The Roosh V Thread

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
This morning I discovered the latest Epic Stream on peertube.su by pure coincidence and only here.

Roosh Hour #55 - Donald Trump

Neither in the blog nor in the forum I could find any info. Did I miss something?

Question: would it be possible to receive a notification about new Roosh Hours via PM.
I was testing some new platforms so I uploaded it there. My blog now has a stable copy.

I do have email and SMS notifications. Look at my blog footer for the link.

tigerbass

Pigeon
Five years ago I thought both Stefan and Roosh were going to become Christian eventually. What really surprised me is that it happened to Roosh first, and Stefan still doesn't seem like he's really any closer (though I admit I haven't followed his activities much since he was kicked off YouTube.)
Wow, same.

I consider Stef as a solid Christian apologist.

I would even say he knows more theology than even current Roosh. But Roosh is doing a very different DIY orthodox quest. I mean his glorious nationwide pilgrimage really showcased his search for his Holy Grail. I really enjoyed that. Desert Fathers ftw!

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Wow, same.

I consider Stef as a solid Christian apologist.

I would even say he knows more theology than even current Roosh. But Roosh is doing a very different DIY orthodox quest. I mean his glorious nationwide pilgrimage really showcased his search for his Holy Grail. I really enjoyed that. Desert Fathers ftw!

Stefan's 'apologism' is on display here:

Probably the only time he has been humbled and didn't double-down on his Swiss cheese points like he normally does.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
I enjoyed the Black Friday podcast immensely. Lots of interesting callers. ROWSH!!
I got a lot of positive feedback from it so I canonized the stream as an official Roosh Hour:

I got a lot of positive feedback from it so I canonized the stream as an official Roosh Hour:
Excellent! Looking forward to the next one.

tigerbass

Pigeon
Stefan's 'apologism' is on display here:

Probably the only time he has been humbled and didn't double-down on his Swiss cheese points like he normally does.
Dude, ad hominems are not an argument.

I haven't seen this video, I'll check it out. I've seen countless others where's he effectively proselytizes. And as a religious studies scholar, I don't say these things lightly.

I'd say, young Stef was his secular atheist days. Older Stef is far more welcoming to Christians. He's even remarked if he had to go back into the dating world, he's not looking for atheists.

If you don't like him, that's fine. I don't care.

I was about to say, "Isn't Stefan gay", but then I realized I had him confused in my head with Milo for some odd reason. I haven't thought of either of them in a while though.

asdf

Robin
I think I heard on the podcast that the good ol boys call him "rawsh" , that's because his name looks like "roush" as in roush racing a pretty famous and well regarded nascar team which is obviously big in the south.

redbeard

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Regarding immigration, it might be worthwhile to look into what St. Thomas Aquinas has said on the subject. Put simply, his argument is that "if foreigners were allowed to meddle with the affairs of a nation as soon as they settled down in its midst, many dangers might occur, since the foreigners not yet having the common good firmly at heart might attempt something hurtful to the people." (source) His stance is based on the fact "every one should prefer the common good of virtue to the good of the individual."

For example, imagine you allow an immigrant to enter your country and obtain work as a mechanic. Meanwhile, your next-door-neighbor is a citizen of 200 years and also a mechanic by trade. If your neighbor becomes unemployed, because you've imported an immigrant mechanic, you've sinned against your neighbor by stealing his employment away him. In this case, you've hurt the common good of your country (your neighbor) by preferring the good of the individual (the immigrant).

Here's a quick summary:

"In the Treatise on Law of his Summa Theologiae, Question 105, Article 3, the Doctor of the Church argues that every nation has the right to determine who can be allowed to migrate to it and to establish immigration policies accordingly.

Discussing “Whether the judicial precepts regarding foreigners were framed in a suitable manner”, Saint Thomas analyzed how the ancient Israelites actually applied God’s commandment to welcome the stranger. The Jews did not admit visitors from all nations equally, he wrote, since peoples closer to them were more quickly integrated into the population than those who were not as close. Moreover, people coming from certain nations were not admitted into Israel at all, due to their hostility toward the Jewish people and culture.

Saint Thomas identified three types of “strangers”. First were “the foreigners who passed through their land as travellers,” much like modern day visitors with a travel visa. Second were those who “came to dwell in their land as newcomers”, living in the land but without the full benefits of citizenship, like today’s resident aliens.

The third group was those foreigners who wished to be admitted entirely to the fellowship and mode of worship of the Jews. Even in this case, Saint Thomas counselled a delay of two or three generations before foreigners could be naturalized — deemed to be citizens."

Yes, two or three generations before becoming citizens.

When you consider unemployment is looking like this (below) it makes sense.

1611062614609.png