collapse" has pretty much already happened. Being I lived through the 1980's, I know how good this country was, and I know it is so much worse in 2021 I would already consider it collapsed. There are little pockets here or there that are not destroyed, but they will come for them too.

Maybe the US govt. will continue to exist in one form or another for another 100 years, but the quality of life has already fallen off a cliff and no one is going to change this course without something extremely drastic.

aynrus

Pelican
You think America is in good shape right now?

I guess the real question is, what defines "collapse". I would say "collapse" has pretty much already happened. Being I lived through the 1980's, I know how good this country was, and I know it is so much worse in 2021 I would already consider it collapsed. There are little pockets here or there that are not destroyed, but they will come for them too.

Maybe the US govt. will continue to exist in one form or another for another 100 years, but the quality of life has already fallen off a cliff and no one is going to change this course without something extremely drastic.

I'd say if one waits for collapse, SHTF (which isn't coming to the US) the collapse had already happened in their life.
Quality of life in the US is pretty good, most of the world dreams of immigrating into the US, it's near-impossible to get a visa from 3rd world countries and for a reason.
Life has ups and downs, each swing takes a few years, sometimes decades.. but collapse isn't the same thing.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I'd say if one waits for collapse, SHTF (which isn't coming to the US) the collapse had already happened in their life.
Quality of life in the US is pretty good, most of the world dreams of immigrating into the US, it's near-impossible to get a visa from 3rd world countries and for a reason.
Life has ups and downs, each swing takes a few years, sometimes decades.. but collapse isn't the same thing.

Don't even bother.....

Yes, the USA is still currently better than the 3rd world, or at least most of it is, for the time being. What happens when the USD stops being the world reserve currency?

skullmask

Woodpecker
Or South Africa. Things can work for a long time, then collapse quickly. We aren't bouncing back from things like we used to. The people who are supposed to run things don't really know what they're doing. We may have overcome before, but we aren't the same people who overcame before. The third world immigration has seen to that.

Or South Africa. Things can work for a long time, then collapse quickly. We aren't bouncing back from things like we used to. The people who are supposed to run things don't really know what they're doing. We may have overcome before, but we aren't the same people who overcame before. The third world immigration has seen to that.
I didn't even think of South Africa, that might be the best example. They had one of the highest living standards in the entire world, they had nuclear weapons and it all disappeared in about a year and a half under Mandela. Now it is a borderline warzone and the people there are desperate to get out.

MrFreezy

Sparrow
I guess the real question is, what defines "collapse". I would say "collapse" has pretty much already happened.
Agreed. Cant speak about the States. In Germany in a city of 320k+ I would not live with my family of 4 including 2 little girls. Simple stuff like going to school or visiting a public swimming pool puts them in danger of being insulted or abused. I d have to follow them everywhere all the time plus I d have to be armed. Double pressure on me for providing safety for my family plus making an income. Impossible.
So I moved to a Canadian city in Northern Ontario less than 100k. Much nicer but... Since last year I got junkies going through my front and back yard. Do I need a dog now? What else do I need to feel safe? Employment opportunities way lower too, here. Next step country middle of nowhere in 2/3 years.
The collapse has already happened. Maybe not like in The Walking Dead. But on a spiritual level for sure. And on a mental level.

Blade Runner

Pelican
Orthodox
Most of the state munis are bankrupt but few admit it. After covid bailouts, I expect the problem to get worse rather than better.
I agree with this. I saw another youtube pension analysis (guy said that fees and mismanagement were the issue - ya think?) and the final summary is that covid drew attention from pensions which were going to be addressed. I laughed. I agree with you, the bailout just bought them 6 months or slightly more, but the economic downturn and lack of tax revenue now poured gas on the fire of insolvency.

If we see inflation keep going for several more months and people get pissed, the Fed will raise rates slightly and the equity markets will find that as an excuse to sell off 10% +.

Blade Runner

Pelican
Orthodox
As predicted, Desantis thread hijacked by the black pillers.
It_is_my_time has been black pilling for over 2 years now. Druckenmiller actually made a prediction that in 12-13 years the USD will be replaced as the world reserve. Interestingly, Martin Armstrong just stated that his rising 2022 confrontation of US civil/political strife is the kickoff that usually starts a 12 year path towards the final throes. His 2032 prediction that everything shifts to east asia (China?) is the ultimate prediction, as that is his year for final peak/dominance of the "West". It's curious that all of these things converge. Check out his blog today, I like the guy a lot but there are a few stodgy boomer things he holds on to that I don't trust about him - his socrates computer rah-rah, his analysis of crypto (I don't think he has much of a clue), and his certainty about cycles, which are just a framework in reality, not actually very predictive as in betting your money for sure (or else he'd have killed it and he really doesn't).

It_is_my_time has been black pilling for over 2 years now. Druckenmiller actually made a prediction that in 12-13 years the USD will be replaced as the world reserve. Interestingly, Martin Armstrong just stated that his rising 2022 confrontation of US civil/political strife is the kickoff that usually starts a 12 year path towards the final throes. His 2032 prediction that everything shifts to east asia (China?) is the ultimate prediction, as that is his year for final peak/dominance of the "West". It's curious that all of these things converge. Check out his blog today, I like the guy a lot but there are a few stodgy boomer things he holds on to that I don't trust about him - his socrates computer rah-rah, his analysis of crypto (I don't think he has much of a clue), and his certainty about cycles, which are just a framework in reality, not actually very predictive as in betting your money for sure (or else he'd have killed it and he really doesn't).
Have you seen how much Wall Street firms are putting into the Chinese economy? Black Rock Financial, the largest Investment bank in the world, said that 50% of their business would be within China in the next 5 years. Those posters might have been on to something.

Blade Runner

Pelican
Orthodox
We will see how that works out, now won't we. China is all about increasing centralization and if the USA is smart (ha) it will eventually embrace the decentralized world that is in its roots. I fear that there is a technocrat global elite arms race occuring, though, with the evil who run the world, or at least choose where the large power brokers go and earn, for the time being.

Nordwand

Kingfisher
Regarding change, I always think of a movie that I saw a few years back:

The male lead, played by former James Bond, George Lazenby, is a sculptor. At the start of the film, he's goes to pick up a cheque from his agent for sales at a recent show, and to discuss a couple of upcoming shows. The locations are Paris, Vienna and Beirut. I doubt if you'll hear those three in the same sentence any more although, thinking about it, Paris does seem to be doing it's best in the race to the bottom since I first saw the movie.