The Ron DeSantis Thread

skullmask

Woodpecker
So overall I maintain he is absolutely the best choice for Republicans in 2024 at this point. If he can continue what he's doing successfully I think this will become more and more apparent to people, and hopefully to Trump himself, who should bow out of 2024 and endorse DeSantis.

As a Floridian I'd rather he stayed in Florida. Maybe pass an amendment to allow him to run for a few more terms. Do you really think he will gain more power by becoming POTUS? If anything the deep state in DC will swallow him up like they did Trump. Like a previous poster said, the only solution to DC is a nuke or revolution. I'd prefer we just get rid of DC entirely. Then the states will be free to do their own thing unmolested by an overbearing federal government. Our chief executive would just be the governor and we'd have far more control over things in our individual states.

scorpion

Hummingbird
Gold Member
It doesn't make sense for DeSantis to stay in Florida, given that:

1) He doesn't have to give up the Governorship to run for President in the first place.

2) If he wins re-election in 2022 he would be term limited as FL Governor in 2026 anyway.

In politics, as in war, business and pretty much every other human endeavor of consequence, timing is everything. You must strike when the iron is hot. It makes sense for him to run in 2024 off the strength of his COVID leadership and his (presumptive) strong 2022 re-election as Florida Governor. It makes no sense for him to wait until 2028 after he's been out of office for two years and his star has cooled out of the spotlight.

Barack Obama ran in 2008 even though Hillary Clinton was much more strongly positioned to win the Democratic nomination. He recognized that the timing was right and he couldn't afford to let that opportunity pass, because the political landscape can change drastically in 4-8 years and he very well might not get another shot. It was a risk, but a calculated one. In hindsight he chose correctly. Now consider that DeSantis would be much, much more strongly positioned to run for President in 2024 than Obama was in 2008. He would be foolish to pass on the opportunity, and the Republican party would be foolish to pass him over in favor of a Trump repeat/swan song.

magaman

Woodpecker
Can't even have a Ron Desantis thread without Jew, Jew, Jew complaints.
Yeah people like @Eusebius Erasmus and @EndlessGravity are quick to judge whenever you bring up Ron DeSantis or Donald Trump. They sure are anti-semitic for people who hang out on a Christian forum that preaches love and acceptance. I get it, Jews aren't perfect and there are a lot of bad ones but perhaps if they feel so strongly about it, they should run for president/vice president, steal the election and go take care of those "nasty jews" that they hate so much.

Easy_C

Peacock
Or it’s because the “Israel lobby” is one of the main reasons your politicians don’t care about you and will sell you down the river.

It is also THE main reason why your media pushes buttsex, criminal lifestyles, and debauchery at every opportunity and the main reason why your cities are overrun with the most violent, disruptive migrants possible instead of poaching the best and the brightest from around the world.

fireshark

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Or it’s because the “Israel lobby” is one of the main reasons your politicians don’t care about you and will sell you down the river.

It is also THE main reason why your media pushes buttsex, criminal lifestyles, and debauchery at every opportunity and the main reason why your cities are overrun with the most violent, disruptive migrants possible instead of poaching the best and the brightest from around the world.
Some people will simply never get it, never take the time to understand it in detail, and never understand that it's a spiritual rivalry between two spiritual kingdoms, and not really about race. Thankfully we have people who write great books on the topic, so that those who do want to understand, can.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
Yeah people like @Eusebius Erasmus and @EndlessGravity are quick to judge whenever you bring up Ron DeSantis or Donald Trump. They sure are anti-semitic for people who hang out on a Christian forum that preaches love and acceptance. I get it, Jews aren't perfect and there are a lot of bad ones but perhaps if they feel so strongly about it, they should run for president/vice president, steal the election and go take care of those "nasty jews" that they hate so much.
Bro chill. I’m part Jewish, as are many forum members.

Uzisuicide

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Did he censor criticism of the country he's supposedly loyal to? Or did he censor criticism of a different country while allowing people to say whatever horrible things they want about the one his constituents live in?

The Jew hate has crept its way in to thread after thread on this site which was the point of my comment. The Israel lobby isn't why the likes of AOC, Talib and other radical elected communists hate you.
Coservatives absolutely will not get a candidate that agrees with them on such wide ranging issue as DeSantis. The results of the straw poll indicate that the conservative electorate understands this.

Pick a candidate that best suits a future that you can invision living in. If that means picking the least horrible one then do so and return next cycle to gain more ground.

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
The Jew hate has crept its way in to thread after thread on this site which was the point of my comment. The Israel lobby isn't why the likes of AOC, Talib and other radical elected communists hate you.
Coservatives absolutely will not get a candidate that agrees with them on such wide ranging issue as DeSantis. The results of the straw poll indicate that the conservative electorate understands this.

Pick a candidate that best suits a future that you can invision living in. If that means picking the least horrible one then do so and return next cycle to gain more ground.
What "Jew hate?" I'm 100% Ashkenazi (99.4% to be exact) and don't hate Jews or anyone else. By conflating my statement that (paraphrasing) America First means America First with "Jew hate" you are just demonstrating the effectiveness of the brainwashing propagated against Americans. Saying "I'd prefer a politician who cares more about my country than another one" is the normal, healthy sentiment that citizens of every other nation on Earth are allowed to feel about their supposed leaders.

Go ask an Israeli if they'd vote for a Prime Minister who put America above Israel, and then please come back and let us know your results.

fireshark

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
The Jew hate
Noticing subversion creeping in is not hate. That's a very interesting conclusion you are drawing there.
The Israel lobby isn't why the likes of AOC, Talib and other radical elected communists hate you.
Without even going into details, at the very least the lobby does help the likes of AOC to find a generally more supportive audience for their anti-American message.
Pick a candidate that best suits a future that you can invision living in.
There is nothing going on in the American political system that represents a future I can envision living in. Those in thier right mind and who know the score would be heavily inclined to agree.
If that means picking the least horrible one then do so and return next cycle to gain more ground.
Vote harder, yeah we get it.

Uzisuicide

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Noticing subversion creeping in is not hate. That's a very interesting conclusion you are drawing there.

Without even going into details, at the very least the lobby does help the likes of AOC to find a generally more supportive audience for their anti-American message.

There is nothing going on in the American political system that represents a future I can envision living in. Those in thier right mind and who know the score would be heavily inclined to agree.

Vote harder, yeah we get it.

Then just quit. There's an audit.going on in Arizona and patriots that are doing their best to make sure future elections aren't stolen. It's not just voting.
When threads devolve into a preoccupation with Jew, Jew, Jew, it becomes myopic hatred and scaoegoating.

Uzisuicide

Kingfisher
Gold Member
What "Jew hate?" I'm 100% Ashkenazi (99.4% to be exact) and don't hate Jews or anyone else. By conflating my statement that (paraphrasing) America First means America First with "Jew hate" you are just demonstrating the effectiveness of the brainwashing propagated against Americans. Saying "I'd prefer a politician who cares more about my country than another one" is the normal, healthy sentiment that citizens of every other nation on Earth are allowed to feel about their supposed leaders.

Go ask an Israeli if they'd vote for a Prime Minister who put America above Israel, and then please come back and let us know your results.
Straw man. Desantis didn't choose Israel over America. And yes, it appears to me that you hate Jews.

fireshark

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Then just quit.
My choices are to accept a totally rigged system (the same one that got us where we are today) or quit. I believe that's called a false dichotomy.
When threads devolve into a preoccupation with Jew, Jew, Jew, it becomes myopic hatred and scaoegoating.
You are making it a preoccupation. I wonder if someone had pointed out any other group, say, BLM was getting friendly with DeSantis, if you would be vehemently objecting to people even pointing out simple facts like you are now?.

Uzisuicide

Kingfisher
Gold Member
My choices are to accept a totally rigged system (the same one that got us where we are today) or quit. I believe that's called a false dichotomy.

You are making it a preoccupation. I wonder if someone had pointed out any other group, say, BLM was getting friendly with DeSantis, if you would be vehemently objecting to people even pointing out simple facts like you are now?.

What dichotomy? It's up to YOU and the rest of us to fix broken and rigged systems. As I've already pointed out, patriots are busy in Arizona, Georgia and elsewhere fighting against serious demonic opposition trying to expose and eliminate corrunt systems. Ron DeSantis has been on the front line of the fight.

There are alot of moving parts that can't be distilled down to Jew.

Normally I'd let this go but you need to step back. You don't call other men antisemitic so flippantly like this is Twitter. It's especially bad because I literally pointed out his donors, many of the major ones, and nothing more. I also always try to make my comments substantive.

Vote for him if he runs but don't think this time is going to be any different. IMHO, after 2020, it's a better plan to keep strong governors where they are and abandon aspirations at the national level. Why grind up your best resources accomplishing nothing, especially at this point?

Player_1337

Pelican
Gold Member
I don't care what anyone says: I'd love to see Trump win for a third time in 2024 (just to piss off the neo-marxists), followed by 8 years of President DeSantis. The leftist outrage would be glorious. Despite the over-exaggerated black-pilling here-- as demonstrated over the last six months, a Trump presidency is an infinitely better outcome than any other career-politician they decide to install (i.e. Sleepy Joe and Heels-Up Harris). I've never seen more damage carried out in such a short period of time.

Last edited: